L.E.K. Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at L.E.K. Consulting

3.3

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

1st Round - 2 case interviews
    2nd Round - 1 presentation, 2 case interviews followed by behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is the annual revenue of hot dog sales in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I applied/interviewed on campus. Two 30 minute cases back to back, one quantitative and one qualitative. Very straightforward cases, with some time left over for fit/behavioural questions. They got back to me the next day about the result.

Interview Questions

• What is the size of the US interior paint market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

First had two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus for the first round with associates. Final round went to Boston for three back to back 30 minute interviews with managers and partners.

There is a lot of market sizing involved.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

2 case interview questions. One quantitative and one strategy for the first round. Second round was 3 case questions with senior management at the home office I was applying for

Interview Questions

• What is the market for replacement wheels for airplanes?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Target school preference; quick 3-week turnaround; quick-to-respond recruiting staff; typical case interviews; friendly interviewers with creative case questions; practice materials available online; generic frameworks are sufficient so long as candidate has creative and analytical insights; current employees more than happy to chat with candidates or conduct practice interviews

Interview Questions

• Short market estimation questions   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

A very quick process and they notified me of their decisions promptly which I really appreciated. All of my interviewers were amazing - enjoyable to speak with, interesting, friendly, and made me feel at ease.

1) Applied online/resume screen: heard back within a week after the deadline to schedule first round interviews through their online platform which was seamless and other companies should do the same.
    2) First round interview: two 30 minute case interviews. One of a regular strategy case and the other was a market size. Neither were extremely hard or tricky but make sure to do some practice ones before your interview. Was notified about final rounds that night via email. I wish they were able to provide specific feedback instead of a generic email.
    3) Final round interview: three 30 minute interviews. One case, one behavioral, and one was a mix behavioral and communication exercise. The case was pretty open ended and I felt that I didn't do well in it since overtime I asked for information, the interviewer couldn't provide me any concrete data. I also didn't complete it, or think I completed it but it was just to see how you think and structure problems. Was notified a few days later that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How many straws are used at Starbucks in a given month?
      Could you invest in a local newspaper company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Two 30-minute first round interviews with senior associates - one focused on quant, the other focused on qualitative / strategy, followed by a final round consisting of three 30-minute interviews with Senior Managers / Partners, which are a mix of quantitative, strategy, and "business sense" questions

Interview Questions

• What factors would you consider when starting a new brand of bottled water?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got selected for a phone interview. There was lots of confusion about scheduling the interview. It was 2 30-minute case interviews. One was strategy and the other was quant. The main problem was lack of time. They also asked behavioral questions for 10 minutes leaving very little time to discuss the case.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2015.

Interview

I was at the career fair in the university. On-campus recruitment. First round of interviews was two 30 min interviews: one business situation, one quantitative. Both in-person, back to back. The interviewers were really nice and friendly. Wasn't invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you advise Hulu in its rising competition with Netflix in terms market strategy?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First Round: Two 30 minute interviews - 10 min. fit and 20 min case by phone
    Second Round: Three 30 minute interviews - 5-10 fit and 20-25 case on site

HR was very accommodating and cordial.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.