Northwestern Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 13 Jul 2018
2,438 Interview Reviews

2.4

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Latham, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple Interviews. Very thorough assessments to make sure both parties benefit. Realistic company overview. Discussions seem to flow easily and everyone is friendly and outgoing. Last step is to meet with the CEO so company is very open door.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Hired by an independent financial rep for their practice. Introduced by a mutual friend. Talked on the phone first and then met for a few hours. I learned about his practice and what the expectations would be.

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, asked to have a personality test to compliment the skills of the FA. This was followed by a 1 on 1 interview, the entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• general questions, why you want to work here, strengths   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual in August 2011.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the Managing Director for the office. This was because I was a direct referral from one of the advisor's clients.

Associate Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Was informative and well constructed. I wouldn't say it is a wealth management position unless you consider Insurance the beginning of every talk you have with a client. Seem to have a very good training program.

Javascript Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very simple process. Met with a single development lead who asked me a slew of technical questions. Short and sweet. Interview location was at a satellite space and not in the company's main buildings.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between React/Redux and Backbone javascript frameworks?   Answer Question

Learning & Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Meet with the hiring manager & director including a 15 minute training session of your choosing. Interview then with a HR specialist & an electronic assessment for FINRA exam success.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual (Franklin, WI (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied to NM last year and was rejected, but they kept my application on file. Last month, I was contacted by a Talent Recruiter who asked me to formally apply for a different position. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager. After this, I did an in-person interview which was with a group of people who I would now end up working for. I was then offered a verbal offer, which I accepted and then accepted their written offer. This was by far the best experience I've ever had at a job interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with Mainframe Technology?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Interview

There's several interviews. First one is with a recruiter, second and third is with the managing director. Pretty Indepth and interesting. You get to really know the interviewer. The last interview may take over two hours but time really flies when you really get to talk about yourself and where you see yourself in five, ten years.

Staff Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with several people, some over the phone. Questions were not hard, people seemed nice. They interviewed and hired me for a position very different from my background, which they're in the habit of doing.

Negotiation

Didn't offer much, and wouldn't negotiate.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.