80% would recommend to a friend
(2718 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Found 2,718 of over 3T reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good and you are open to introduce new ideas" (in 317 reviews)
- "Great people and team!" (in 197 reviews)
- "Good work culture Good projects will be given even at the intern level Great to have a career start" (in 172 reviews)
- "I would recommend the company to anyone looking for a great company and culture at an industry leading company." (in 149 reviews)
- "Informatica had relatively good benefits and a strong reputation in data integration." (in 136 reviews)
- "Just had a big layoff and let go so many talented people." (in 17 reviews)
- "The senior management is based in US and it feels they are so far from Europe culture." (in 14 reviews)
- "Slow in moving things, too much favoritism from some managers." (in 7 reviews)
- "I told HR in my exit interview I was leaving because of the sexual harassment and lack of advancement." (in 3 reviews)
- "The GCS team comprises of bosses who just have their own favorites or relatives." (in 3 reviews)
- 2.05 Oct 2023LegalFormer EmployeeBengaluru
Decent MNC with a satisfactory work culture. You will get exposure in terms of offsites which are usually outside India. Work life balance is there.
Compensation is on the extreme lower side. Surprisingly, the people who have been hired in 2023 in the Legal shared services team in India have received almost the same level of entry salary which a person got in the year 2017.It is a shared services team which has been formed in India to do the supporting work for the legal teams based out in other countries, hence the growth and work is bad. Team quality is also not up to the mark since anyone can do that work as there is no application of mind. Further, the higher management will throw any non legal projects (para legal type work) for the shared services to do and you are forced to work upon them since they do not want to hire para legals in the team. Hence, the major issue is related to work, slow growth and salary which are the main components of a job. If someone is a fresher, looking to have an MNC name in the resume, then one should join Informatica but if you are planning to build a career, then that is not possible over here.2
- 3.017 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Good work culture. Nice employees to work with. Good work. You will be constantly challenged. Good pay, on par with industry. Open communication by higher management.
Cloud transformation seems to be taking it's toll. Hired a lot of employees in last 2-3 yrs and have fired close to 1000 employees in 2023 calendar year. The recent events have brought down employee morale considerably and damaged the credibility and reputation of Informatica.1
- 1.05 Nov 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
Lets write the cons first. Later if anything i find about Pros will update
No Work life balance. People work more than 15Hrs . Calls will be scheduled in non-working hrs after 8PM or Before 9AM as per US team . No value for Indian employees working hours. In 2023 company fired 2 times. Jan-2023 and Nov-2023. In Nov-2023 company fired 500+ employees. Without any reason. People are working daily 15 hrs for the company but at the end you are getting email saying that 'Your role is no more required for company'. This is same situation from last 2 years 2021-23. So better to look for company who thinks about their employees also.7
- 1.09 Nov 2023Principal Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBengaluru
Used to be a Good Company Some sort of Brand Recognition is present
I don't even know where to start. INFA used to be a great place to work for before Amit Walia took over along with Jitesh Ghai. 2 people who have no idea how to deal with people, have no strategy to grow the company and have no respect at all for the people who have toiled hard for the company. All these corporate bootlickers here justifying the management's decision of layoffs because it hasn't happened to them. Hasn't happened to me also, I still have a job but I empathize with so many of my close colleagues who were terribly impacted. There was no opportunity at all to say goodbye, to take a proper KT session - just remove their access, and the survivors need to figure stuff out on their own. Imagine you have worked in a company for 15 years. Don't you deserve some sort of respect when you leave? Atleast a farewell, an opportunity to say goodbye to your colleagues in person, in office? But no, these folks will act like cowards and will randomly block your account one morning and send a mail that you are laid off. Just use and throw people like napkins. The work life balance in India is terrible and you are expected to work like slaves for US folks. For their comfort we need to attend calls at 9 PM in the night, but do they go this far for our comfort? No, because Indian employees are slaves. After doing all these mass layoffs these jokers have the audacity to go on a World Tour of all INFA offices and keep harping about Cloud Cloud Cloud profits, revenue etc etc. and claim how much has revenue grown and still they do this. I don't have an issue with layoffs if you need to, if the company is losing money, and even if you do layoffs, do it respectfully to the people. Giving them a notice of 2 months, all the benefits, an opportunity to say Goodbye, and time to process the information without doing it randomly during the festive season without performance being taken into account. First this CEO should be thrown out for his absolute incompetency in ruining the great work culture that used to exist beforehand.12
- 3.021 Nov 2023Senior QA EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
Good Pay, food, transport, employee benefits
Yearly layoffs. Not even evaluated based on employees performance. It is a very unreliable place to work3
- 1.022 Nov 2023Principal QA EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBengaluru
Friday biriyani is tasty. You can get extra brinjal gravy too!
Every year lay off, so every level managers are just looking out for themselves than the team. The timing is such that they'll make people work for an year and just before RSU is vested they'll layoff. Smart strategy.5
Informatica Reviews FAQs
Informatica has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 3,069 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Informatica to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
80% of Informatica employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Informatica 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.