Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Informatica

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

There were 3 interview rounds - one initial call with a recruiter. Then, there was a phone interview and a an in-person interview with the team as well as a short technical writing test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do technical writing in IT?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process. First spoke to the recruiter, then went on to speak to several other folks in marketing. It's a busted org with a lot of land grabbing going on and no leadership. People clearly fearful of hiring others who may have more experience than them. After my last interview they went dark for a month before I heard back that I didn't get the role. Fortunately I had moved on way before they called me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in September 2020.

Interview

I had lot of questions on Java and some easy to medium leetcode questions
    There were 5 rounds.
    1 was Hr , useless round.
    1 round had only coding
    rest all had some questions or info about role and one coding question

Interview Questions

• Questions on resolving dependencies, can be solved by Topological sort   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The recruiter called first and then there was a 45 min technical interview. I was shortlisted for the second round and it lasted for 45 minutes as well. I didn't receive any response from the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic fundamentals of REST API's   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Meet with recruiter first. Then hiring manager. Recruiter was very thorough. Video interview with hiring manager. Sounds like very collaborative environment. They have great products and leader in their market niche. More open to remote working than perhaps the past.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Worst phone interview experience with the design head. I usually wouldn’t say this, especially about ux design interviews, because you always learn something. But this one was unusually awful. The interviewer was extremely disinterested and couldn’t seem to care less. Felt like he was constantly typing. Complete waste of his time and mine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about any project on your portfolio.

(Even after 20-30 mins, he didn’t ask any questions about the project)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica in February 2020.

Interview

Went through On campus recruiting, had a brief 1:1 interview with the recruiter, told me more about the role and the company culture. Told me to prepare for the next round of interviews, but ended up ghosting me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

I initially had a call with the recruiter m. Asked pretty basic questions about my experience. Then had a first coding round with pretty basic questions. I did pretty well. I have got a call for the second round and HR didn’t have me heads up regarding anything that I should have eclipse or any new IDE set up for the call. I simple didn’t had anything set up in my system, since it’s my person laptop which I was on. I have asked the interviewer if we could reschedule the interview. Looks like he was fine with it. After two days recruiter emailed me with the standard thing saying they are forwarding with the new candidate.

Overall it was a complete negative experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

3 Interviews total
    1 with direct supervisor, 1 with an executive, and 1 with peers.
    Some technical questions, but mostly looking for fit and understanding of the relationship of business and tech.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about SQL including join types, DDL vs DML   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Informatica (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter. A bit of unprofessional shown when I was asked to reveal my current salary. I did not.

Followed by technical screen where in I was asked theory questions on Java which is very strange for a role like this. I was also asked a coding question for which the interviewer was not ready to answer any followup questions from me. Besides that he was terse and rude at some point completely dismissing my thought process.

I answered almost all the questions correctly except some college level theory questions which should be asked for high-school pop quizzes.
    At the end of the interview, I asked the interviewer about a division in Informatica which is mentioned in their website and he clearly indicated with utmost confidence that informatica does not do that. This showed that he had no clue what is going on in the company.

I did not follow up with the recruiter as I had not intention of wasting a day to face this level of unprofessionalism onsite.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.