Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 19 Apr 2018
2,393 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Spoke with someone from the company during a Career Fair. After speaking with the person for a few minutes I was invited to further discuss the position in their office the following week. Before coming in you are asked to complete and online survey as well as watch a few short videos that give a feel for the company and their services and what it is like to work there. During the interview I was asked several questions to assess my goals, expectations and getting to know me better.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Very behaviorally based focused on the applicants ability to network and establish their own client base. First two rounds were focused on getting a feel for you as an individual as well as going over your prior experience. Third round goes over a case study you are given.

Interview Questions

• Explain your past experiences   1 Answer

Financial Re Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (West Hartford, CT (US)).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. Introductory interview, then they do a personality assessment, and final round to make an offer. If you can handle the tasks they ask you to do, you will get a position.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process started with a two person power point presentation that was full of hype for company. The second and third was very relaxed asked a couple basic interview questions but the crux of the process was getting 100 people that you can possibly contact in the future in order to start your practice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced adversity in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Middleton, WI (US)).

Interview

Middleton WI

First Stage: Initial get-to-know-you. I had to fill out a worksheet prior to first interview, but they never sent me the worksheet until I emailed saying that I didn't have it yet. The person told me to check my other mailboxes when I called asking for the worksheet, but I had nothing. A few minutes after the call ended, I received the email with the worksheet.

Second Stage: Talk with another person at NWM to get to know more about the position. I was instructed to do another worksheet for this, and once again, I had to ask directly ask them to send me the worksheet, even though in the call they said they would send it to me. During the call, I was basically told that I would receive an offer for the internship. "I'd be willing to extend an offer to you for the internship"

Third Stage: Present your market research surveys. Before setting up this final interview call, the internship coordinator called me by my wrong name. A completely different name. I was quite shocked. Furthermore, the email instructed me to go to the office complex, even though they knew I was in another state, so that was not possible.

In the end, I didn't get the internship, mainly because I was in a different state, which they knew from the very beginning.

Entire process was very disorganized and unprofessional.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

4 interviews. Pretty good people. Describe how the job was going to be. Explained the pay benefits and what values they look for. Did give me an assignment like the other reviews, I had to get about 50 clients for myself to see if I'm worthy for the job.

Post Graduate Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview was quite a process: initial phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over a span of a month. Expected to acquire between 70-150 potential new clients in a span of a week that you would reach out to once you were hired.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know in XX city?   1 Answer

Interview

Easy interview. It's more about understanding your personal network for business prospecting. It's a fair interview process. The interview was about 4 stages. You meet with the recruiter, field reps and senior management.

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There were three Interviews. First one is relaxed, more informational and about career opportunities at Northwestern and the company's structure. Second one is character and experience centric. Third one is with the office manager, which discusses salary projections among other things

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Easy - they ask alot about your personality and who you know in order to possibly help advance your career there. If youre comfortable asking for referrals. Overall a nice place to work great flexibility and really great mentors

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.