Hulu Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Hulu Interview Questions

Interviews at Hulu

3.1

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu.

Interview

I had a phone interview & was asked to come in for an onsite. I arrived & waited an entire hour before the person who invited me in knowledged me. She said she didn't know I was there and the person who I was supposed to interview with was no longer available. She said she would call me later to reschedule. I never heard back. As a recruiter, I found this to be a horrible candidate experience and terribly unprofessional. If this is representative of how employees are treated or company culture, I can't recommend applying.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked because the interview didn't happen.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the two hiring managers. HR then had me put together a very extensive work sample project before I could move onto the next round. There were 3 questions, but it really broke down to 5 different questions in each question. I thought the questions were relevant and well thought out, but it was a lot of work for a lower level title. For the final round I went to the Hulu office in Santa Monica for a 4 hour interview where I met with 10 different people. Everyone was nice/young/smart overall - but I don't like this style as it doesn't give the candidate a chance to really get to know the hiring manager or vice versa. Sure, it's nice to get other people's opinions on a candidate but the hiring manager should really be the one spending quality time with the candidate and getting to know them. One of the hiring managers I met with seemed so rushed like I was inconveniencing her by taking 30 minutes of her time, not a good first impression.

The part that really bothered me, though, was the way HR handled me as an applicant. They promised to get back to me by the end of the following week, and I didn't hear back until 2.5 weeks later. I didn't receive an offer and HR emailed me with a generic statement about how feedback was good, stay in touch, etc. Comparatively, I was a finalist at Netflix and their HR team called me every step of the way to deliver me information which I found much more respectful. I spent hours and hours on this interview and preparing a work sample, the least I could have gotten was a call to inform me of a final decision.

Interview Questions

• This was a marketing interview so many people asked me to talk about a campaign I liked in the marketplace and why. Other questions were standard interview questions discussing prior campaigns I've handled from start to finish, describe a challenge you've overcome, etc.   1 Answer

Associate Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

This process was long, repetitive and draining. They were all very nice but the whole process is way too long and take a lot of your time especially when you have to take time off, if you currently have a job. There are 4-5 separated phone interviews, then an all day in person interview and Skype interview. They kept basically asking the same questions every time. Way too long, especially if they feel they were not going hire me.

Associate Media Manager Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview and took about 20 minutes to complete. It was done by a HR manager, I didn't get a chance to speak to the manager yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hulu?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hulu (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

DON'T INTERVIEW WITH THESE GUYS. They give you 20 minutes to decipher two intentionally obscured piece of code and explain what the purpose of them are. When I had difficulty following their terrible code, the interviewer actually ended the interview early and just said "sorry this isn't going very well, I'm going to hang up now bye.".

Most people do whiteboard coding, this was the total opposite and you get treated very poorly. There are better startups out there and they do better things for the world. Hulu displays ads even when you're a paying customer, do you really want to support that crap?

Interview Questions

• What does this terrible, unrealistic, no-one-would-ever-be-allowed-to-write-this code do?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I would definitely recommend this place, it’s really nice personal, and a lot of opportunities to grow up. And it is a really nice location with a beautiful view

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

The recruiter called and told me they would like to fix and interview. Next week was selected and she told me I will be sent a code 20 mins before interview.

Interview Day: Code was sent to me about 10,15 mins before and some guy called me. He first asked me about my projects and all that.
    He then asked me about the codes he has sent me. First code was pretty easy and the second one was also not so difficult. However he wanted output from all the print statements.

After that he asked me a design question. How would you implement cache..later we discussed lists and heaps....That was all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted through linkedin and was very friendly and spoke on the phone for half an hour. She spoke about position and hulu as a company and she wanted to know about my background.
    Next round was phone interview. Asked to solve a string anagram problem. Wrote the code with test cases and executed all the test cases.
    Next round was onsite. Hulu office is very friendly and people were very friendly too. Had 4 rounds of interview. First round was design question. Second round was with hiring manager. This round is more about us understanding culture fit and background in depth. Third and fourth round was more of coding questions and working with the interviewer to solve problems. It was fun talking to all the people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Started with an HR interview. Typical questions there. Had two coding exercises to do with two different engineers. I flew in onsite for a 5 hour interview. First was talking to a product manager about how things are done at Hulu. A lot of behavioral questions there. Second was a system design question with an engineer. This was done in an area I haven't worked in before. There was a lunch break here to speak with an engineer. Afterwards, there was a coding exercise with the same engineer. I definitely had trouble with the problem, but he also had some trouble describing the problem. The next interview was another system design problem. This was more on building data structures and being able to relate and extend them. The last interview was one last system design problem. This had a focus on scalability. The questions were fair, though difficult. Many of them were system design based. I enjoyed talking with all the engineers and the office space was great. The only negative I had was I did not get any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on a lot of system design   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Some questions regarding Object Oriented Programming and then several questions about algorithm design. One of the questions asked was how to implement an LRU cache and what data structure to use. After you give an answer, they ask you how to optimize your solution using different data structures.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.