Ola Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Ola Interview Questions

Interviews at Ola

2.9

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Interview Questions

• please don't waste your time . I have had the interview today with ola and I have finished my hacker rank test around 11 but they asked me wait for the face to face round 1 till 5 o'clock. In face to face one stupid guy came and asked me ds problem and in just 5 minutes he dicided I am not good enough. I am not sure what was the expectation. seems like they want a person who has mugged up the answer and just tell them. very very bad experience. please don't go here to waste ur time   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

Campus selection. Conducted a coding test in the campus and shortlisted based on performance. Coding test mainly focussed on strings, data structures. There is a one on one interview in the campus.

Interview Questions

• Mostly dealt with DS and Algo's.   1 Answer

SDE2 Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

There was a onlineWritten test ,program was given in paper. you have to write the complete runnable code. architecture design discussion , There was also a hiring manager technical discussion

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

Initially we have an aptitute test testing on Quant, english and logical reasoning. And then 1 round of HR interview screening and then the actual interview where u'll be asked on ur expectations,

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

It was my first interview as SDE and it was good an amazing experience for me to get this opportunity. It lasted for 30 mins approximately and the interviewer was also good.

Interview Questions

• How will you implement linked list with 1 million nodes? How will you access 999999 th node? Give some optimal design strategy and implementation.   Answer Question

Technical Lead - EV Charging Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru).

Interview

1. The interview lasted 25mins. First the interviewer called on mobile and asked me to continue, however it was scheduled on Zoom. I asked him to join Zoom. (Unprofessional behavior). I had a chance to look at his linkedIn profile a day before interview.
    2. First 10min: Introduce yourself and my work, next 10mins: Product life cycle and how I handle my team, last 5 mins: He gave a vague explanation about what Ola does. I did not get a clear picture what and how Ola is entering the charging business.
    3. The interviewer looked immature (3 years experienced) and did not know anything about charging standards. Having worked in EV charging development and testing for more that 4 years I was expecting discussion about technical questions about EV and EVSE.
    4. The interviewer was young and had very less experience, interviewing candidates more experienced than him.
    5. In the end he said that there will be 2 more technical rounds (running away from the interview), however I came to know that I was rejected. No explanation, nothing.
    6. Advise to the management: Please schedule interviews with associates having proper technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Every question asked was about process and what team I am handling.
      Agile and waterfall cycle
      Question were too generalized and the interviewer was not capable of understanding the answers.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Interview

Guys don't waste your time in ola ..they are not sure that they needs candidates or not..they put your profile on hold without knowing any reason and after 3-4 months they will schedule interviews again and says we would not be moving ahead with your candidature and when you ask reason for rejection..they don't have any answer...if you don't have any vacancies then why you waste candidates time again and again..very bad hiring process.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ola.

Interview

The interview consisted of 5 rounds

1. Technical (C language nitty-gritty, detailed Embedded firmware questions, questions based on RTOS, some previous projects were also discussed)

2. Technical (Coding round + technical discussion, 2-3 codes were asked based on Macro functions, some DS and based on pointers and bit maths and bit tricks, Embedded Linux based questions, U-boot compilation, and Linux boot-up steps etc etc...... the candidate has to code live in front of interviewer)

3. Technical (Some codes were asked, not too hard, like write a n implementation of the sizeof() operator using MACRO in C, An array has like 10 elements and some elements are 1 and some are 0, Calculate the number of 1's and concatenate all of them and shift them to the extreme right of the array etc.... simple questions only)

4. Hiring manager (Technical) - (Live coding to check coding aptitude, a question was given which was first solved using a primitive method and then optimised using hashing method)

5. HR rounds (Non-technical) - Normal pleasant conversation with HR.

Interview Questions

• Can you join us immediately?   1 Answer

SDE-II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in July 2020.

Interview

There are a total of 5 round of interview, 4 round is technical out of 5.
    They have mostly(50-70%) asked same question in all the round but in each round, they have asked some topics in-depth, As I have applied for SDE-|| in embedded C domain, So they have asked mostly question regarding Embedded C only and yes my current project in details like what was your role how would you mange your task,

Interview Questions

• What is volatile?
      What is difference between char *const p, char const *p, const char const *p, const char *p

In Embedded C they have asked mostly related to pinter concept   1 Answer
    • What is SDLC why we are following?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer -1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ola (Bengaluru) in July 2020.

Interview

Overall interview experience was positive, interviewer was really helpful.
    I interview was to about 4 rounds including hiring manager and hr round.
    1st rounds was on DSA with SDE1 - three questions has been asked
    1- Sort the array which consists number 0, 1, 2
    2- Delete the middle node of the linked list
    3- print the nodes which are at k- distance from root.

2nd round was Bar Raiser round on DSA with principal software engineer
    1- find all the triplets in array equals to sum k.
    2- Detect cycle in an array for a given number and every element should have been visited only once.

3rd round was with Hiring Manager, he was very much focussed on Distributed system and how to optimizie the system at very high level.
    I don't remember the questions exactly, but he has asked so many questions on Multi threading, Redis, Kafka, Concurrency, Cron jobs , configuration, Global exception.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.