Met Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Met Office

3.1

Business and Industry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Went to their HQ and had a half an hour interview with time for an interview requiring different statistical analysis methods. There was also a prepared exercise to present a brief for a meeting with a client. Were fairly welcoming, however equal knowledge of coding and business techniques were required.

Interview Questions

• Was presented with a simple piece of code, and had to recommended ways to improve it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)).

Interview

Long application but quite simple to get through due to their essential criteria. Just follow these and you'll be sorted. After initially being rejected I was invited for an interview. Panel of 4 and 10 min presentation. Some tricky questions but ultimately an enjoyable experience with lovely staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've persuaded someone to do something   Answer Question

Research Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Met Office (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

1. What is the history of the company
    2. Technical knowledge required for the job. In my case asking me about how I would detect the temperature of ice in a plane
    3. Coding ability - How would I structure my code?

Interview Questions

• What is the history of the company?   1 Answer

Senior HRBP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

My interview for my role in the Met Office was conducted in a professional manner. I was given the opportunity to choose an interview slot and interviewed in a modern quiet meeting room by a gender balanced panel who were interested in why I was applying, probed my values as well as my experience and skills. The interview process allowed me to see the building I would work in, the office environment I would daily operate in, that free parking actually exists (good transport links also if not using a car) and to allow a range of questions of the panel/staff.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

A generic interview with nothing out the ordinary. very straightforward and standard questions. Interview lasted 45 minutes and was conducted by 2 people. Questions included why you want to work at the Metoffice and to describe your past work experience

Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting a quite detailed application, I was shortlisted to have an interview. The interview took place over the phone because for summer placements, we were all in our last years at university so it was not feesable for all of us to come down for a face-to-face interview.
    It was roughly half an hour of questions (them asking me and me asking them). It wasn’t scary as the people were lovely and made it fun.

Foundation Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted an online application, submitting a cover letter and my CV. Then I was offered an interview a month later. It was a group of 3 interviewers who took turns asking questions and were very friendly and encouraging. They were primarily interested in academic work that I had done which might be relevant to the post.

Interview Questions

• There were general questions about research projects that I had done as well as technical questions about developing a program for customers and how one might test programs. Also some questions about the Met Office main customers and areas.   Answer Question

HR Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Had 2 interviews one over the phone due to my living location when application was submitted and a follow up conversation at the HQ just to confirm my suitability face to face

Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 interviewers based at the Met Office. They were very welcoming and friendly and the conversation lasted for approximately 25 minutes, beginning with a check of personal details from the application process and then questions on basic meteorology, the specific topic of the placement, aspirations for wanting the role and longer-term career goals.

Radar & Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Met Office (Exeter, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Application form followed by an interview at Exeter. First 10 minutes prepare a presentation to show the panel. Panel interview with 3 interviewers taking turn to ask questions. No interview expense are paid. salary advertised for the post was low. Easy questions asked at the interview, make sure brush up your technical fundamental before you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• FIR & IIR Filter, Python Code questions, Benefits for surface mount devices.
      Why do you want to work for met office?
      Tell me about career and why did you chose different companies?
      Can you work within a team?
      What is your preferred way for working, self or team work?
      what role you would be most comfortable when working within a team?
      Who are the main customer for met office?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.