MakeMyTrip Interview Questions

Updated 8 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 254 of over 254 interviews

Recruiter22%
Recruitment Agency20%
HardAverageEasy

MakeMyTrip

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip in Jun 2021

Interview

Worst Interview ever. Who asks what is Promise.All or write a code for Promise.All() as the very first questions of the interview? The interview started, this was a level 1 round, he only asked me to brief myself. When I was done, he asked me to share my screen and write a code for Promise.All() and I wasn't very sure what he was asking. I told him I'm not sure about it, he switched to the next question. Question #2 Rotate the array [[1,2,3], [4,5,6], [7,8,9]] ===>. [[7,4,1], [8,5,2], [9,6,3]] Question #3 Infinite function currying code. That's it. In the whole interview he had only asked these 3 questions, he didn't even ask anything about Javascript, the role was for React, he didn't ask a single thing about React. I felt the interview only and only wanted to see the output/result of the code. This is not how an interview works, you should always try to understand the interviewee first, ask what he knows, check the basics, what is this way of copy-pasting question from somewhere on zoom chat, and asking to write the solution. In this 1hr interview, we hardly spoke for 2-3mins, he gave the questions and was just expecting to write the code. I doubt if I had asked him to write the same code he would have failed miserably. Googling 'Some hard javascript question to ask in an interview' is not the way to take an interview sire. I feel if I had known the solutions for these without even knowing the basics of JS I would have cleared the interview, which is totally wrong. I wish you good luck to not get the same interviewer that I got. He won't care where you work, your past experience, what is your current tech stack, what technology will you be hired for, or what you know. He only cares to see the OUTPUT.

Interview Questions
  • Please see the description above, I have mentioned the questions that were asked.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana)

Interview

I applied through employee referral program. The HR team was quick in response and very accommodating. The interview was scheduled after 3 days. The role was for an experienced profile. In an 1 hour interview, for around 40-45 mins it was straight theory questions which I was not expecting in an interview for experienced role. Theory was then followed by a coding question and a puzzle. There were only 1-2 questions related to testing otherwise just java. So just get your theory and definitions on point. Overall the interview experience was good , interviewer was supportive but just adding a little constructive feedback for the process, please focus on logic more as anyone can cram definitions and implementation is easy to learn and correct but logic and approach is not something you can teach or google when you work on real projects.

Interview Questions
  • Basic theory questions like what is object, polymorphism, constructor, access modifiers, etc. basically questions from all topics from javapoint or other similar sites.
  • Program to check if characters of a string can be rearranged to create palindrome.
  • 3 ants on 3 ends of a triangle , probability of colliding.
  • What all validations you do while testing an API.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore) in May 2021

Interview

First-round was harsh. My preparation was also not perfect and the interviewer kept firing questions at me rapidly. Questions covered almost everything you can possibly think of on a high level for Android. He also grilled me on Kotlin programming language. He gave off a very strict and unhelpful vibe. This round was for roughly 1 hr. The second round was better. The interviewer was helpful. I was questioned thoroughly on RxJava. Then very simple DSA question and rapid-fire android related questions. But it went on for over 1 hr 45 mins. Exhausting. The third was a very quick round with VP. Asked a couple of behavioral questions, 2-3 Java/Kotlin question. It was over in less than 20 minutes. Got an offer but they could not match my expectations (could barely offer me the same as my current CTC). They should not have gone ahead with the process if they could not offer satisfactory compensation, given they were aware of my expectations.

Interview Questions
  • - Reverse a sentence. "I am a software developer" -> "developer software a am I" - Implement Observer and Observable class (something like RxJava) - How can fragment and activity communicate with each other (apart from viewmodel)? - Do java thread share memory? - How can you reduce APK size?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (New Delhi) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interviewer was very arrogant. I joined virtual interview on time and waited for 15 min. No body joined then I sent mail to HR and after 30 min I got call to join interview immediately. I joined. Interviewer said he is not having much time and ask me to write a program in 15 min. I worte the program and he checked and said your program is correct but covering only 85 % of the use cases. He again said, I am giving you 30 sec fix this. I tried but could not. He said it was not difficult and I could do it in a min.

Interview Questions
  • write a program to find minimum sub string in a given string which contains all the characters of other string.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana) in Apr 2021

Interview

I was interviewed at MMT in April 2021. There were a total of 4 rounds: 3 Technical and 1 HR round. All technical rounds were very interactive. Interviewer wanted to know my deep knowledge in every round. If you are preparing for MMT for Backend Developer be focused on MultiThreading and Data Structures and Algo.

Interview Questions
  • Round 1 (Technical Round): Design Pattern, MultiThreading, DS and algo. Round 2 (Technical Round): Database design for One to One chat box. Round 3 (Technical Round): Print the second order spiral Traversal of a Tree. Round 4 (HR): Compensation Discussion

MakeMyTrip

Application

I interviewed at MakeMyTrip

Interview

Elitmus then coding test which contained 15 mcqs and 2 coding ques. then interview they asked me about the projects and gave me a code to perform then just some random ques adt the thing that i wrote in my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MakeMyTrip

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip

Interview

Interview consists of 4 rounds. 1) First round is done to check your basic frontend knowledge. Questions on basics of JS, HTML, Browser, DOM are asked. 2) Second round is based on the development skills. Questions related to development in vanilla JS and HTML, Framework based questions like on React, Angular etc. 3)

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (New Delhi) in Mar 2021

Interview

Make My Trip HRs are so confused and rude, they don't even know how to talk to a candidate. They blindly copy paste mail to shortlist candidates. Atleast see resume title before calling any candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana) in Mar 2021

Interview

Got a call from the consultant to arrange the interview. 30 mins before the interview, they called and said it wasn't possible because the interviewer was busy and scheduled it for the next day. Same thing happened the next day. And again the next day too. Apparently they think only interviewers' time is important and the person giving the interview has nothing important to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore) in Mar 2021

Interview

There were 3 rounds - out of which 2 were technical, related to selenium, java, API testing. The questions were based on array, string etc related programming questions. In addition to that some real time scenarios based on GUI automation. Questions related to current project etc In the 3rd round after clearing the technical rounds, in the VP/Director round they realized that they also need mobile testing, performance and virtualization related experience which they forgot to notice before scheduling the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • find uncommon elements between 2 arrays.
  • sorting based question - customized. pass an array and a number to a method, and all occurance of that number should be appended to the array
  • reading rows in a dynamic table - approach and code in selenium
Viewing 1 - 10 of 254 Interviews