HubSpot Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

4.7
HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan
Brian Halligan
Pros
Cons
  • "Tough to strike a work life balance sometimes(in 54 reviews)

• "Fast growth creates some growing pains -- like needing to develop new managers/leaders(in 44 reviews)

1. "Good company to work with"

I worked at HubSpot full-time

Pros

flexible timing, timely salary, good environment, good management, no pressure

Cons

no cons during my tenure

HubSpot2019-09-14
  2. "Doesn't get better: high impact work, amazing co-workers and work-life flexibility"

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

At any stage of your career, this is a place where you can learn, grow, and have high impact within the company, with our customers, and through the values we live and share, beyond to our communities and across the tech industry. The people here are CARING and SMART- it's a pleasure to come to work each day and know that you will be pushed, and also that you will help push people around you. The work-life... flexibility is second to none. There is an expectation you will produce great work, but you have the support and resources to do so, and very high autonomy to do so.

Cons

Constant change inevitably causes growing pains, and there is a lot of building the tracks while the train is already moving. You will not sit still and you can expect plenty of trial and error and lots of ambiguity, but this is ultimately not necessarily a bad thing, just not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Allow yourselves the opportunity to innovate in the people you decide to grow and bring on board. More of the same might feel safe, but it won't push you or your teams or your products.

HubSpot2019-10-12
  3. "Would Recommend to Anyone"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Career Growth, Personal Growth

Cons

Not all locations get access to the same perks

Advice to Management

Would love to see more transparency around compensation

HubSpot2019-10-11
  4. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* The people here truly walk the walk in terms of culture. Our values are real and practiced by every employee. * Leadership truly cares about diversity & inclusion and is putting significant investment toward moving the needle here. There's a long way to go but we've started to scratch the surface of progress. * You get an insane amount of autonomy in your role and have the opportunity to make a huge impact... for our customers. * The people who work here are just the best. * The flexibility in work hours and location is incredible. You're trusted to get your work done whenever and wherever you can be most productive. This has made life/work balance so much easier.

Cons

* Gender and ethnic diversity in engineering is terrible * Compensation in engineering is lower than other tech companies in Boston

HubSpot2019-10-11
  5. "Wonderful Culture, Team and Product"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

HubSpot is a wonderful place to work. You will not work for another company that cares more about their employees than HubSpot does.

Cons

HubSpot grows at such a fast pace its tough to get a full understanding of the tool.

HubSpot2019-10-11
  6. "Great Company For Remote Employees"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined HubSpot as a fully remote employee just over a month ago. So far it has been a fantastic experience. Everyone on the team has been very motivated and enjoyable to work with, and my manager is great. The company is very supportive of remote work and I still feel very connected even though I am several states away from HQ.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any Cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust employees to do the right thing.

HubSpot2019-10-11
  7. "Autonomy, Creativity, Growth"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of opportunities to grow outside of your day-to-day role. Autonomy to innovate, create and shape your role while ensuring you create a schedule and work-life fit that works best for you. The people work hard, are helpful, empathetic and kind. Our founders truly make it feel like we are growing a business together and the transparency and access to information is unparalleled

Cons

The company grows quickly, re-org happens and it's harder to career path and see yourself moving up into management roles. Would like to see more proactive conversations around how to move internally.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your team to get involved in programs outside of their role especially as it pertains to DI&B and continues to lead by example on that front.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are good problems to work on at every level and good people that help you grow.

Cons

The % of female software engineers could be higher

9. "Still here!"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the people! I also really believe in our product.

Cons

Vast range of salaries across the company makes it very obvious that some orgs are more important than others. This is a fine concept, but the highest paying departments are also the ones that are most heavily white and male.

Advice to Management

Cut some perks, raise some salaries, improve the 401k (this company is growing up)

HubSpot2019-10-11
  10. "Amazing Culture - Work life balance is unparalleled"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is very transparent. A lot of room for opportunities for professional and personal growth. Challenging , exciting work and there is never a dull moment.

Cons

To continue hiring more people of color. It is a topic that the organization as whole is working towards to. I would encourage you to keep that front and center as the company continues to grow.

Found 1001 reviews