MakeMyTrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 30 Jun 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Hyderabad) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 3 rounds in the recruitment drive. The HR took down my details with competing offers and said they will get to me for further process. They didn't respond in a week. At the end of second week after the interview, when I reached out to one of the recruiters, she told me that the feedback was positive so far and redirected me to another HR for the further process. The other HR has so far been unavailable. After trying to contact him thrice on phone and once on email, I reached out again to the former HR. She asked me about my competing offers and said that they can't match up so i should go ahead with the offer I have. I didn't get the point of not being clear about it from the beginning. Why stall for more than 2 weeks to tell me that they can't offer me as much? The interviewers were good though.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called for the interview the next day after I applied. There was an interview with a senior executive of the team I had to work with and then a writing test as it was a content role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about vacations in general, at first and then the types of accommodations one could avail as the job description was related to this.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall interview experience was bad. A lot of mismanagement was there. They have called lots of peoples and don't have much people to handle all of them. There was lot of delay for every single round. I waited for 2 hr just to give written test. Although I solved it correctly with better complexity and all but didn't get cleared just because I have written it by myself. If I would have just copied it from geeksforgeeks which others were doing, I would have cleared the round. Really non-professional behaviour and a total waste of time.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2017.

Interview

First they had a written test which way too much easy.. had some concepts of linux os and dbms..then they had a technical interview round which was moderate...neither too difficult nor too east

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in January 2017.

Interview

There were total 3 face to face round and one telephonic/skype round

First round was mainly focus on testing knowledge and puzzles,lasted for 45 mins
    Second round was purely based on automation testing,lasted for 50 mins
    Third round was managerial round(I was bit confident after clearing last round that i will go through this round also,but the interviewer was not confident, I think he was not ready to take this round as his behaviour was very reluctant),lasted for 2 hr 15 min,This guy was so slow in judging the candidate :) :)

After third round,the guy told me that I have cleared his round also,there will be a last round with VP or CTO and that can be telephonic or on skype,but later HR told me that you have been rejected at managerial level.

Note: Please put efficient managers in the interview panel

Interview Questions

• Scenario based testing question,Testcase for coffee vending machine and pen
      Question on Jmeter
      Question on Api Testing,different testing question
      Selenium questions like taking screenshots,Handling wnidows and frames
      Program on finding largest palindrome
      Questions on Testng annotations and ExtentR

A very popular question which I faced in each round :)
      There are some users for whom a blank page open when they access the website,How you will debug this problem   Answer Question
    • Find largest palindrome in the string   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview followed by discussion with HR at Gurgaon.
    HR had given prompt response in the whole process and concluded within week time, interview experience was overall great.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on DP, tree, sorting, trie, coin flip puzzle, Producer consumer problem.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in December 2016.

Interview

There were totally three rounds that I attended.Though the role demands more knowledge about databases ,here the interviewers only focussed on problem solving.First 2 rounds was more about problem solving and a little about hadoop hive architecture.Last round was for a pure programmer.It was only about java concepts like multithreading,singleton,caching,jconsole,hashing concept etc.The last round went ok and the interviewer wanted someone who knew the internal concepts well.

Interview Questions

• 1.To check if Linked List is palindrome(data in linked list);
      2.Check if path is present in a binary tree(adding up all nodes of any path in a tree must yield the given answer).
      Then questions were asked about MR jobs,CAP concepts,hive architecture etc.
      They also asked one small riddle problem related to probability.   Answer Question

Devops Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 guys but it was looking both were doing time pass. The first guy asked some questions and i had answered them but when 2nd guy turn came he asked me anything and not at all giving time to analyse and the 1st guy was literally laughing by hiding his mouth. I felt both were unprofessional and were showing over smartness. I request the company whenever you take any interview please please send any professional and experienced man to take interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1st guy: general devops question about tools. 2nd guy: all questions which you get on internet and coding questions too.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Hyderabad) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from consultancy and interview was confirmed in the same week. MMT team fly down to Hyderabad for interviews. There were two days to choose from Saturday or Sunday for interview. I went on Sunday to Radisson Hyderabad. I was asked for first round of face to face interview by HR after an hour I visited the place. The first round was to check basics of your algo and about you in resume. Interviewer introduced herself to me and than asked about my experience.
    Then there were 2-3 questions on Linked List, Sorting, 1 questions on merging two sorted arrays, 1 on multithreading. After the interview was over in about 40 odd minutes, I asked her about profile and the skills they are looking in a candidate. She described me the profile and skills required like problem solving and all. But then she gave me a feedback about and told me to work on DS and Algo which I was surprised to hear. I have given optimised solution and psuedo code for all the questions she asked me. This was strange and after sometime HR came to me asked my feedback about interview. I told them that It went well from my side. But he told me that interviewer thinks I have to be to the exact geeksfogeeks optimised solution because of my year of experience which is laughable argument. During interview I asked her to write down the complete code but she opted for pseudo code. I admit that I was rusty so it took time for me to write the first one but after that I was on a role. After getting the answers of few questions she even skipped me writing a psuedo code and moved to next question. After all that I can make two things out of it either MMT guys are in no mood for hiring today or they need people who cram geeksforgeeks line to line but not having problem solving skills.
    I had very good impression of MMT in the past but it changed now completely. And for MMT guys if you are not sure of my psuedo code to be correct, open geeksfoegeeks and match code on my sheet.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find middle element in a link list ?
      2. Which sorting algorithm is better for linked list and why ?
      3. Psuedo code for merge sort in link list ?
      4. Merging two sorted arrays ?
      5. Two threads : print T1 T2 T1 T2 T1 T2 ?
      There might be one more question but I do not remember that now.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

The recruiter called and gave an overview of the job description. I was required to take part in a drive that was happening in their gurgaon office. During the interviews, the process took more time than was expected (roughly 6 hours) because of the number of candidates.

The questions that were asked seemed relevant - mostly from data structures and design / architecture.

I was called again for next rounds of interviews. Again, it was DS / Design / previous work.

In total, I had 4 technical rounds and 1 HR discusstion.

Interview Questions

• Q. Design a webserver. The interviewer clearly explained what he was looking for - web concepts, thought process, depth, how you think for extremely vague problems and whether you ask the right questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried negotiating but couldn't convince them even after showing them offer letters from 2 other companies.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.