NV Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at NV Energy

2.9

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Went in for the first interview and there were 5 interviewers. Each one asked a question and took notes on my answer. Afterwards they called back for another panel interview with 6 interviewers and had homework assignments that I needed to fill out.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard screening phone interview by HR followed a couple of weeks later with group interview by leads and director. Asked pre-written canned questions that were textbook. Some were rather arcane or unspecific and I got the idea when asking for more specific information such that I could answer more appropriately that the people asking the question didn't really understand the subject. Following the interview they indicated they would get back with me. I had moved on but about 4 weeks later I got a rejection letter. Followed up with a phone call to HR rep. to get more feedback and got "a lot of qualified candidates" BS.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about PPM software but the question was indefinite and could have been interpreted as asking about portfolio compliance software and had to ask them to specify. Think it put them off.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Applied end ofJanuary and was called for interview by March. Questions where simple. One hour interview with about 3 people. Got a call back a week later for offer. Accepted and started 2 months later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NV Energy.

Interview

I was there for 1 interview. It was very nice, I had one HR representative and an engineer. The interview went smoothly. The questions flowed well into one another. Many of the questions started with, "Describe a situation in which.." I was very comfortable throughout most of the interview since the lady interviewing me was very relaxed. The people were friendly and seemed genuinely interested in wanting to know you based on the type of questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you've had to take the initiative   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Written test on C# and ColdFusion. 3 person panel interview. Basic questions about OOP and some work you have done in the past. Know commonly used CF tags.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NV Energy (Reno, NV (US)).

Interview

Got interview through temp company. Interviewed for one job but hired me at a better position. Interviewers no long working for the company, but they were very laid back and made me feel comfortable.

Safety Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy in July 2010.

Interview

4 weeks; external recruiter, phone screen, face to face 2 weeks after phone screen. Group interview with 3 managers. Overall interviewing experience was positive; lasted about 4 hours, and then were selling the position to me due to relocation to a less than desirable area.

Interview Questions

• What to do if craftsman ask for opinion on tooling based on safety.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated additional upfront pay.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

It starts off with a phone interview from HR then you meet with the hiring manager and then you meet with the panel of possible team members, hiring manager, and the HR representative.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went well. I was contacted by HR. They asked that I review their diversity policy. The company has been losing senior people. I saw many people between 25-35 years old. They wanted to hire people who are younger to pay them less

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Salary was too low for what they asked to be performed'

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NV Energy (Reno, NV (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an interview. Completed the interview. Received offer letter. For the internship interview the questions were very simple and not technical. They were questions like "tell us about yourself". For the engineer position they were more technical and applicable to the specific job. Overall, during both interviews I felt comfortable with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.