Informatica Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Informatica

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Chennai) in June 2019.

Interview

1st round based on mcq.there was 60 mcq 20 from analytics and rest of them from your core subject like dbms,os,oops,cn
    2nd round was 1st technical HR which took 1 hour in which they were basically asking from java,dbms
    3rd round was again technical HR some what enhanced version you can say,que were asked from data structure and algorithm,some puzzles are also there.
    4th round again technical HR this time again java,oops but with some depthand after half an hour they will basically talk about your project and how it works in real time scenario.
    5th round was personal HR.

Interview Questions

• oops
      java
      data structure
      algorithm n quenns problem
      puzzles   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2008.

Interview

I applied online and the process started when the recruiter contacted me to schedule phone interviews. The hiring manager spoke to me to get a feel of my education, experience, availability location, salary details etc...and then the interviewing began. My resume was quite detailed and as it turns out, I was not a perfect fir for the role advertised. But I considered myself a good fir because I had the ability to quickly fill any gaps in my skill levels.

First a team of three members asked questions thoroughly about my skills and back ground. At this point, they should have known very well that I fell a little short. However, they interviewed me one more time and then a team leader interviewed me. It was the same set of questions by the same set of people for at least 2 or three rounds. I gave the same answers. Then the recruiter wanted to schedule face 2 face interviews. At this point I was quite encouraged that they would consider hiring me. For that reason, I traveled on my personal expense to attend those interviews (Skimpy company policy that they wouldnt pay for interview travel). Same set of people who interviewed on the phone and same questions again! Sounded like the phone interviews were simply a waste of time. What followed was perhaps the most frustrating time in my career. The director of the group spoke to me and started asking some stupid questions - like why did I change my jobs frequently in the past etc...Well all that is already in my resume - why ask me now and this far into the process after making me travel on my own? After a few minutes of talking to him, I started to get a feel that the result would be negative and was mentally prepared for it. And then they proved they were total nut jobs when it comes to handling prospective talent. The director said that my skills were not up to the mark - but they still liked to hire me for a different position (I was totally confused)....So I went through another F2F interview for the new position. Then they said it is all done and that I would be contacted later. I left confused but confident that I would get an offer. They emailed me a week later that there was no interest in hiring me. I was totally dejected that I had to go through all the pain, travel, effort, cost and expectation for no good. They could have easily made that decision after the phone interviews. I am writing this hoping this would be a good example for prospective candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why did you switch so many jobs?   1 Answer
    • Why are you quitting your current job?   2 Answers

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

1st round phone interview, around 40mins.
    2nd round 1:1 in person interview at the company with the VP and hiring manager.
    Got offer the next day of 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you have been involved that deals with forecasting and pricing models.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and smooth :)

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

There were 7 rounds of technical interview and one round of HR. They mostly asked questions on DBMS, OS and also on the projects you have worked on. A lot of other questions were mostly on puzzles.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. First one was face to face. It was easy , basic Oops, Mysql,Unix questions. Second was telephonic and third round was face to face interview that lasted 4 hours.
    Easy interview. People are not professional. No response after interview.

Interview Questions

Informatica Response

10 Sep 2018 – Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience with Informatica. I’m sorry to hear about your experience with our recruiter. During my time as the VP of Talent Acquisition, I have worked hard... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Standard interviewing process. Phone interview is the used as the filter just like every other company. After you clear that, you are invited to the onsite interview where you are being interviewed by 4 or 5 people (one at a time). The Vice President usually comes in for the final round. The interviews are fairly rigorous but not impossible. They make sure that you know what you say you know.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Applied online via their website.

Was sent a Hackerrank Test a couple of weeks later. The test wasn’t hard, but the last coding question kept failing half the test cases because of timeout. I’m pretty sure my solution was the most optimal but since I failed some test cases, I assumed I failed the test.

To my surprise, I was contacted by a recruiter for a technical phone screen. Pretty straight forward tech questions.

Last step was a behavioral phone interview with the hiring manager. Common HR questions. Slightly technical.

Was given the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward cs technical questions. Common hr questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Round 1: Recruiter Call
    Round 2: Technical Phone Interview
    Round 3: Onsite Interview

Usually, there would be 2 phone rounds. Since my first round was really good they flew me onsite directly. Everything was taken care of and the interview started at 10am and ended at 3:30 PM.

Interview Questions

• Two questions during the phone interview. (Medium Difficulty)
      Onsite consisted of 6 rounds. All technical. And all white board coding and design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Pretty casual. 3 rounds of interviews. 2 Phone interview and 1 on-site interview with 3 seniors. Everybody was very supportive and friendly. I got my offer in 2 days after the interview. It's a great company to work for. Great work- life balance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied on campus, had an on campus interview with a director and then on-site interview with 5 engineers and 1 HR manager (but s/he did not show up).

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process has two phases: phone interview and onsite interview. Onsite interview has 4-5 rounds. In the on-site interview, there are technical rounds, a personal interview with HR, and one or more non-technical interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• The entire process contained a bunch of technical questions. The managers were asking about non-technical (behavioral) questions.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.