Rapid7 Reviews

Updated 10 May 2021

4.3
Rapid7 President and Chief Executive Officer Corey E. Thomas
Corey E. Thomas
Pros
  • "Realistic expectations meaning amazing work-life balance and low stress; if you so choose it (there's always more work to be done)(in 17 reviews)

• "Great culture, excellent products, opportunity to really grow as a mid-early career sales professional(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Perhaps the trade off is increased work/life balance, which is nice(in 26 reviews)

• "fast paced sometimes comes at lack of coordination(in 14 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

Good to work in this company

Cons

Good learning to work in this company

2. "its good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Trainee in Greater Noida

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy work over her no worries

Cons

nothing i can come acrossss dont worry

"Be Careful"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

Great sales training and they know their product, market, and strategy very well. They care a lot about your success (almost to a fault). Great product in the industry and well regarded individuals powering their products today.

Cons

You're going to be heads down working 60 - 80 hour weeks for at least 7 months. Unless you started there out of college, they are going to look at you funny and think that you don't know how to sell. They will gaslight you into you sell the "right way". Even then they will continually put you down and make you feel worthless. Even if you do exactly what they say, they will tell you that you are "stupid" and "not understanding it fast enough". They will want to test you and hope you leave so they don't have to fire you. There are thousands of technology companies people can work for and I have seen many people leave Rapid7 in under 2 years. That is not a great sign and something any job seeker should look out for. Actions speak louder than words.

Continue reading
  4. "Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant

I worked at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

Good people, rewarding and fun culture

Cons

Nothings specific that I can think of

5. "Great place to work if you enjoy cutting edge tech"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

Great career development opportunities, sales support resources, enablements, and technology provided.

Cons

Product and services are changing consistently forcing you to have to do a lot of enablements of what you sell and how to properly position against competitors. High level of technical knowledge will be required

"You're graded on your work, not appearances"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Brilliant engineering managers who give timely feedback, mentor well and keep you in the loop - Amazing events organized by Workplace Experience Coordinators - Great higher level management - Engineers are given time and resources to address technical debt - No micro-management; what matters is the work you deliver - Very flexible work-hours; as long as you attend your meetings and get your work done, no questions are asked - Realistic expectations meaning amazing work-life balance and low stress; if you so choose it (there's always more work to be done) - Great testing approach (TDD) which means high velocity and confidence in product along with frequent deployments - Great compensation and benefits: RSUs with frequent vesting, ESPP, yearly bonus, good life/health insurance, pension plan with great employee matching on contributions - Generally all great engineers in the office (few bad apples who have no attention to detail or aren't good collaborators or sadly both) - Engineers own the technical side, if you want to change anything you can as long as you get your pull request reviewed

Cons

- There's A LOT of legacy components and a lot of work to be done to be able to scale more efficiently and addressing technical debt - Office politics: if you're not liked by a clique of people at the top you're probably screwed, you'll have a toxic employment and have people talking behind your back, there's certainly a few people you want to avoid as much as possible

Continue reading
  7. "Amazing Place to Work"

Former Employee - Workplace Experience Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapid7 is a great work environment and community. I had an amazing boss when I was there who was extremely supportive. My job put me in a position where I interacted with all the different teams at Rapid7 and everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly. Also great benefits and general work/life balance understanding and support.

Cons

The Boston office is large (700 + employees), so if you do not enjoy large workplaces it may be overwhelming.

8. COVID-19

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Support Engineer

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

- Rapid7 invests a lot of money to keep their teams morale high. - They encourage you to network outside of your comfort zone/chat with people that you normally would never speak to within the company. - Unlimited PTO is a really great benefit. - They give nice swag. - I really like the CEO. He gives crystal clarity into the company's efforts, position in the market and company performance.

Cons

- Some of their investments that they use to keep team morale high include cameo's where they pay like $750 for a 1 minute clip of a celebrity reading a script. Would be nice to see that either be reinvested somehow or help out an employee in need, especially during a pandemic. This is just my personal opinion. - Career growth. Rapid7 is not a small company, but is also not a large company. Internal availability for growth is not as frequent as a larger company. - Pay: From the research I've gathered, they pay below average compared to the market. Perhaps the trade off is increased work/life balance, which is nice.

9. COVID-19

"So So"

Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time

Pros

- Competitive Pay when hired externally, and generous benefits - Great executive leadership team - Good work/life balance - Strong and steady organization, and reliable products - Really smart and great people who work hard across all organizations within Rapid7 - Heavy focus on diversity and inclusion

Cons

- The support team and engineering teams who support customers for enablement are extremely understaffed. While it's been approved to hire some more people next year, realistically the teams need extreme growth rather than just a few heads. This leads to long wait times for technical help and support case resolutions, and angry customers. In short, Rapid7 has not scaled the technical support to help customers. If you are 100% internally facing I'd imagine you wouldn't run into this issue, but if you are considering a customer facing role at Rapid7, it's an important con to weigh out. - Customer Success Managers are not properly enabled to learn the products especially when the technical resources are so limited. - Managers can be very hit or miss department to department - Lack of clear internal processes making it very challenging to problem solve especially if you are new to Rapid7, and/or working remote during COVID - Compensation discrepancies with people who have grown through Rapid7 vs. hired externally (in favor of people who have been hired externally)

10. "Salary"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapid7 has a great office

Cons

This is a demanding job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 352 Reviews