Cover image for MakeMyTrip

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MakeMyTrip Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 311 of over 311 interviews

Recruiter20%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Gurgaon, Haryana) in Jan 2023

Interview

Consultant call -> HR call -> round 1 -> round 2 -> Round 3 -> HR round -> hired. The process was smooth and the HRs were supportive. They have well defined bands.

Interview Questions
  • How would you improve the MMT flights booking experience
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Hyderābād) in Jan 2023

Interview

Process consisted of 3 rounds; 2 online interviews, 1 on-site interview at office. Each of the first 2 rounds consisted of 1 coding question and 1 system design question. Final round consisted of a system design question with more detailed into Software Frameworks, Databases, Message Brokers etc.

Interview Questions
  • Parking lot system high level design, Randomize the given array
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MakeMyTrip

Join the conversation on

Tech India

185.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=MakeMyTrip~354629
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about MakeMyTrip? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with MakeMyTrip employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

MakeMyTrip

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip

Interview

3 Rounds (IIT On Campus Hiring Process) 1st Round(40mins) - Mostly Guesstimates / Business Sense Check / New Product Building to increase market coverage 2nd Round(40 mins) - Product Case 3rd Round(30 mins) - Basic Product + behavioural questions All the interviewers were helpful and trying to establish a healthy conversation throughout the interaction period. Thinking out loud helped a lot to increase the engagement from both ends.

Interview Questions
  • Round 1: How many units of microwave are currently being used in India? What will the growth in microwave sales next year in India?
  • Round 2: You are a PM at MakeMyTrip who has been assigned to launch a train booking facility. What will be your approach? What will you do to ensure maximum footfall on your platform? How many people do you except to visit, try and book on the first day/week of the launch?
  • Round 3: What else feature would you want to introduce on your train booking platform to increase revenue for MMT? Some behavioural questions like: Have you failed in your life?

MakeMyTrip

Application

I interviewed at MakeMyTrip

Interview

I got a call from consultant who helped me schedule the interviews. The scheduling took more than a week and the interview process went for a week only, i had three 3 rounds of discussion, first 2 which were based on DSA and last was techno managerial. At last hr discussion about compensation and joining dates.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Given a 2d matrix of rotten(2), fresh(1) and empty(0) oranges, Find the minimum number of iterations in which all the oranges will rotten, in one iteration rotten orange will rotten all the adjacent 8 fresh oranges. If all the oranges cannot be rottened then return -1.
  • 1. Given a linked list, find the length/k the node in one iteration. 2. Given an array of characters and their priority and a number n(n<=length of character array) 2.1. Find the character whose length is n and characters are in order of their probability, character which has equal priority has equal probability of coming first. 2.2 This time characters are associated with weights, which means characters with same priority has unequal probability of coming first according to their weights.
  • 1. What is singleton pattern, write the code for the same. 2. Write the code for LFU cache.
1 person found this interview helpful

MakeMyTrip

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip

Interview

First round consists of 2 coding questions and MCQs. MCQs was generally based on core subjects like Database management systems, computer networks, Object Oriented Programming, operating system, digital electronics, linux, etc. After shortlisting, Second Round was about projects and DSA questions

Interview Questions
  • Question 1: Question related 2 pointer and heap both combined Question 2: Graph related question.

MakeMyTrip

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip in Oct 2022

Interview

round-1 online test round-2 technical interview round-3 technical interview + core topic round 3: asked question Osi Model (explain with real life example) how browser in my pc works. ACID properties(explain with real life example) How os does scheduling(RR,FCF etc)

Interview Questions
  • Medium level DSA question Q1-: Given an array, all numbers occur twice except one. Find the number which occurs once. Q2:-Given a matrix sorted row-wise and column-wise, find the number of negative integers. Q3:- Print all possible expressions that evaluate to a target 'T'

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochin

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Cochin) in Oct 2022

Interview

Round 1- Aptitude Round 2- Robotic Interview (10 questions were asked which popped up automatically on the screen and had to answer it within the time limit) Round 3- PI

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why we should hire you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore) in Sept 2022

Interview

Multiple rounds were there from LLD, HLD to product understanding, people management etc. One of the round was taken by senior VP. He was too busy in his phone talking to someone instead of taking the interview properly or being attentive while the candidate answers. Very poor experience and shows the company culture.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (Bangalore) in Sept 2022

Interview

The process was very smooth for me. I applied through referral process by asking someone from LinkedIn. The first round: It was on basic web concepts, Performance optimization, Error handling, complex react architectures and Code Pair by sharing screen. The Second Round: It was mostly code pair round with multiple instances and cases of a tricky problem, it was a healthy code pair round with healthy discussion. Problems were of standard level. The Third Round: It was with Director of one of the vertical. It was a System Design Round both HLD and LLD and we discussed mostly on optimization. He was very happy with my diverse knowledge but also suggested to work on the depth and know the background of everything in details. Final Verdict: Offered and Accepted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MakeMyTrip (New Delhi) in Aug 2022

Interview

It was 3 round interview process with an HR , a technical and a final interview with their business leaders. The HR interview was easy just a quick revision of your CV and about yourself. Technical round included situation basis question. The last round of interview had skill analysis.

Interview Questions
  • If I were to ask your friends about one limitation in you what would they say? How can you use your skills to be an asset to the firm? Sell me this bottle?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 311 Interviews

MakeMyTrip Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at MakeMyTrip as 48.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.07 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Developer and Senior Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at MakeMyTrip takes an average of 8 days when considering 327 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 6 days).

Common stages of the interview process at MakeMyTrip according to 327 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 34.57%