Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 Jan 2018
2,280 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Contacted me through Indeed and then a member of their HR department called me. We spoke about 10 mins about the position and what were the following steps. After we set up a time for me to speak with the manager but then declined because the job was not what I was looking for.

College Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Approached Northwestern Mutual at my college job fair and gave them my resume. Was contacted by a recruiter within a few weeks and then had a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Phone interview first round with basic questions about myself and wanted to go over about the internship process. Next step was an in person interview, similar questions and they went over the product in detail.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

3 step process.
    they are trying to buy you. they say they do not do cold calling. but i feel like they did. there are better internships out there rather than this one. Do your research first.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

I'm still currently in the interview process but so far I've done a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with a recruiter. Both were positive experiences and pretty laid-back. You're then given market surveys that must be completed before you can move further in the process. The next interview is with the college unit director.

Interview Questions

Interview

They show off high compensation that is almost impossible to get, and expect you to give them a list of contacts so they can abuse your connections. Its not the best financial advisor position.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI (US)).

Interview

The interview process for a satellite office is relaxed. It is more so a process to see if you vibe well with a member of that office. This process consists of several casual office/offsite meetings in which you, the candidate, answer questions about work ethic, personality, interpersonal relationships, and communication skills.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Melville, NY (US)).

Interview

My interview process was very long but very fair. The process is an initial interview in person in their office with a recruiter, you are then moved on to the second round of interviews which are conducted in a group with other potential interns in their office once again, following this one is required to do a "homework" of gathering together 100 names of people who can become potential clients and you must conduct 7 interviews with people in the industry, this can be quite difficult for someone who doesn't know many people or who are intraverts, this is not the right job for you. Finally, you are brought back for a third and final time to present a slide show to the 4 heads of the internship program on why they should hire you and what skills you bring to the table. While the process is very tedious and time-consuming, overall it was a fairly easy process.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

Lengthy process with a lot of information. Met with 4-6 different people over the course of a couple weeks. Everyone was very pleasant and engaging, but i felt like i was asked the same questions by everyone. Plus, having to meet with so many different people and constantly take days off of my other job was a hassle.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

Initial phone call interview which turned into several in person interviews. Terrific interview experience and everyone was really friendly. Meet with the HR manager first followed by several interviews with the manager and employees that work in the same role.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and experiences. Really great questions, not the usual standard hr questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.