Juniper Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Juniper Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Juniper Networks

3.1

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The hiring process is well below average. The hiring manager round was for 15minutes, no one (hiring manager or recruiter) provided the background on the R&R. The experience is very similar to a small scale company that is struggling in the market for brand reputation but employees still think that there is a repo. Questions are very basic and average.

Ghosted by the recruiter after the interview - very unprofessional. Juniper is one of my vendors with the current position and their sales professionals have the same non-supportive behavior as well. It seems like people just work for salary and not interested in any type of improvement or what-so-ever.

Interview Questions

• Do you know inventory management basics such as EOQ, RFQ, Min-Max, ROP, etc.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you improved something   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied through Juniper website . I got a call from recruiter next business day. she was very clear and explained me how interview would be. I got a phone screen interview the next business day.

Interview Questions

• basic networking concepts. The interviewer was very helpful while i was coding what he had asked for.   1 Answer

Senior Staff Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Due to virus pandemic I had one phone interview via the web. Their first interviewer was a total exercise in frustration, continually adding and changing the details of his "red numbers list" question .. worse than that he seemed confused about several aspects of the Python language.

Interview Questions

• Q: num_list[1,2,3,4,5] are red numbers, api to return first non-red number in a list (at least I think so... because the interviewer himself seemed rather confused about his own question and kept amending and changing the various details pertaining to what he wanted adding only later that this was a sorted list and then changing other aspects such as no negative integers as I attempted to code what I thought he wanted).

I presented a working solution at which point we got the (highly relevant to our daily work and totally stupid) big "O" complexity question that I also answered. And then he proceeded to indicate that he did not even understand how Python does not actually have "integer overflow" ... anyway...   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Technical interview on campus for about 45 minutes. I was interview face to face with a Juniper employee. I did feel that my interview was okay, but never got a yes or no response.

Interview Questions

• More on data structures and algorithms, Networking related concepts.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was online and a video recording. You aren't talking to a real person. I found this really awkward and impersonal as you had a 3-minute limit to answer the question. There was roughly 8 questions, half of them were video and half were essays.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Berkeley, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied through my university and was chosen for an on-campus interview. On the day of, I was brought in and asked to talk about myself, and then the interviewers talked about themselves, what they do, and the company's mission, and asked me if I had any questions for them. After this chat, they verbally described a question before giving me a sheet of paper with the question on it to code on the whiteboard. That was the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and this course on my resume.   1 Answer

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial assessment test which had behavioral screening and fundamental network questions, followed by 1-hour phone technical screen and 4 rounds of the virtual final interview. Domain was Networking. Even then one round entirely on Linux was taken.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioural questions.   1 Answer
    • TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, Trouble shooting scenarios, Linux questions about filesystems and memory.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, followed by  a couple of on-site interviews. It was a great fit, since the work perfectly aligned with recent experience and all interviews went perfectly well including the interview with hiring manager. The final interview was with VP, who recently moved to this new role. I had never met a more unprofessional VP and I wonder how Juniper-like company can progress with such VP. Some of the most alarming comments I heard: (1) He boasted about how he moved from positions to positions every 2-3 years and he always rose and each time he switched, he brought people from a big pool he knew to fill up roles under him (2) I had 15+ years of experience and one of his comments was that one criterion for hiring me was not alignment of experience but rather whether I would be a good bet -  whether I already reached my peak, and whether I would only fall down from here - in other words hinted that I might be getting aged.  (3) Engineers who moved to Product Management plateaued in their career and never really made it big (I come from R&D before Product Management). I was sure he had a big role to play in my final rejection. If it was an accept, I am not sure whether I should have joined. I heard from Juniper alumni about the bullying nature of the VP. I sadly think of the plight of Juniper, if such an VP is leading an important organization as the company makes bold claims on transformation.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

7 interviews by sales and technical questions
    Sales managers and JTAC, and other Sales Engineers.
    Come on. This 30-word requirement is helpful.
    What is happening now? I just need to keep typing to get this over with.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had applied through LinkedIn and was happy to get shortlisted.

But that was only happiness the interview went on for 3 telephonic round( early morning and late nights) and one face to face round at office.

Outcome of interview was they hired an internal candidate...!!!

Only suggestion to the recruitment panel is if you are considering the internal candidates for the position please do not evaluate the candidate with 3-4 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were very easy and were totally based on what you have written in your cv   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.