Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Interview Questions

Interviews at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India

Data Analytics and Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was referred by a friend, at the first i was asked formal question and was briefed about the job profile on telephone.. After formal interview i was asked for a skype interview where i performed well, few days later i was asked for f2f interview at banglore location.

At banglore

1. TECHNICAL ROUND:

I was asked about the previous projects related to data analytics and was asked questions on the explanation.

2.Technical round 2:

I was asked some coding questions followed by some logical questions.After this round they asked me to wait and then told me to wait for HOD round

3Hod round

Again I was asked the basic analytical things, algorithm and discussion on my previous projects and some behavioral questions.

After a good review i was told that i will be sent for HR round

4 HR round.

Nothing special, I was asked about family background and expectations.

Within 3 weeks i got the offer letter and was asked for all the formalities to be done.
    Hr takes time for sending out the offers and other forms.

ServiceNow Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

A tiresome interview process spanned for 2 days. 4 rounds of interview in total. Two rounds of good technical interview. One round of behavioral and one round with senior HR. After so many round of interview, you are told that HR will contact you but it seems like they just vanished from the earth. No response at all after 4 rounds of interview. It is disappointing to waste so much of time of the candidate and the interviewers as well.

Powertrain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India in October 2019.

Interview

College recruitment event. One phone interview and one in-person interview. A mix or personal and technical questions. Very welcoming and friendly. Great experience overall. All questions I asked were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal engnineering experience and why do you feel you are a good fit.   Answer Question

Post Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Though and great experience they treat very well. They provide food to the interviewed. Totally professional approach.
    They know their stuff very well so if you don't know don't fool around.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The HR called and told my profile was shortlisted and I would need to attend F2F interview rounds. Upon going there I came to know that it was a part of Diversity Hiring where there were almost 300 people present.

The first round was technical round which went on till 40 minutes. The second round was another technical round went on till 45minutes and the third round was general discussions with team leads which went on till 20min. All these went well and the HR told I would need to submit documents and she would arrange for managerial interview with senior manager.

After submitting the document, the mail to HR was rebouncing saying the address did not exist. Luckily I had my friend working there and came to know that The HR herself had been removed from that recruitment process and some other HR would be handling it with no notification whatsoever about who would be doing it and to whom I should forward. But we can't to know about the new HR.

That guy took a week to contact back and then he finally set up an interview with manager. That interview went on till 40 min and it really went well. The HR told he would let me know of HR interview round the next day. But no news. So I called him and he told that manager mentioned that I was good but his requirements were different and I would be redirected to other team and he would need permission from the other team manager to conduct interview and he would need a week's time. After a week he told that the manager was in a workshop for few days and after Another week the reason he gave me was manager suddenly went to Germany and there was no means of contacting him. And he needed permission because of some salary mismatch with my experience which was not convincing.

It was really frustrating! Had put lots of effort to go from Electronic City to Whitefield as early as possible in the morning and also had hoped a lot to enter into one of the best automobile company #Mercedes as I had performed very well.

Interview Questions

• Java abstract class and interface difference   Answer Question
    • why do we opt for Factory design patterns   Answer Question
    • calculating the frequency of character occurance in a given string   Answer Question
    • questions on work experience and projects and roles and responsibilities   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Initially there was a telephonic interview which was of basic questions related to my work profile.
    There was a tech interview F2F with 2 people in the panel.
    One tech managerial round
    HR round, basically for package discussion.

Interview Questions

• Start with your current project   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was referred through my friend.

Got call from HR.

1) First interview was telephonic:

There were generic questions on resume.

" Tell me about yourself "

" Explain what work you have done in so and so project "

Basically this interview is just to see whether you are suitable candidate aa per job description.

2) Second Interview Face to Face:

I got call from HR after my telephonic interview.

They called me at Banglore MBRDI.

It was technical interview:

He asked me following questions:

"Can you explain how you have implemented engine ambient cooling function in EMS ECU? ( It was mentioned in my resume so )"

"Can you explain the engineering change management system?"

" Can you explain how do you solve the field failure issues of vehicle? "

"What was the best work done according to you in your last 5 years?"

"Why are you looking for job change?"

3) Third interview Face to Face:

It was taken by team lead manager.

He has asked following questions:

"What will be your action plan if supplier has not agreed to give parts on time? "

" Why are you looking for job change?"

Now I don't remember all questions but kind of these only.

4) Fourth interview ( HOD round )

He asked questions to ensure that I will be staying in organization for long time. Very generic. Like are you okay for relocation and all.

5) Fifth interview ( HR round ):

Nothing difficult. All generic HR questions like tell me about yourself, are you okay for relocation, salary expectations,whydo you want to change job and all..

And after that in one month i got offer. HR in MBRDI are having poor response. We need to follow up with them periodically.

Don't worry. Prepare without no tension. They will not ask tough questions. Overall good organization. Do at your best. All the best.

Interview Questions

• All questions i have put in interview experience only.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India.

Interview

three round of interview
    contacted by the hr for an initial resume
    then next step was the technical telephone interview
    that was followed by a personal interview
    after that another round with the manager for a behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• the shortest path in the given data points
      basic programming questions algorithms
      data structures
      writing few basic snippets of code
      linux basic commands
      build system   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was asked to present on a few technical topics ( provided to me a week prior to the interview). The presentation was followed by an interview and both technical as well as HR questions were asked in the interview and during the presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India in December 2015.

Interview

Smooth and quick. I applied through an employee and had two phone interviews - one with the HR manager and one with the manager of the team I was supposed to join. Everyone I spoke to was very accommodating of my schedule for the interviews and joining.

Interview Questions

• Why this position, and why do you think you would be a good fit for it?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.