Ola Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ola Interview Questions

Interviews at Ola

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

Campus selection. Conducted a coding test in the campus and shortlisted based on performance. Coding test mainly focussed on strings, data structures. There is a one on one interview in the campus.

Interview Questions

• Mostly dealt with DS and Algo's.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

Initially we have an aptitute test testing on Quant, english and logical reasoning. And then 1 round of HR interview screening and then the actual interview where u'll be asked on ur expectations,

SDE2 Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

There was a onlineWritten test ,program was given in paper. you have to write the complete runnable code. architecture design discussion , There was also a hiring manager technical discussion

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Interview Questions

• please don't waste your time . I have had the interview today with ola and I have finished my hacker rank test around 11 but they asked me wait for the face to face round 1 till 5 o'clock. In face to face one stupid guy came and asked me ds problem and in just 5 minutes he dicided I am not good enough. I am not sure what was the expectation. seems like they want a person who has mugged up the answer and just tell them. very very bad experience. please don't go here to waste ur time   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ola (New Delhi) in February 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of interview

2 technical and 1 HR interview was there.. Technical interview questions where from all part of the technology. Questions where from all topics and all level.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

Contacted them via recruiter and interview was scheduled in 2-3 days. They invited onsite promising whole process will finish in a day but it didn't. Person who was taking interviews was unprepared and had know idea he will have to take interview. He was looking for questions during interview and was informed just 5 mins back. Overall unprofessional way of conduction interview which gives sneakpeak about company.

Interview Questions

• Out of the book/careercup questions. nothing extra   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in October 2017.

Interview

Consisted of 4 rounds of interview. 3 technical and 1 with program manager. Technical rounds were mostly around System design, DS and Algorithms and knowledge based question of the technologies listed on my resume. With Program Manager it was mostly a resume review and few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a lexicographically sorted list of words, can you figure out how those character will be orderer naturally?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ola in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through naukri and got a call. Had coding round, followed by 4 technical rounds. Then the HR round. 2 technical rounds were telephonic.
    They hadn't organised it well... Had to wait for long time for my 1st round itself... But after that other round went good.

Interview Questions

• 1. Coding round
      Bowling alley system

2. Code review and technical round
      Code review
       1. duplicates in an array with no extra memory
       2. 2 dices, place the numbers in such a way we can show any date
       3. design parking lot system

3. Technical round
       1. inplace reversal of words in a sentence.
       2. duplicates in an array
       3. design rubik's cube data structure

4. HR
       normal questions

5. Telephonic technical
       all about resume and Web services and messaging services   Answer Question

No positive review on the project team I was supposed to join.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in February 2017.

Interview

1) Interview process for Frontend Engineer: 10am to 6:30pm. Unnecessary breaks between rounds due to many candidates. We weren't asked for anything to eat/drink but just lunch. In worst case only it should be acceptable.

2) Total 5 interview rounds.
    - 1st round [Technical]: 2 questions. 1st question was UI(and functionality) development and 2nd question was to draw architecture on paper.
    - 2nd round [Technical]: Conducted after ~3.5 hours of 1st round. Interview had general javascript questions (mid level difficultly) and about framework/library I've experience in.
    - 3rd round [Technical]: Required me to explain in detail my knowledge in frontend framework I've used.
    - 4th round [Tech + Non-tech]: Round with Engineering Manager, where she asked about projects, goals and a little bit technical and project structuring questions.
    - 5th round. HR Round lasted only 8 minutes as he told it was already late in evening. I asked him couple of important questions. I asked for the position, I'll be offered and he Misinformed me. And I was later denied giving lame reason that other guys in my existing company got same position, so I'll also get same.

3) Engineering manager is your Hiring Manager. HR didn't convey information of round properly. So, EM is the person to ask about your team, opportunities to learn, etc. I was waiting for this discussion to happen afterwards but got to know that 8 minute HR round was the last round. Later on phone, I requested HR to informally conduct discussion on phone which she affirmed but didn't conduct. HR appeared to talk a bit rudely on phone. Engineering Manager was good and professional in conduct.

4) HR is really bad in communication once you've been offered(email). Not a startup culture but seemingly disorganised corporate culture at HR level atleast. Received document to sign after 2.5 weeks of email offer. There was no closure of negotiation round, No discussion about position role, No HR round apart from those 8 minutes. All crucial things were not conducted. Their entire process was oriented towards hiring/rejected a person immediately. No professional conduct to focus on retaining a good candidate/team.

5) You might end up getting same salary as colleague from your existing company even if you had more salary. Years of experience are important for Ola.

6) Despite Ola's offer for pretty good salary and perks, I would recommend Ola only if you don't have other good options as culture is not likeable much.

Interview Questions

• 1) UI and functionality for adding/removing/displaying cart items. Code structuring/quality is important here.
      2) Draw SPA architecture on paper, writing proper optimization techniques (Can use framework paradigm you've used before)
      3) Project struturing of projects I had setup before.
      4) Javascript- Closures, event delegation, framework questions and optimizations, etc.   Answer Question

Couple of reasons to decline:
    1) No crucial rounds were conducted to discuss team, role, responsibilities, negotiation, etc.
    2) In HR round, I was misinformed about the position which was later denied.
    3) No proper communication amongst HR or to the candidate they're offering.
    4) HR talked rudely (non-professional) over phone(after 2 days of email offer) when requested to conduct informal round with Engineering manger regarding team and career growth as HR themselves are unaware of such questions.
    5) Seemingly bad culture and not maintaining good relationship with candidate(employee)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru).

Interview

We had an online screening test first and then people who were selected from there proceeded further on for their technical interviews. There were people from various colleges and institutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.