MakeMyTrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Apr 2018

3.1

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Chennai) in April 2018.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews(pretty redundant rounds). The interview's analytical & Data structure skills are below average. They do not have deep knowledge on what they do. I was determined not to join the company from the first round of interview. Way easy question.

Business Manager -International Hotels Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in April 2018.

Interview

Got a call from a HR consulting agency...

1st Round...HR.. had a preset conception for me that i have bad communication skills.... Also she was adment in proving that...when i told her that. I have already worked in the same department for 2 years and also told her that she is demorlasing me.

She put me through the 2 nd round ....the Hiring Manager was instructed by HR... to ask few questions for formality and reject .

The behaviour of the HR was pre conceptulised as she was not happy to see me there ..as they do not want to hire people who have already worked with Ibibo in past but fortunately i got chance for the interview via Consultant

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru).

Interview

The interview process is very streamlined, The interviewers are nice and friendly.
    There are three rounds of technical discussion where they try to gauge you on your technical abilities.
    Most of the questions would be related to PS, DS and algo for the first round and Second round.
    Few questions on the Java, Threading and based on Past experience.
    Few discussion on the Design of problem, Databases, NoSql and Sql both.
    Finally hiring manager round, Which would also include a design problem discussion.

One thing is that the outlook of the company was positive as per the tech people,
    The HR was way bad, Very bad.
    The communication is bad and is nowhere to help and streamline the Candidate experience. Its more of like, after all the tech rounds, They go for shopping candidates and the HR would stop responding after collecting the documents.
    I was not replied after a month of the process and collecting the documents.
    I had thought of joining the company but have decided to not join as it seems very difficult with such HR operations.

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a pretty bad experience, which was unexpected from MMT. In the interview call letter, the following note was mentioned in bold:
    Note**: You have been hand-picked for the interview process of our technology development team. This is not a walk-in and there will be no written rounds of interview.

On reaching the place, realised its a walk in drive. around 200-250 people were present. In fact, people even walked down directly to their office with their resumes. They gave a sheet of paper with 4 programming questions, out of which we were supposed to solve any two. Again, this was not what the mail said. Anyway, we were given 45 mins to solve the questions. Following were the questions:
    1) Knapsack problem
    2) Longest Palindromic substring
    3) Diameter of a tree

We were told that, its not a fail pass criteria, main aim to test problem solving skills with the above questions.

I picked question 2 and 3, completed and submitted in 45 mins. After that I was made to wait for 1 and a half hour for my first round to happen !!!!!!!! Every time I went to the HR, he said, there are lot of people already waiting, you need to either wait or you can leave. The attitude was sort of "Dude! you need this job, we don't need you. We have thousand others!" Never mind!

Finally, I was called for my first round. The interviwer asked me which problems I had chosen to solve. On hearing LPS and Diameter problem, she was like okay lets have a look at diameter problem first. We discussed around my solution. Then she asked me to optimise it. I could not give her a working code, but had almost reached the solution. I gave her the approach: using only one traversal to include height calculation and diameter. But she did not look happy, she just wanted the perfectly running optimised code. In my mind, I was like, ok fine you can expect this. Next, she wanted to move to a 3rd question of her wish without discussing the LPS problem. When I told her there is another problem that I have solved, she did not want to see it. I could clearly see from her face that she did not know that problem and was trying to avoid it.
    She then gave me another problem. To sort an array consisting of 0s, 1s and 2s without using any sorting algorithm. I went on and did that problem. There was one small case which I had initially missed but did it myself in a matter of mins. But she did not seem happy, because obviously that was not the code that she might have mugged up before the interview. Never mind, by now I knew form her expression that I am not selected for further rounds. Still, I just asked her about my feedback. Wait for her response:
    "I am sorry I wont be able to send you to the next round. I was expected a perfectly running optimised code. Also, we did not get much time to discuss the LPS problem that you did!!!"
    Oh wow! we did not get time to discuss that problem or you did not want to discuss it.

The expectation is PERFECTLY RUNNING OPTIMISED CODE ON PAPER, but the interviewers cannot even manage to be prepared with just 4 problems that they have asked the candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1) Knapsack problem
      2) Longest Palindromic substring
      3) Diameter of a tree
      4) Max Cost in a 2D matrix with only right and down movement allowed at every cell.   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in February 2018.

Interview

The telephonic interview was scheduled on 26 th February. The experience was really negative and that's why I am writing this review. MMT should choose the right person as interviewer as the interviewer represent the image of the company. The interviewer is full of attitude and the first question asked was whether you know scala. The moment I said 'No' the attitude was changed and it seems like he lost the interest for the interview. I will request the HR if the scala was mandatory then reject the profile in screening itself. The interviewer asked me to explain one of the project and it seems that he just asked it for namesake. Let me give you some example -
    1. There is an use case where we are using MemSQL and the QPS could be in between 3-5K easily.The interviewer directly delivered the judgement saying it can achieved using Redshift.I tried to explain but he is reluctant to listen.Dude go and brush up the knowledge of redshift and memsql before being judgemental.
    2. In another scenario I was just explaining the architecture of MemSQL with Spark connector..the interviewer stopped me and told that we can do the spark integration with redshift.Did you listen at all what I was trying to explain?If you want to counter me counter with your questions rather than showing your attitude.
    I don't want to add any more example.
    I would advise MMT to choose the interviewers who are more mature and humble.Interview is not a process to show your attitude.End of the day it's not about getting selected or not but it's an experience.
    If you want to really hire great people then give them the difficult problem to crack ,ask them to find an easy solution for complicated problem,focus on the basic computer science knowledge like algorithm and data structure.

The recruitment team is really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• There is no difficult question.Only interviewer's attitude.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru).

Interview

Worst management ever, they called around 30 candidates and didn't even have the panel for 15. I was called at 10:30 AM and they somehow misplaced my resume, first round started at 5 PM(Most of the candidates made to wait till 3:30 PM). The interviewer was fine but later rejected me so that he can go home.

Interview Questions

• Top view, Left view, Right view and boundary traversal of Binary Tree.
      How will you validate if a given string is valid JSON or not?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in December 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled at morning 10. The same day one of my colleague's interview was also scheduled at 11. The interviewer panel was in a hurry to reject me and send me out of office. Felt very sad.

Interview Questions

• Question was related to dynamic programming. But I was bit confused and I was trying some other approaches to solve and time was limited too.   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip.

Interview

They are total three rounds, i could make up to only two rounds
    First round , second round. both interviewer were asking questions after checking it from any interview site, they weren't concern with approach , rather looking for same answer as given on the website. Their linguistic skills were also not up to the mark.Second interviewer was hell bent on space complexity ,as may that was the answer that he was looking on his laptop.

Interview Questions

• First round - min element in rotated array, expected time complexity O(logn)   1 Answer
    • First round - give linked list like 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 convert it into 2-1-4-3-6-5-7 O(n)   1 Answer
    • Second round : check a array with pair for given sum   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (New Delhi) in November 2017.

Interview

There were four rounds of interview:

HR Round-Regarding current job role and compensation
    Line Manager regarding knowledge about MMT and current role
    Associate Director:job role and work related questions
    Chief Business Officer: technical questions

Android Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip in October 2017.

Interview

1st round was written .this round was not an elimination round. Next 2 rounds will have discussion on the written. Written had 2 android based questions and 1 problem solving array based question

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.