PlayStation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

PlayStation Interview Questions

Interviews at PlayStation

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Mateo, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Online application, HR phone screening, call with hiring manager, Video presentation to the team based on preset task, offer provided. Took a few weeks from the last task to the offer, but I assumed they were finishing with other candidates too.

Interview Questions

• Casual conversation.... Interested in previous experience mostly. I didn't find there were any pointless or pre-scripted questions which was nice.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was unorthodox for me at least, I went through 5 interviews and 1 which was an actual face to face. The rest were skype and facetime. They asked where I would like to work and made it seem like I was chosen until I stopped hearing and decided to write and was told I was not chosen. Definitely a waste of time

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for sony playstation   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Very corporate. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

For Sony Santa Monica studio.

Applied online and received an email with a rather large programming test to be completed in a week. The test covered a wide variety of C++ and Assembly questions. Surprisingly, they had quite a bit of depth to them. I submitted my work and was told they decided to move on 3 days later. I emailed back asking for feedback and kindly enough the gentleman responded with some notes. His tone seemed very firm and disappointed almost, I got quite a lot wrong. But, I was very greatful he responded as most interviewers don't bother giving feedback at all. I knew exactly what I had to address to improve. Very greatful for that.

Interview Questions

• Given this C++ code and the following dissasembly for the code after it is compiled, rewrite the C++ so that the dissasembly is better optimized.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (Foster City, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me first, then she arranged the interview for me. However, actually since I speaked Chinese too much, failed at the beginning of the interview which talked about the weather.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (Redwood City, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

it is fairly smooth process. the presentation to group member was beginning of interview followed by 1:1 interview. the questions are very generic. but it would be better to prepare details of your strong research point to sell yourself.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone interview, followed by a four hour onsite interview. Onsite was several rounds with 2-3 people each including managers, other developers and a BA. I enjoyed talking to all except for two developers who were rude. One repeatedly cut me off before I could finish answering questions. The other guy paid almost no attention to me, using his iPhone the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR stuff + a lot of Java questions. Nothing that complicated   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PlayStation (Aliso Viejo, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Extremely fast process (less than 2 weeks). Started with a Phone interview, then had to do a short programming test and finally an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of 3 phases:
    1) A group "huddle" with almost everyone on the team. Just talked about my resume and probed me for more info on experience. Normal stuff
    2) An algorithm test where a couple of the engineers gave a problem statement, where I needed to develop and algorithm to solve the problem in the lease complexity as possible.
    3) A design session where a couple different engineers from the last group gave a high-level description of a system was given and I needed to provide an architectural design that fit the criteria. Lots of white boarding and back and for with the engineers.

Interview Questions

• The algorithm question that was asked was the classic Google interview question "Beating the stock market" question, as found in "Hacking the Google Interview".   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

30 minute phone screen followed by 2 onsite interview.
    1st one was technical with multiple interviewers. Lasted for 3 hours. Involved a lot of hands on JAVA, SQL, and other programming related questions
    2nd one was mostly related to salary, work environment, expectations etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not much negotiable. Accepted as offered which was decent.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

At some point in the process at Gaikai, they just decided they weren't interested in continuing the interview process. Now they won't even respond to me. I've written a few times -- not even a reply to say they're not interested. Pretty rude, I think.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to see code samples, so I sent some over. They say "don't use frameworks," but in the same sentence they say to show work done in React or Angular, which are frameworks.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.