Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Medtronic

1,039 Interview Reviews

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was standard. Phone interview with hiring manager then meet the team on site.

Felt more like an exercise that the team was running out of ideas and were looking for solutions to their design problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the design of the part (shows me the part) to make it more user friendly?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve the mold design to improve manufacturing efficiency?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Had 2 Zoom call interviews for a final interview. Didn't even have the curiosity to tell me I was rejected, just ghosted me. Extremely unprofessional. People take the time to interview and you don't even have the humility to contact candidates again after MULTIPLE FINAL interviews.

Associate Medical Writer Interview

Interview

Pretty rigorous but painless. Got to speak with a senior medical writer and then the manager. Unfortunately was informed of next steps but then never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in this job if I had spent a decade in academia? Why not an industry job instead?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Reno, NV (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Was called over Zoom, asked me some pre-prepared interview questions, and then asked me if I had any questions for him, went back and forth like that for about 25 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why you applied for this position at Medtronic.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to complete a task on time/   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic in September 2020.

Interview

30 mins interview with very deep and detailed questions about your work experience regarding the role. Two managers on the phone: one you would work with and another one you would report to

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you have done this project ; what tool you use   1 Answer

Computer Science Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The hiring process was slightly tedious. First, they did a phone interview to get details on if I was still interested, what interests I have, and previous experience. Then I had an on-campus interview with the main recruiter, followed by another phone interview with the team lead.

Interview Questions

• What is the design process you would go through in building and testing a vending machine?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to schedule a phone interview shortly after applying. Phone interview led to an in person interview. Very friendly interviewers, and smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Where to find information required for instrument qualification protocol   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

A recruiter submitted me to Medtronic. Interviewed directly with the hiring manager by phone. They got back to me within a week and made an offer. There was a delay in starting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in August 2020.

Interview

Applied through the MDT job posting site. I received an email from HR recruiter/scheduling assistant asking for dates and times when I would be able to talk to the manager. I was then asked to participate in a five round, five hour interview process spread out over two separate days where the interviewers asked only behavioral interview questions, and I was instructed to respond only using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex problem you have been asked to solv?   1 Answer
    • What if any alternatives did you consider?   Answer Question
    • Work groups can lose site of patient needs. Describe a time when a work group you were a part of lost site of customer needs.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you weighed the pros and cons and decided not to take action even though you were under pressure to do so.   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of time when your ability to discuss my understanding preferably outside of tech writing that helped you develop a long term relationship with a colleague?   Answer Question
    • People with ideas that differ from the majority often don’t have an equal voice. Can you tell me about a time when you ensured divergent ideas were heard?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me what part of your job brings you the most pleasure?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked with or interacted with mechanical and electrical engineers before?   Answer Question

Otolaryngology Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

It has many different steps with different people within the company.There was a difficult attitude and personality exam. Apparently I did a decent job but I was unsure of the outcome at first.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you were a team player.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.