Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Nov 2017
2,200 Interview Reviews

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

Started with multiple phone call interviews with recruiters. After this, I got set up with final interview with branch Manager. Over the phone on this interview, was offered the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Group Phone Interview followed by individual interviews. Revealed that pay is almost entirely comission based on sales. Must complete a worksheet with the contact information of almost every friend and family you know

Interview Questions

• How many people do you have in your social circle that may be interested in their services   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chesterfield, MO (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

its a four step interview process with different people. the first interview was really long. it took over an hour to complete. however it was very easy going and it did not seem that long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Absolutely horrible, scam. No one tells you specifics, beat around the bush and then first day ask you to call 40 of your friends/family. Would not recommend to anyone, ever

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to be a financial planner? Cold call, cold call, cold call, complete waste of time   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Stamford, CT (US)).

Interview

First went in for an informal meeting with someone from human resources. She gave an overview of the company and the position, asked basic questions, and then asked at the end if I wanted to proceed to the next step. They had me take a personality test and we went over it at the next meeting with a manager. The whole process was pretty informal but I chose not to move on after that so I can't speak to what the later interviews are like.

Interview Questions

• Do you have someone who can support you financially when you're starting up in sales?   Answer Question
    • What activities are you/have you been involved in?   Answer Question
    • Who is in your network (of potential clients)?   Answer Question

Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Northwestern Mutual came onto our campus to recruit. The position is somewhat misleading as they strongly express that there is no need to contact friends and family, but in essence, the interview process involves you reaching out to family and/or friends.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Basic Interview Questions during the interview process. Questions were more behavior rather than technical. I was asked what the biggest strengths I had were and if I was personable. This job requires a lot of personal interaction so if that is not your cup of tea I would recommend against it.

Application

Interview

Great interview! Really care about pairing the write candidate for the right job. Company wants to see that you care about giving back to the community and want to grow yourself professionally.

Interview Questions

• Who is the most influential person in your life.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Pretty causal and laid back, nothing specifically finance related. Just a conversation about yourself and what your goals are. Not hard to make it past the initial interview round. They want to make sure you know what the internship entails and how financial planning works.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were supposed to be three interviews. The first was by phone which was basically just a screening process. I rocked it but wound up turning down the offer for another interview due to the fact that this position is not for me. The use these interns to sell insurance to their families and friends. They never come out and directly say this unless you ask about it. This may be for some people but I didn't want to damage relationships but trying to push insurance on those I care about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your family.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.