Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Red Hat Interview Questions

Interviews at Red Hat

Principal Interaction Designer Interview

Interview

I applied and immediately was contacted by a recruiter to set up a Zoom call. We spoke, told me they would follow up upon sharing details with the hiring manager, never heard back. Contacted twice throughout the course of 3 weeks, not a word. Very unprofessional. A point of interest, their interaction designer sits in the marketing org vs your product or eng. Something to take note...

Manager Interview

Interview

The Red Hat interview process was bizarre to say the least. I never did figure out why the didn't extend me an offer, but so it goes. I hope they found the right person!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round:30 mins chat with recruiters, taking about resume, why you apply and what you want to obtain from this job. Also talk about your passion and your expected salary.
    Second and Third round:talk with the HM in the team you applied, basic tech questions and your knowledge of this product

Interview Questions

• The time complexity of append a element in Python List   1 Answer

Interview

It was a long preliminary screening process prior to the actual interview. Started in April and lasted a few months. Following that, the in-person interview was with 5 employees (4 face-to-face and 1 via video conferencing).

Interview Questions

• Questions were around experience, goals, strengths, and more.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Straightforward. I was contacted by HR regarding the position a week or two after submitting my application. The interview process consisted of 5 steps (HR, direct superior interview, team interview, hypothetical problem/exercise, final team interview) beginning to end and took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the removal (with no replenishment) of critical project resources?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Pretty basic, consisted of the technical assessment and technical interview. I initially applied at a diversity conference where they asked me to take a technical test and then I proceeded on to a technical interview where I was interviewed by 3 people

Interview Questions

• Mostly OOP related questions and real life scenarios   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I was referred via the Ambassador Referral program. I was told by my manager that there were several Technical Writer positions available. During the initial phone screen the recruiter did not seem enthused and unprepared. He then told me that someone else had been chosen for the first opening. I thought that was the end of my interview opportunities at Red Hat.

Then, a week later he contacted me again about another TW position. I had a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager who was very professional and likable. There was also a writing assessment which was not as intimidating as I had imagined. Basically, multiple choice grammar and clarity questions and rewriting several product descriptions. Within an hour after speaking with her, a different recruiter contacted me about the next steps in the interview process. The next interview was a 2 hour interview with 4 team members. Many of the questions were competency based questions. So, look those up online and be prepared to give examples from previous jobs. A week after interview 3 I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you made a big impact on the business at your last job.   Answer Question

Data Entry Especialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Hat (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

It was quick and easy. The recruiter made me direct questions with easy understanding. It was all online, trough whatsapp. I'm still waiting on the company for a yes or no. Overall It was just great.

Interview Questions

• If I feel comfortable working independently.
      What I do if I feel bored during the work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview process was very organized and smooth.
    I was contacted via email by HR and the interview was scheduled at my convenience. After the interview, I received the decision in 2-3 days.

Senior Technical Writer/Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat in August 2020.

Interview

1) Referred to several technical writing positions

2) Phone screen

3) Told that am considered for the senior level tech writing positions only. I was also told that a manager had a lot of enthusiasm towards my application.

4) Interview with a hiring manager who asked the exact same questions as the phone screener. When I went to elaborate my answers, I was told that it wasn't necessary to elaborate for some reason. The hiring manager then explained the team's structure. When I asked some follow up questions about the team's structure, the manager kept stressing that there were lots of management changes going on. I was told that there was lots of uncertainty apparently.

5) Given an old take home assignment. There was a huge bug with the product that I was told to write about, so I diagnosed potential issues and had some solutions at the ready.

6) Ghosted.

After seeing everywhere that they were still recruiting for the position, I assumed I was out of the running. I applied to another position 3 months later, but I was told I was still in the running for the senior technical writing position. I withdrew.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Linux before?
      Have you done technical writing before?
      take home assignment   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.