PUMA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 8 May 2019

2.5

Sort:

Sports Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PUMA in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard asking you the basic interview questions "what is your greatest strength and weakness" "Describe a time when you turned a bad situation into a good situation" etc. However, one thing i noticed is that the interview almost seemed to be scripted by asking you the generic interview questions. Also they seemed uninterested in my past experiences and really getting to know who I am.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes Puma different from our competitors?   Answer Question

PUMA Response

4 Aug 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor. Please be assured that your opinion is important to us.

We are sorry that our interview process was perceived as standard and basic. Nevertheless... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA (Westford, MA (US)).

Interview

Enjoyed getting to learn about the company. Overall, the process went about as expected with a few detractors. Communication was done mostly via phone calls which can make it challenging to coordinate, especially when currently working in another office. There were several days that I had 2-4 phone calls from them trying to coordinate schedules that I had to leave my desk each time. Doing the bulk of this over email would've made it a lot smoother and faster. The other frustrating aspect of the process was that they weren't upfront with the fact that an internal employee was also going out for the role. I went through three rounds of interviews and asked at each stage what my current standing was against the pool of candidates and was never once told I was up against someone internally. Would've been much easier in setting realistic expectations throughout the process. The part that was honestly unprofessional was when the recruiter called to tell me I didn't get the job. She made it a point to tell me how close it was and that I was down to the final two and they thought I could be a valuable employee. She said she had passed my resume along for another role she thought I would be a great fit for and said she'd get me in touch with the appropriate recruiters. I attempted to follow up several times and never received a response. It's understandable I wasn't the right fit for the role and I appreciated them calling to let me know, but they should've just ended it there instead of trying to inflate my ego with a different role I would be a good fit for and then blowing me off multiple times as I attempted to follow up.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PUMA.

Interview

Was contacted by HR back in November for a phone screen. Everything was done over phone, not email so that made the process not smooth with a lot of phone tag. The HR person seemed like they had no idea about anything about the company or position and was pretty rude and short. Nonetheless, call seemed like it went well. About a month later, they called me about coming in for an in person interview. Met with several people, and also seemed to go very well. Never heard back even though they made it a point to tell me that I can reach out at any time with questions. I tried calling back to get an update twice and they just told me they haven’t gotten to it yet and didn’t know when they would. There was absolutely no follow up and again were rude when I tried to get an update. Candidates spend a lot of time preparing/taking time off/following up and they just blow you off. Again, there was no email I could send because all communication was done over the phone. The process took forever to even get called in for an interview and I’m still waiting to hear from them....several months later. Unprofessional, rude and definitely turned me off from ever considering working here.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good for this role?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PUMA.

Interview

Phone interview with the HR and the HR asked some basic and straightforward questions. A day after I got the email invited me to meet in person at their Home Office at Westford, Massachusetts.

Interview Questions

PUMA Response

20 Nov 2018 – Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback about your application process. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience at our PUMA office in Westford. At PUMA we are committed to providing a straightforward... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PUMA (Westford, MA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screening through HR and she discussed my current status as a student and how I will benefit and aid the company. Once that is passed, you get called from a manager. The manager will discuss your strengths, weaknesses, job prospects, interest in the industry, and skills pertaining to the internship.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PUMA (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I was referred through a friend who had the internship previously and was graduating so they were looking for a summer intern. I was out of town, so I had a detailed phone interview which was laid-back but took about 30 minutes. They are most interested in who you are, what you're looking for and really describing the position to you. It was an unpaid position, so there weren't too many tough questions asked. It helps to have previous experience in marketing or digital media, but not necessary.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your previous internship and work experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PUMA (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

First part of the interview was with the HR Manager and then the outgoing marketing manager. They asked about my background and experience and my contribution to Puma.

Second interview, I met with the sales director and asked me about the Tretorn brand. I mentioned that it was originated in Europe. He corrected me saying that it is an Scandinavia brand - the last time I checked Scandinavia is part of Europe. Didn't correct him, but felt that the interview was going nowhere.

Met with the Product Manager. During the whole interview she told me how awful it is to work for Puma. The meeting lasted for 1 hr. I didn't get a chance to say a word.

My last interview was with the Marketing Director. A very young guy. Unlike the Product Manager, he just sat there and asked me to talk about myself. No question. I thought he was falling asleep.

Did not hear back from Puma. Had to contact the HR Manager to find out that I was not hired.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PUMA (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Appplied on corporate site. Received email from HR to schedule first interview. First Interview was 45 minutes with HR associate. The second interview was with the position's hiring manager, which lasted a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why are you interested in the position? How would your friends describe you? How do you prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PUMA (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

We conducted one skype interview with an assistant, then another skype interview with higher staff. the first iterviewer was very personable and made for a wonderful interview. Afterwards, she e-mailed me, requesting another interview, the next week, with her boss, (the regional merchandiser for her product category). That interview was much more formal. Afterwards, the personable interviewer sent me a personal e-mail, letting me know that they went with someone else before I recieved a formal interview.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at PUMA (Westford, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process went really well. I got in through a temp agency. I first had a phone screen with the corporate recruiter, then I was called in and met with 4 people... Temp agency called me a couple days later saying I landed the job!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.