Lockheed Martin Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Embedded Software Engineer Asc

Lockheed Martin Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview Questions

Interviews at Lockheed Martin

1.8

Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview

Interview

I sat down with a Senior Manager and several team leads. They described the job and environment before asking their questions. It was a very easy and relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I met a hiring manager at a career fair event at a conference. We talked about my interests and the company and I happened to be what he was looking for on his team specifically. This is a very rare way to go through the hiring process, but also is why one on one interaction can be very important to being hired instead of just being part of a a list of resumes to be looked over in an email. It took a lot of time because HR lost my resume twice and my manager had to personally make calls to get my name back into his list of candidates. (This is why networking is important.) I had one more on site interview where I was asked the usual behavioral questions and then spoke with my future Team Lead. He asked me a couple of technical questions and a couple months later, I was hired. This process will almost always take a long time.

Interview Questions

• What is a thread? What is a semaphore? Explain examples of how they are used. Have you ever had a challenge on a team with a difficult teammate and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Palmdale, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in late August and a recruiter called me up in mid-September saying they wanted to fly me out to site in California. I flew in in early October, spent a night at a hotel, then had an hour(ish) interview with a hiring manager and two engineers the next day (Monday -> Tuesday). It wasn't a formal interview of any sorts - if you have enough to talk about, you can simply rely on explaining your past experience for that hour. They are interested in what you have to bring to the table.

The interviews are traditionally STAR (from what I have read) ,but the interview I had was much more informal, and I spent awhile just talking about my experience, which was cool. To prepare, I would recommend simply reviewing your resume and knowing all your projects inside and out.

I flew out the same day as the interview. I had a wonderful experience talking to them and the flight/hotel/rental car reservations went very smoothly.

Overall, they seem to have their interview process down to a tee. I applaud their HR team for the effort.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Mostly STAR based questions other than ones like why should we hire you? Why do you want to work here? Be ready to answer questions based on experience and background information. Interview was a video call with two interviewers since I was in another state. Dress to impress and be confident. Very nice and very knowledgable people. Recruiter was very helpful and understanding as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you disagreed with a co worker? What was the situation, what actions did you take, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you had to deliver bad news   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Got an email asking if I was still interested in the position. Then got a phone call setting up an interview after asking basic questions. Security Clearance is required. Interview was in Forth Worth and mostly behavioral. Two people interviewed me and told me about the company and what they expect from my position.

Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied to this position online and it took a few months to hear back. There was no phone interview, just given an offer to fly out to Texas, everything was paid for so that was nice, but a bit excessive for a 1 hour interview. Really no technical questions, unless you don't have any prior experience with Agile or C++, just behavioral. The offer was okay, around 60k, but I had a much better offer from someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

mass interview at a hotel, managers at several tables, could get interview by more than one set of managers, slightly informal, the room was very loud, they offered to pay for travel, car rental, and overnight stay

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied to several jobs LMC website. About a week later emailed and invited to a hiring event for a position I did not apply to. Event consisted if Q&A and interview. A week later got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time a group project went bad and what you did about it to make it better next time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it style.

Embedded Software Engineer Asc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Manassas, VA (US)) in January 2007.

Interview

My initial communication was through a job fair at my university and also through my university's online systems used to facilitate job openings and interviews. Everything was normal at this stage. I just handed my resume to the recruiter and talked a bit and then submitted my resume online also, requesting an interview.

There was an on-campus interview with a younger employee who went to the same university. He had, in fact, graduated a few months earlier. This interview was 30 minutes. It was 1 on 1, and the questions were the standard behavioral questions. I'm sure they were just questions that this particular interviewer liked for whatever reason. I was able to ask him questions. He talked a little about what he did and where he worked. He mentioned hiring was done at a site level, not at the corporation level, so he would put my information in the system.

A couple of weeks later, I received a phone call from another recruiter who said I was selected to be interviewed by hiring managers at one of their recruiting centers. In this case, it was the one in Crystal City, VA. I was set up with plane tickets, a hotel, and an itinerary. They would fly me out on a Sunday with the interview on Monday. I would fly back home Monday night. I was emailed all of the information and also asked to input my information into the online hiring system. This was a bit tedious, but it was standard for other employers to ask this as well. I was also sent forms to fill out and bring with me to the interview.

The hotel was near the recruiting center and Lockheed arranged a shuttle to drop the interviewees off. There were a few others interviewing also.

Once we arrived, we checked in, gave the receptionist our forms, and waited. There was a short video pitch in a conference room. Then, the HR representatives explained what was going to happen. The number of interviews depended on which managers wanted to interview you. Some had just one interview, others multiple. I had two, but I was not aware I would have two until I arrived at the recruiting center. After the spiel, we waited for our names to be called.

The interview was also around 30 minutes and consisted of only a handful of behavioral questions. There were no technical questions. I don't think the managers know enough about the technologies to ask anything technical. I'd even guess some managers don't know enough about the job for which they are hiring to ask specific technical questions. The rest of the time was spent with the mangers describing what they do and where they work and even benefits and perks. There was also a few minutes for me to ask questions. One manager was almost speaking as if he was trying to convince me to work for him.

After the interview, another person discussed with us one on one the paper work we had filled out, going over anything out of the ordinary. Later, an HR representative discussed with us salary and possible start date. This was also one on one.

There was another shuttle to take us back to the hotel, but I decided to walk because it was coming later and I wanted to see the area. I arrived back at the hotel in the early afternoon and the whole process was basically over. All that was left was to gather my belongings from the hotel and get to the airport.

A day or two later, I received a phone call from an HR representative stating I had received an offer and said they would be overnighting the offer to my address on file.

I don't think preparation would necessarily help for these kinds of interviews because they are nontechnical. Judgments will vary wildly among the people interviewing you. Their decision will seemingly be based on what side of the bed they woke up on and any other voodoo to which they subscribe. I gather that "years of experience" is also a big factor in their hiring decisions depending on what they are hiring for. This is common, though; most people do confuse experience with expertise.

All in all, just practice the standard behavioral questions and make sure your resume is up to date with all relevant information regarding the job to which you are applying. It's safe to say you could wing the interview also if you wanted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were able to successfully deal with another person even when that individual may not have personally liked you (or vice versa).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but since I was still in university, I went with the standard "something competitive" answer. I mentioned another offer I had also. Overall, Lockheed does not pay at the top of the pay scale, so it is possible to negotiate yourself out of an offer. This may or may not matter to you, though.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.