MakeMyTrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 Sep 2017

3.1

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in September 2017.

Interview

Bad as hell. I would recommend people to not go for this company. Mediocre people and bad culture. First a telephonic interview for a drive, that is ridiculous. I cleared that. Was called for onsite interview by HR. I asked her for some other slot, but no, they wanted me to be there on same Saturday(it was my birthday). Anyways I went there, had 2 rounds. After that some attendant came and yelled my name in corridor and asked me to leave. I have 5+ years of experience, and my interviews went pretty well. Yet this kind of stupid behavior? They dint have the courtesy to give proper feedback? And also I was not some local college n all that any kind of behavior I'd be tolerating. 3-4 hours later HR called and asked me to come to their office some day next week, which she would convey later, more than a week passed, nothing from her. If you want to insult people like that, shut your shop or learn manners. What the hell was that? I would rather say bunch of losers. Anyways MMT is not a giant company, and such kind of behavior from a medium company is not expected.

Interview Questions

• Basic ds-algo questions.
      1. Find max continuos sum array - both positive and negative numbers,
      2. Min window a string would contain all characters
      3. Android related- how would you design search view, custom view, service related   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Noida) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was easy. They only look out for communication skills. A few people in HR are very friendly. You need to show your skills to get shortlisted for various processes.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuffs about customer care   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Hyderabad) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 3 rounds in the recruitment drive. The HR took down my details with competing offers and said they will get to me for further process. They didn't respond in a week. At the end of second week after the interview, when I reached out to one of the recruiters, she told me that the feedback was positive so far and redirected me to another HR for the further process. The other HR has so far been unavailable. After trying to contact him thrice on phone and once on email, I reached out again to the former HR. She asked me about my competing offers and said that they can't match up so i should go ahead with the offer I have. I didn't get the point of not being clear about it from the beginning. Why stall for more than 2 weeks to tell me that they can't offer me as much? The interviewers were good though.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called for the interview the next day after I applied. There was an interview with a senior executive of the team I had to work with and then a writing test as it was a content role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about vacations in general, at first and then the types of accommodations one could avail as the job description was related to this.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall interview experience was bad. A lot of mismanagement was there. They have called lots of peoples and don't have much people to handle all of them. There was lot of delay for every single round. I waited for 2 hr just to give written test. Although I solved it correctly with better complexity and all but didn't get cleared just because I have written it by myself. If I would have just copied it from geeksforgeeks which others were doing, I would have cleared the round. Really non-professional behaviour and a total waste of time.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2017.

Interview

First they had a written test which way too much easy.. had some concepts of linux os and dbms..then they had a technical interview round which was moderate...neither too difficult nor too east

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in January 2017.

Interview

There were total 3 face to face round and one telephonic/skype round

First round was mainly focus on testing knowledge and puzzles,lasted for 45 mins
    Second round was purely based on automation testing,lasted for 50 mins
    Third round was managerial round(I was bit confident after clearing last round that i will go through this round also,but the interviewer was not confident, I think he was not ready to take this round as his behaviour was very reluctant),lasted for 2 hr 15 min,This guy was so slow in judging the candidate :) :)

After third round,the guy told me that I have cleared his round also,there will be a last round with VP or CTO and that can be telephonic or on skype,but later HR told me that you have been rejected at managerial level.

Note: Please put efficient managers in the interview panel

Interview Questions

• Scenario based testing question,Testcase for coffee vending machine and pen
      Question on Jmeter
      Question on Api Testing,different testing question
      Selenium questions like taking screenshots,Handling wnidows and frames
      Program on finding largest palindrome
      Questions on Testng annotations and ExtentR

A very popular question which I faced in each round :)
      There are some users for whom a blank page open when they access the website,How you will debug this problem   Answer Question
    • Find largest palindrome in the string   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview followed by discussion with HR at Gurgaon.
    HR had given prompt response in the whole process and concluded within week time, interview experience was overall great.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on DP, tree, sorting, trie, coin flip puzzle, Producer consumer problem.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in December 2016.

Interview

There were totally three rounds that I attended.Though the role demands more knowledge about databases ,here the interviewers only focussed on problem solving.First 2 rounds was more about problem solving and a little about hadoop hive architecture.Last round was for a pure programmer.It was only about java concepts like multithreading,singleton,caching,jconsole,hashing concept etc.The last round went ok and the interviewer wanted someone who knew the internal concepts well.

Interview Questions

• 1.To check if Linked List is palindrome(data in linked list);
      2.Check if path is present in a binary tree(adding up all nodes of any path in a tree must yield the given answer).
      Then questions were asked about MR jobs,CAP concepts,hive architecture etc.
      They also asked one small riddle problem related to probability.   Answer Question

Devops Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 guys but it was looking both were doing time pass. The first guy asked some questions and i had answered them but when 2nd guy turn came he asked me anything and not at all giving time to analyse and the 1st guy was literally laughing by hiding his mouth. I felt both were unprofessional and were showing over smartness. I request the company whenever you take any interview please please send any professional and experienced man to take interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1st guy: general devops question about tools. 2nd guy: all questions which you get on internet and coding questions too.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.