MakeMyTrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

MakeMyTrip Interview Questions

Updated 6 Oct 2018

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

HR got my profile from instahyre and called me . Scheduled interview on weekend after shortlisting. Had just one round of interview. Interviewer was inexperienced. Bad communication. It seems he was obsessed with English even though he couldn't speak in English. He was not able to express the problem. And no hint. He don't notice thought process and problem solving but just few words he knew. He keeps saying stack word for everything which looks techy.

Interview Questions

• interviewer took 15 mins to express his question. actually I had to find all possible questions he was trying to ask using the combination of his used words and i had to choose best apropriate question based on my profile. finally question was about to design a common error tracing system for a set of interdependent microservices   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruitment team called and spoke very professionally. They answered all the questions I put across to them and for the questions they didn't have clear line of sight, they called back with the answers. They also shared a detailed JD and the Interview process and stake holders who would be interviewing me with brief on each Interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in March 2013.

Interview

online assessment process -> 3 technical interview -> HR round -> Aptitude test -> Offer. overall process was smooth... though there was alot of waiting. bt HR were cooperative. the ambience of the place was great...wanted to join it ASAP. the question were difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in your life. they were trying to stress me   Answer Question

Negotiation

smooth...i dnt had much expectation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in May 2014.

Interview

I got a call from makemytrip and then took their online test. after 5 days i got a call that i have cleared that test and i am to attend the F2F round after 20 days. THe F2F interviewer was speaking in hindi and had no experience of interviewing. He was using his cellphone to find interview questions and was not able to get me.

Interview Questions

• Illogical data structure questions i.e implementation of a list   Answer Question
    • Can we block a .js file from being downloading in a jsp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Pune) in November 2014.

Interview

First two online tests, one being objective on programming concepts and next being a coding challenge. Further Shortlisted candidates were invited for an Interview Drive at Pune.

Experience- Highly unprofessional. At first they never mention in mail what all documents to bring along while attending. Next they charged 40 rs for 4 page resume print, since it was done by the Hotel where they were conducting this drive today i.e 2nd Nov 2014. ( I mean i never even imagined such thing at any interview process for any company). Next they gave us "WAITER SLIPS" literally to write down 4 problems and then solve them. Those waiter slips were hardly equal to a Samsung Smartphone, also they told us questions verbally without mentioning detail. Reason being they had very few print outs of questions and since hotel was charging them and candidates for ANY print out, they preferred to speak verbally. ( WOW, imagine if you are asked to write a code to create hashSet, without mentioning any detail or conditions).

Totally frustrated and disappointed i came out of the interview process, because if they can not treat future possible employees well ont the day of interview itself, then can't hope anything worth after getting employed. MMT has a great name, i am a loyal CUSTOMER of it, have travelled so many places using it's packages including my honeymoon trip, But here while recruiting it was highly unprofessional. I just want that Guys be aware before choosing MMT as your employer.
    HR name was Gaurav something.

Interview Questions

• To write down problems and their solutions on "waiter slips" at Hotel premised( Interview process venue).
      To charge 40 rs for print outs of resume. ( or 10 rs per page)   Answer Question

There must be an option of telling "Declined interview process in between"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in May 2015.

Interview

Wengerwatsan scheduled interview process. Got call letters from them only. It took 1 complete day. All rounds were same technical rounds.each round was >=1 hour. They ask to write a lot of programs and check approach and time complexity rather then answer.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 : Technical Writter :
      1. Write a java program to print numbers from 1 to 10 using 2 threads. Thread 1 should print odd and thread 2 should print Even numbers.

2. Write a program to find duplicate elements in an array In O(n) time using O(1) extra step.

3. A Company is having a number is cyber cafe. Many customer visit cyber cafe and number if computers are limited. If customer don't find available computer then he leave. You have given a function with 2 arguments : 1 number of computers, 1 : a string with pairs. 1st occurrence of alphabet indicate start of customer and second occurrence indicate end. Only 1 person can use a computer at a time. Return count of customers who left cafe without using computer so that company can improve process.
      example :
      process(1, ABAB) : should return 1 as only 1 computer is there that is occupied by A when B comes.
      process(2,ABACBCDD) : should return 0 as all customer A,B,C, D are able to use Cafe.
      process(3, ABCDCDEFEFA) : should return 2 as D and F could use computer.

Round 2 : Technical
      1. Internal working of hashmap.
      2. How String work in string pool.
      3. Difference between String str = "abc" and String str = new String("abc")
      4. Some outputs.
      5. Complexity for some codes. He wrote code and asked Complexity.
      6. You are concern about insert order of element in Map. Which Map you will use? I told LinkedHashMap. then He asked why and why we use thi. Why we don't use HashMap? I explained internal working.
      7. why String is immutable? What the need. What do you think, why we need?
      8. What is synchronization. Why we use? what to do if i dont want synchronization for some variables.

Round 3 : Technical
      1. Write a program to reverse a linked list.
      2. Write a program to print mirror image of a tree. I printed partial and swaped left subtree and right subtree. He then asked to print full mirror image. rightmost node of right subtree should be leftmost node of left subtree and so on.
      3. Some Question on Spring Core, Spring Security. Spring MVC. Dependency Injection, Scope of Singleton Object.
      4. Is Spring Singleton object is same as Singleton we create in java.
      5. What are the way to create Singleton. I told eager and lazy. He asked to write Code for Thread Safe Singleton. I wrote Lazy Singleton. We then discussed Synchronization on this.
      6. Internal of Hashmap and Complexity.
      7. What change we should do in custom class if we want to use custom object as key. Hashcode and equals.
      8. What is contract between hashcode and equals.

Round 4 : MR : Technical :(
      1. He asked about 1 of my project.
      2. There are some site tiniurl. If you paste any url on their site they will compress it and give you a short link which you can send in emails or post on twitter or facebook. If use click on that url then it redirect you to original site url. How you will implement in your project. We discussion a lot of approach.
      3. Given a String oriStr aaaaabcbcdefdefdefghgh and a compressed string cstr a4bc3def3gh2 for prev string. Given a function with 2 arguments cstr and index. print char at this index from oriStr.

I told if you have compression algo then you might have decompression algo that should be using reverse engineering. He told ok but I dont want to decompress as i might have billons of alphabets in string. Then I observed cstr and gave solution. He asked to code and it took a lot of time. He gave hint and I was able to write program.

It was final round and He asked to wait outside. Later HR came and asked to leave for the day. ! HR told then we wil contact after 2 day. But I could read his face well. Got rejected here. May be l did program but took more time then expected.

Hope it will help you.   Answer Question

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a pretty bad experience, which was unexpected from MMT. In the interview call letter, the following note was mentioned in bold:
    Note**: You have been hand-picked for the interview process of our technology development team. This is not a walk-in and there will be no written rounds of interview.

On reaching the place, realised its a walk in drive. around 200-250 people were present. In fact, people even walked down directly to their office with their resumes. They gave a sheet of paper with 4 programming questions, out of which we were supposed to solve any two. Again, this was not what the mail said. Anyway, we were given 45 mins to solve the questions. Following were the questions:
    1) Knapsack problem
    2) Longest Palindromic substring
    3) Diameter of a tree

We were told that, its not a fail pass criteria, main aim to test problem solving skills with the above questions.

I picked question 2 and 3, completed and submitted in 45 mins. After that I was made to wait for 1 and a half hour for my first round to happen !!!!!!!! Every time I went to the HR, he said, there are lot of people already waiting, you need to either wait or you can leave. The attitude was sort of "Dude! you need this job, we don't need you. We have thousand others!" Never mind!

Finally, I was called for my first round. The interviwer asked me which problems I had chosen to solve. On hearing LPS and Diameter problem, she was like okay lets have a look at diameter problem first. We discussed around my solution. Then she asked me to optimise it. I could not give her a working code, but had almost reached the solution. I gave her the approach: using only one traversal to include height calculation and diameter. But she did not look happy, she just wanted the perfectly running optimised code. In my mind, I was like, ok fine you can expect this. Next, she wanted to move to a 3rd question of her wish without discussing the LPS problem. When I told her there is another problem that I have solved, she did not want to see it. I could clearly see from her face that she did not know that problem and was trying to avoid it.
    She then gave me another problem. To sort an array consisting of 0s, 1s and 2s without using any sorting algorithm. I went on and did that problem. There was one small case which I had initially missed but did it myself in a matter of mins. But she did not seem happy, because obviously that was not the code that she might have mugged up before the interview. Never mind, by now I knew form her expression that I am not selected for further rounds. Still, I just asked her about my feedback. Wait for her response:
    "I am sorry I wont be able to send you to the next round. I was expected a perfectly running optimised code. Also, we did not get much time to discuss the LPS problem that you did!!!"
    Oh wow! we did not get time to discuss that problem or you did not want to discuss it.

The expectation is PERFECTLY RUNNING OPTIMISED CODE ON PAPER, but the interviewers cannot even manage to be prepared with just 4 problems that they have asked the candidates.

Interview Questions

• 1) Knapsack problem
      2) Longest Palindromic substring
      3) Diameter of a tree
      4) Max Cost in a 2D matrix with only right and down movement allowed at every cell.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round was an online test consisting of questions on c & c++ and aptitude.There were 5 coding questions and it had very little time. Next round was coding round in which 3 ques were to be coded. It was an online test . Afte this interviews taken. Simple coding questions were asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

wriiten round ,then tech then hr...mostly puzzzles are asked and they focus on puzzles a lost,,,must have good coding skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (New Delhi) in August 2015.

Interview

first there was an online aptitude round with 3 coding questions.coding was not given that much weightage.if you did 1 out 3 ,u can get shortlisted.then there were 2 tech rounds followed by a hr round.50 people were shortlisted after first round,then after 2 16 were shortlisted.finally 6 were selected. it was a 2 day process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.