Natwest Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Natwest Interview Questions

Updated 15 Mar 2019

Sort:

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Natwest (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call then online tests very fun and very quick. Dave was friendly and gave me answers to questions. Thank you glassdoor. Also this was an easy interview be prepared to be amazing.

SFAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natwest (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview as I was due to be redeployed or made redundant. I had to attend a 1 to 1 meeting with my line manager who had to go through a pre-prepared set of information gathered from key performance indicators.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Natwest (London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

It took over 7 months between applying for the job and me actually starting the job. There was very poor communication from the Bank's side and I constantly had to chase someone for an answer. Once I had my actual formal interview, I remember being asked by the Interviewer if I was planning to start a family soon..........I was 31 at the time.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the one I mentioned above, all of the other interview questions etc were pretty standard - competency-based interview style and SWOT analysis etc etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would recommend asking for a reasonable salary, that you know you deserve and can evidence to the Bank that you are deserving of ie with concrete examples of previous successes elsewhere.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Natwest (London, England (UK)) in March 2009.

Interview

I was referred to NW by a friend/ex-colleague. In all, the whole recruitment process took 8months from the time of my introduction to me actually starting with NW. This was down to poor communication between the Recruiter/HR/Hiring Manager/Area Manager - something I discovered when I joined the Bank.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning to start a family?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I felt that the salary and whole salary package, was rewarding enough.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email following day to call them. Unfortunately i was away on holiday and called on my return. I was informed that all the interview slots had been filled. I was given a direct number to call if i saw another vacancy.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Natwest (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

first telephone app, competency based around customer service then small maths test. offered face to face interview then similar questions with branch manager and area manager. i used the same examples as on the telephone app. usually have a role play but i didnt in mine- they are subject to who is interviewing you. offered the job 3 days later.

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Natwest (Saint Albans, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the application online and about 3 days after I received an email that I had passed the initial process and should contact them to arrange for a telephone interview which I should allow 40-60 mins.
    The telephone interview started off with questions such as "tell me about yourself, why banking, why RBS". Next I had to take numeracy test - (Make sure you have a pen and paper to hand) but honestly they weren't tough enough to require a calculator, but it was simple questions such as "If I have 3 £5 notes how much money do i have in total?" or "if a customer enters the branch with a current account balance of £500 and would like to withdraw £250, how much money do they have left in their account", pretty simple questions right?. Just to let you know in advance they can repeat the question as many times as you would like however they will only accept your first answer. She then told me that I had passed the numeracy test which then led onto the competency based questions.
    For those who have applied please ensure you research examples of competency based questions, its basically used to identify your behaviour in certain scenarios. The first question she asked was explain a time that you have delivered quality customer service, then the second question she asked was explain a time you have gone beyond for a customer. Shortly after she popped me on hold to review my answers and told me that I had been successful, and explained that she was more than happy with my answers, I just need to expand on my competency based answers and use the STAR technique, (situation, task, action and results). My face to face interview was a week after and there was 2 parts to the face to face interview.
    The interviewer asked whether I would like to do the role play first or the competency based questions I chose the questions first.
    Questions:
    "tell me a little about yourself"
    "why banking"
    "why personal banking"
    "Why RBS"

then the competency based questions were all customer focused and how you deal with conflicting situations.

I can't remember the rest but it was about 40 questions related to customer service and how you interact with people, and if you have people skills and interpersonal skills. The next part of the interview was the role play. I absolutely crumbled, quite shocking for someone who has 7 years of customer service experience which is what i believe affected my chances, I don't know why but role play has never been my best attribute, however if you put me in front of a real life customer I know I can deal with a complaint, query, or issue effectively, so my advice on this one would be to definitely practice practice your role play! You are left with some holiday information, and details of the customer who would like to go on holiday, In my scenario this was a married father of two who was a business man looking to go on a break. Your aim here is not to sell the services guys! Please bare that in mind it is to consult the customer and guiding them to make a decision for themselves, and how you do that is by asking them open questions and also by being yourself.

Ask as many many many questions the more questions you ask the more of an idea you'll get by identifying the customers needs/wants the closer you are to finding them that ideal holiday. If you like you can even add little comments such as "i've been there before with my family, and it was the best holiday we have been to", ask as many questions however also make use of your people skills.

The main aim for the interviewer is to see whether you are able to interact well with customers since the job entails dealing with customers.

At the end of my interview which went pretty poorly he asked me whether there was anything I would improve on, I admitted - that I could improve on asking more questions and actually interact with the customer.

Once this was other he went over the specs of the jobs such as salary, hours I could possibly be working, the usual.

I was left with the chance to ask him some questions myself. Always ask the interviewer questions it shows them that you are seriously interested in the position. For myself, because my role play was bad I feel as though asking him a lot of questions about the job showed that I was interested.

I was interviewed on Thursday, today I received an email to say that I had been unsuccessful, gutted because I have to wait to reapply for another 6 months, also because I am a recent graduate and was so excited with the job post and skills required perfectly suited my experience, but I guess there is a reason for everything.

I took it upon myself to contact HR and request some feedback on my interview to help me for another PB role. Make sure you show you personality, please be bubbly and passionate about customers, especially if you have years on experience with customers make sure you elucidate this otherwise the chances of getting this role I believe will me slim.

Interview Questions

• "explain a time when you have gone beyond for a customer, what did you do?"
      "explain a time when you delivered quality customer service, how did you do it, how was the conversations conducted"
      "what is your definition of quality customer service"
      "how do you know when you have provided great customer service"
      "how do you deal with disappointment"
      "what skills do you possess that could be transfers to the senior pb role"
      "what is the most enjoyable thing about your present job and what do you least enjoy?"   Answer Question

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Natwest in September 2016.

Interview

Very strange interview, still trying to figure out how I failed a simple arithmetic test. I'm sure there was no trick to the questions and I believe I gave all the correct answers but interviewer couldn't give me a feedback.

Interview Questions

• Questions like what is the total of 32 £5 notes and 2 £10 notes etc   1 Answer

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Natwest (Horsham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online via RBS careers portal, got response 1-2 following days for telephone interview which contents 2 parts, basic numerical test and 2 behaviour questions, last about 30mins, told passed at the end of interview, booked in for face to face interview few weeks later.

During Face to face interview, there are mainly 3 parts;

1. Background chat and basic question (like why leaving current job? Why join RBS? What you know about the role and the company etc...)

2. Behaviour question again, about 2-3 questions, same with telephone ones (i.e Give an example when you go extra mile for a customers) sorry could not remember other ones...

3. Role play, given 10mins to parepare based on 3 piece of paper interviews has provided to me on the role I was going to play, in my case I was a travel counslant for a travel company, interviewer playing the customer came to me for advise on picking holiday products, this is where I failed, I think I knew I did not do it quite well, there is lot of extra functions and information about the company can offer which I didn't tell the customer in a limited 10mims time instead I was trying to figure out where the customer really want to go in terms of travel destinations. After 10mins role playing, the interviewer asked other 5-7 questions, like what I found it is difficult or chanllengs on that role playing? If customer be given error information what I would do? Is there anything I missed or can tell customer more in terms of other services and products ?

At end of processs, one of the interviewer asked my notice period, any booked holidays, and explained further on the salary, benfits, the role duties, working hours, workload routine and training programme etc, and be told decision will be made by centre HR team after my interview notes be reviewed, which I founded quite stranger as the local branch manager does not have a say on the hiring decision.

Anyway, my interview took place on Thursday afternoon, before me there was one candidate alredy took place in the morning, and another 1-2 on following day, then on following week's Tuesday morning I received an email be told I was unsuccessful for the role.

Then I have asked them to give me feedback, within 2-3 working days received feedback with breakdown tested area, they said overall I will found RBS culture is very good fit what is important for me, bug during assessment I wasn't sufficiently demonstrated my ability to build trust by making use of information and my communication wasn't always clear enough to help others to understand the issue on hand.

Overall it was a great interviewing experience as it was my first retail banking interview. Lesson learned and keep finger crossed for further roles.

Hope above is helpful for all of you.
    Thanks for reading through.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Natwest (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly chaotic. Took absolutely ages to get back to me with a decision. Kept on changing the branches I will be based at every time i called them, very unprofessional. And then sent me the wrong contract.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.