Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Red Hat Interview Questions

Interviews at Red Hat

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Pretty basic, consisted of the technical assessment and technical interview. I initially applied at a diversity conference where they asked me to take a technical test and then I proceeded on to a technical interview where I was interviewed by 3 people

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I was referred via the Ambassador Referral program. I was told by my manager that there were several Technical Writer positions available. During the initial phone screen the recruiter did not seem enthused and unprepared. He then told me that someone else had been chosen for the first opening. I thought that was the end of my interview opportunities at Red Hat.

Then, a week later he contacted me again about another TW position. I had a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager who was very professional and likable. There was also a writing assessment which was not as intimidating as I had imagined. Basically, multiple choice grammar and clarity questions and rewriting several product descriptions. Within an hour after speaking with her, a different recruiter contacted me about the next steps in the interview process. The next interview was a 2 hour interview with 4 team members. Many of the questions were competency based questions. So, look those up online and be prepared to give examples from previous jobs. A week after interview 3 I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you made a big impact on the business at your last job.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Straightforward. I was contacted by HR regarding the position a week or two after submitting my application. The interview process consisted of 5 steps (HR, direct superior interview, team interview, hypothetical problem/exercise, final team interview) beginning to end and took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the removal (with no replenishment) of critical project resources?   Answer Question

Data Entry Especialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Hat (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

It was quick and easy. The recruiter made me direct questions with easy understanding. It was all online, trough whatsapp. I'm still waiting on the company for a yes or no. Overall It was just great.

Interview Questions

• If I feel comfortable working independently.
      What I do if I feel bored during the work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview process was very organized and smooth.
    I was contacted via email by HR and the interview was scheduled at my convenience. After the interview, I received the decision in 2-3 days.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The process was very thorough with up front skills evaluation and a presentation at the end of the process. The first skills assessment used hackerrank which I found reasonable and something that most companies should require.

Interview Questions

• Of course the situational questions about conflict or challenges.   1 Answer
    • Recent technical projects with details on presentation of solutions.   1 Answer

Various Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Technical recruiter reviews application. If you are deemed a potential fit, you’ll have a call with the recruiter, who will then pass notes to the hiring manager. If the hiring manager wants to proceed, you will have another 30 minute call. If you advance, you will have what they call a panel interview, which is essentially 3-5 30 minute interviews with various team members. Those are the most fun because you get to engage with potential future team members and learn a lot about the role.

I’ve interviewed for three different but related jobs and worked with three different recruiters. They are not the best at communicating and closing loops, so pay attention to your portal. Most recently, after two calls, I emailed twice during the two weeks following the second call and never heard back, but my portal was finally updated to say I was no longer under consideration. This news would have been better presented through an email response from the recruiter.

For another position, the recruiter extended a verbal offer. Several days later, it was basically rescinded by saying that they last minute filled it internally but requesting that I interview for another related position because the team thought I was a good fit. I agreed, and after a couple interviews for that position, I was abruptly told that it, too, had been filled.

Overall, there does not seem to be great transparency and communication.

Interview Questions

• Personality and work philosophy / approach questions, like “talk about how you approach <insert job/specific question here>” and “how do you handle getting information you need for your job that isn’t readily available?”   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Hat (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I got a referral from one of my friends who works at Red Hat. Got an email from HR two days after the referral for a phone interview.

Overall it was only one interview with HR, and it was pretty quick, surprisingly.

Unfortunately I was told that the job was already filled a couple of weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of your previous experience going help the design team? (My previous job was in a different field)

What professional experiences do you have in regards to using Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign?   Answer Question

Diversity and Inclusion Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Initial communication was great, but that did not hold true for the entire process. The interviewer was very inexperienced and it was clear had not reviewed my resume before interview; she failed to ask me any relevant questions. It was also incredibly telling that I showed up to my video interview in a blazer and the interviewer was in a dirty hoodie.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat in April 2020.

Interview

TLDR:
    3 rounds, 2 months, 7 people

I applied online through the Red Hat website after finding the job on LinkedIn. I heard from a recruiter within 2 days. A week later I had a video interview scheduled with the hiring manager. A day later I was told I would be moving onto panel interviews. A week later the panel interviews happened. I interviewed with 4 people back to back over video chat. Everyone who interviewed me was very well prepared and easy to talk to. It was more of a conversation which was welcome. Each interview was setup for 45 minutes (3 hours total). I thought everything wen't well but I didn't hear back from the recruiter until 3 weeks later, despite 2 emails and a phone call. They were still considering other candidates which was fine but that wasn't communicated at all during those 3 weeks. Once I heard back that they were still interested I had an interview with a Sr. Manager and a Director whom are above the hiring manager. A week later I had an offer which I accepted. I did have to work with two different recruiters which was a bit confusing.

Interview Questions

• How do you troubleshoot a specific computer problem (i.e hardware failure, etc)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.