Rapid7 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 18 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Nowhere, OK (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview scheduled but recruiter did not call. Followed up with an email asking to reschedule the interview but the recruiter did not respond. Looking at other reviews, it seems this isn't too uncommon.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

Job description seems like it matched my experience. Submitted my resume and got a call from the recruiter. Turns out the recruiter didn't even look at my resume before speaking with me. Waste of time and they should make the job description more accurate. Very unprofessional and I guess the reviews here are true...

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with sql, etc?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (El Segundo, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

First phone interview, with recruiter, purely non technical. On site interview, within 2 weeks, consisted of 4 half hour interviews. 2 technical and 2 behavioral. Technical Interview questions were vague, and it was hard to decipher what the question really asked.

Interview Questions

• Java questions, basic. Second guy just drilled into my resume skills, and basically discussed my projects, and what the hard parts were.   Answer Question

Software Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Cambridge, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening initially. That went well so I was offered to come in for a physical interview. During that I met with 5 people, where the last 2 were together. They were all employees, some of them I'd be working with. They all asked about what I knew and what I wanted to do. No real technical questions beyond what was described below. The job was listed as entry level with no professional experience required, but in the end they said they wanted someone who had at least a year, so that is why I am giving this a no opinion.

Interview Questions

• Create a linked list in java that supported add and remove. Numbers are added in ascending order, so if the list was 1,3,5 and 4 was added it would look like 1,3,4,5.   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rapid7 (El Segundo, CA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

I received an email inquiry from a Rapid7 internal recruiter based on my profile on a jobs site. He told me a little about the position, and I sent him my resume to pass on to the hiring manager.

Some time later, I had a phone screen with the QA manager. It consisted primarily of spot-check technical questions and a fair share of QA methodology questions.

Later that week I went in for my in-person interviews. First I met with a couple of would-be colleagues, who asked me a few technical questions but spent most of their time on QA philosophy / ideological compatibility questions. That same day I had a 1-on-1 with the head of QA.

They called me back in the next week to meet with one of the founders, who promptly decided not to give me the job.

The main thing I remember about the whole experience is seeing the sales floor, which resembled the movie Boiler Room (2000). Lots of people speaking VERY LOUDLY into phones, wearing slacks and dress shirts. One guy had a (sheathed) samurai sword over his shoulder as he was making his sales call.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a login page (account, password fields)?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an incident you regret from your career.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Disorganized interview process. Each interviewer had different perception of role and how it would serve his or her department. None of the interviewers seemed able to be able to speak to the company's differentiation in the cyber security industry other than it offering free snacks. The personality assessment was basic in comparison to those that most companies use. Did not seem able to speak substantively of the company other repeating their official motto of "D.B.A.A" which is an acronym for something rather crass and an effort to exude a start-up vibe. I took a half day off of paid time off to interview at the company and no one ever had the decency to follow up with me. A lot of this is very basic interview protocol (keeping interviews on time, offering water and restroom breaks, following-up after the interview) so the disorganization seemed indicative of a larger company culture.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Initially, there was a lot of phone tag between the manager and myself. He said the end of the month was very hectic and busy and that was why. I then had a brief interview with the recruiter for the company and she got back to me very quickly to schedule an interview. My first interview consisted of seperate interviews with three managers. The first interview was a lot of small talk and him telling me more about the company. The other two interviewers asked me the typical interview questions. We went over my resume, my strengths weaknesses, and why I was interested in a job with rapid7.

I received an email two days after my first interview to set up a second. In my second interview I shadowed a sales rep that does what I would potentially be doing if hired. The atmosphere is very casual (not to mention I was there on a Friday and the end of the month). The sales force was really young and lively. I then talked to another manager and I though things went well. After the second interview (which I believe was the final round) i sent thank you notes and followup emails and didn't receive a response. I then sent an email to a different person hoping to get a response. I got an email back saying they would let me know a decision by the end of the week. I never received a decision.

Interview Questions

• Having never done cold calling before and not knowing details about their product, the role play of a phone call was difficult   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

It is split into three thirty minute interviews where three people come in back-to-back to review your overall character and work history, your sales ability, and your work ethic. It is in a rather casual setting, but they are testing you out throughout the whole process. You need to sell yourself at the end

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 in March 2017.

Interview

Confirmed for an initial telephone interview with HR. Scheduled time came and went without a call. Over the course of four weeks, I followed up with the recruiter three times and sent an email to their careers@ with an inquiry, none of which were met with a response. I noticed an "interview feedback" email address in their resume received confirmation email, and offered feedback. Later in the day, I received a poorly worded response from the recruiter stating the role had been put on hold, restarted, and they were in final stages with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to participate in a telephone conversation about the role?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rapid7 in January 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen. We both agreed on being a good fit for the role and gave me "two thumbs up." Followed up with an email the next day saying I wasn't a good fit. Confusing and misleading which merits 1 start

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new role?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.