Nokia Engineering Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jun 2012

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nokia

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 6 candidate interviews
Nokia
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia in Jan 2011

Interview

one to interview. asked questions on technical side and domain side. writing programes/code was also part of the interview. manager round also includes about know-how of customer interactions.

Interview Questions
  • vlan connectivity between systems
    1 Answer
  • IP header structure and significance of each field
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nokia (Bangalore) in Nov 2010

Interview

I had a technical phone screening and the interview was good but not that great. And after some days after that interview, the staffing consultant had called me to inform that I will be having another interview, but it never happened. why say another interview and then leave it dangling - rather they could have left it as is after the first interview. questions were asked like: 1. How would you implement spellcheck in an application. 2. How would you capture an event at a control level rather than a Document level in HTML / JS i.e., Bubble down ( Ans: Actually that is the default behaviour. You dont have to do anything).

Interview Questions
  • 1. How would you implement spellcheck in an application.
  • 2. How would you capture an event at a control level rather than a Document level in HTML / JS i.e., Bubble down
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nokia (Bangalore) in Sep 2009

Interview

None of the interviews started on time. interview was more interesting in checking his email. receptionist made me sit on the floor because maintenance work was going on. One of the interviewers asked me if I could help him solve a problem he has having at work. The second interviewer was sleepy.

Interview Questions
  • How can you traverse a linked list with 'x' pointers such that 'add some stupid condition here' ?
Nokia
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nokia in Mar 2009

Interview

2 technical rounds. Both went around 2-3 hrs long. 1 round HR interview for an hr. Then met director & offer letter was given the next day. Everyone here is technical (including code!), except for managers, who are technology aware. Work culture is quite good. A lot of flexibility & empowerment is given to the teams. Flexible timings, work from home, work-life balance are well taken care of

Interview Questions
  • None. Interview questions revolved around what I knew & what i could contribute if hired.
Nokia
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nokia in Jul 2007

Interview

First there was a written test (HR emailed me the test and I had to respond back within 24 hrs). Within 2 days HR called and scheduled a 30 min Phone Interview with a tech lead. Purely technical, straight forward questions and upto the point. Didn't waste any time. 3 days later, HR called again and scheduled in-person interview at the job site. 1:1 interview was with 4 people. 2 were fully technical, 1 was with the hiring mgr which was technical and about what they did, etc and last one was more of business side only. Tech Questions overlapped a bit. So if you made a mistake with one, you could always correct it with the next one :) Came home and got the offer the following day. Then they had the background check done which took almost a month.

Interview Questions
Nokia
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nokia (United States) in Jan 2007

Interview

Overall the interview was very comprehensive. It lasted several days as meetings with a number of people had to be arranged. Unfortunately they could not all be accomplished on one or two days. Questions ranged from personal to experience as well as explanation of the basic working of a GSM network