Nutanix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 24 Apr 2019

3.1

Sort:

Consulting Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Was a number of phone interviews and in-person interviews. Their lead recruiter was very responsive and as a team they did a fabulous job being uniform in the process and communication. Grade A people in their GSO organization and in their recruiting department.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering the move?   1 Answer

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me the same day I applied and we scheduled a time to discuss. Following recruiter discussions, we scheduled a time to discuss with hiring manager, and a series of 3 technical interviews. Post technical interview, recruiter scheduled another meeting with Director and finally meeting onsite. Offer was extended after onsite meeting.

Interview Questions

• Spanning tree, lacp knowledge, Cisco/ Arista switch configurations, network management tools, scripting in linux and bash, linux basic command lines, tools, basic to advanced network troubleshooting and configurations, hypervisor knowledge, technical writing (Wikis), Active Directory installation and troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (Durham, NC (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

First I was contacted by the team's manager for a phone screening.
    About 2 weeks later, when the team was back from a conference, I was interviewed by members of the team for a technical interview.
    A couple of days later I spoke with director.
    I received an offer the following week.

Corporate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nutanix (Cary, NC (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

This was one of the best interviews I have been through. I was interviewed by 6 people individually from varying job roles that I would be interacting with as part of the job. Each one provided insight on the job role and asked questions ranging from technical to personality and leadership.

Each person was engaged and interesting to talk to. Even though each interview was separate there was no repetition in the questioning. Each one pushed an area further and was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nutanix.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward, whiteboard problems, panel of four. Quick decision, overall good experience.

The team was friendly, huge office, lots of cubicles but the space was set up nicely with lots of sunlight.

Interview Questions

• Code out a UI with x specifications in a JavaScript, HTML, CSS on a whiteboard.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nutanix (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

By far the worst interview experience. For some reason these people think they are a notch above all other companies hence told me that there were going to be 2 telephonic screens. I said okay. The first round was regarding merging n sorted list. I came up with simple solution first then upon hinting suggested using heap or priority queue. I was told to assume methods such as getmin() removemin() etc since I didn’t remember the exact calls. Once I did that and wrote the algorithm I cleared. Second interview, the person starts coding qs 26 mins into the interview. This was also using a priority queue. I came up with the right algorithm and approach and assumed similar calls to heap. Since I used another programming language which he didn’t know he started questioning me why I was removing and adding back to hash when I pointed out that update is unavailable and these are specific to language. Even though the complete approach and algorithm was correct he gave negative feedback. This is when things got funny. I challenged the interview with the recruiter telling that I used the right data structure and completed the algorithm in 25 mins after starting the coding so late. And he nit picked about the hash methods I was using in my language and pointed her to a reference about how it is used. The recruiter comes back saying hiring manager will give a chance for 3rd telephonic round. I was like b@@@s to these guys as I already had 2 offers by then, but I thought why not, perhaps they will try their best to fail me this time, let’s see how that goes. This time they asked me a question on ‘interval intersection’, given a list of start and end times of people checking in and out of a room, find the time with maximum guests. I came up with an algorithm with o(n) time and extra space. At first he couldn’t understand the solution but then he agreed. Next he asked me to enhance it to not use so much space, in that given time I came up with the approach but couldn’t complete the implementation but he got it. He finally said that I got the right solution and also optimized it for space. If space is optimized then time will be compromised due to be sorting needed. So anyways I thought the interview ended well as he acknowledged that the solution was right and I also gave the approach for optimized space. After 2 days I get an email saying they are moving on with other candidates. I want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to practice so many questions and avoiding joining a team that has such jerks who are so headstrong that they couldn’t accept that i cleared the interview. The 3rd interview was a total sham and they wanted to defend their 2nd interviewee’s judgement. Either that or they really didn’t have any openings. This was for their security team. Do not waste your time interviewing with these people unless you want to join cocky and arrogant bunch of people.

Interview Questions

• 1. Merge n sorted list
      2. Find k most occurring elements in an array
      3. Given a list of intervals of guests arriving and leaving ie: start time and end time, find the time with maximum guests   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix in January 2018.

Interview

It was OK, but the recruiter asked somebody else substitute for him.
    Also the engineer spent half of the time asking me what other questions I have, and started coding question only when less than half of the time left.

Interview Questions

• What question do you have for me?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nutanix in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the University Career fair and heard back about the interview two weeks later. The first round of interview was a technical interview through phone. I was given 45 minutes to solve one programming question through Coderpad. The interviewer was professional and I thought the coding question was hard.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest path from the first cell in a square to the last cell in a square grid.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process ever experienced. The interviewer was late to the interview. The person who called me was different from the person I was scheduled to speak with. The interviewer at the other end of the line did not introduce him/herself. Obviously was reading my resume on the phone for the first time. Could easily tell the interviewer was coming up with random questions on the fly to ask me. Asked me very specific and irrelevant questions about syntax. The interviewer was not logged into the technical interview website, so s/he fumbled around for 15 minutes. During the technical portion, which I had only 15 minutes to finish, the interviewer did not talk at all. When I explained the code, the interviewer did not ask me clarifying questions, but understood my algorithm incorrectly.

How a company conducts interviews reflects a lot about that company's values and culture. I recommend that you do not interview with Nutanix.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It's one of those companies that actively want to you apply and then go silent if you are not good fit.I can already feel the culture inside. My former colleague also interviewed there and had a bad outlook.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.