Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Bengaluru) in June 2019.

Interview

Process took one month. Got call from HR soon after I applied through LinkedIn.
    F2F onsite interview was scheduled where they took 3 rounds of technical. Each round was about 1-1.5hrs and whole process took 4 hrs.
    After five days, one more technical telephonic round was scheduled which lasted after 45mins.
    After clearing all technical rounds, I was called for senior managerial round which lasted after 1hr.
    Overall I had a great experience while interviewing and all interview panel members were very friendly and gave sufficient time to think and answer to every question throughout the process.
    In the final round, I was well explained by one of Senior Manager about the roles and responsibilities.
    He even explained me what are they looking in candidate who would better fit for the role.

After clearing all rounds, a week later I got job offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you build an automation framework from scratch?
      2. Coding questions mainly based on strings, arrays.
      3. Derive test plan and scenarios on spot for different products which would be explained by the interviewer.
      4. Operating systems.
      5. Storage and networking basics.
      6. Previous project related questions.   Answer Question

Consulting Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Was a number of phone interviews and in-person interviews. Their lead recruiter was very responsive and as a team they did a fabulous job being uniform in the process and communication. Grade A people in their GSO organization and in their recruiting department.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering the move?   6 Answers

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nutanix (Cary, NC (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

This was one of the best interviews I have been through. I was interviewed by 6 people individually from varying job roles that I would be interacting with as part of the job. Each one provided insight on the job role and asked questions ranging from technical to personality and leadership.

Each person was engaged and interesting to talk to. Even though each interview was separate there was no repetition in the questioning. Each one pushed an area further and was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What does leadership mean to me?   4 Answers

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me the same day I applied and we scheduled a time to discuss. Following recruiter discussions, we scheduled a time to discuss with hiring manager, and a series of 3 technical interviews. Post technical interview, recruiter scheduled another meeting with Director and finally meeting onsite. Offer was extended after onsite meeting.

Interview Questions

• Spanning tree, lacp knowledge, Cisco/ Arista switch configurations, network management tools, scripting in linux and bash, linux basic command lines, tools, basic to advanced network troubleshooting and configurations, hypervisor knowledge, technical writing (Wikis), Active Directory installation and troubleshooting.   5 Answers

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

First I was contacted by the team's manager for a phone screening.
    About 2 weeks later, when the team was back from a conference, I was interviewed by members of the team for a technical interview.
    A couple of days later I spoke with director.
    I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about asynchronous JS.   3 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward, whiteboard problems, panel of four. Quick decision, overall good experience.

The team was friendly, huge office, lots of cubicles but the space was set up nicely with lots of sunlight.

Interview Questions

• Code out a UI with x specifications in a JavaScript, HTML, CSS on a whiteboard.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix in March 2014.

Interview

The three coding questions are: Valid Parentheses, FizzBuzz, Traverse root folder. The three problems are not hard but it seems that the interviewer didn't know what the problems exactly mean. He also asked me about how to write a fsck(file system checker) and how to check inode and things like that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screens (with collabedit) followed by onsite. The process was riddled with delays right from the start as the recruiter was not very responsive. I applied because the company is on the verge of an IPO, and there is money to be made. Plus they seem to be doing reasonably well in terms of sales.

The interview questions were extremely simple. Nothing complicated, the standard, binary tree, string processing type of questions anyone with some interview preparation should be able to solve without much thinking. I think the cultural fit is more of an issue. They talk a lot about how they will take down the bigger companies which gets tiresome beyond a point, so take this as a cue to show your enthusiasm. Also, looks like they have hired too many folks already for the calendar year and have frozen their head count. So even if you get selected, expect to have a joining date after a few months or maybe after their IPO ?? If you don't get selected you most likely won't hear from the recruiter because they are too busy talking to prospective candidates about how awesome they are.

In short, the core storage side of this company should be an exciting place to work. I wouldn't recommend the manageability area as it seems below average. Plus their over hiring and then head count freeze doesn't give a good overall impression of their vision or direction.

Interview Questions

• Binary Tree, String processing/parsing.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nutanix (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First Asking question about the difference between thread and process, most challenge project, how to control the tread running order, and how to communication between the process. and what steps are, and some question about the memory address, the difference between the stack and heap needed in context swap and the coding problem Maximum Depth of Binary Tree

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, find its maximum depth.

The maximum depth is the number of nodes along the longest path from the root node down to the farthest leaf node.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It's one of those companies that actively want to you apply and then go silent if you are not good fit.I can already feel the culture inside. My former colleague also interviewed there and had a bad outlook.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the University Career fair and heard back about the interview two weeks later. The first round of interview was a technical interview through phone. I was given 45 minutes to solve one programming question through Coderpad. The interviewer was professional and I thought the coding question was hard.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest path from the first cell in a square to the last cell in a square grid.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.