Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2018

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with the hiring manager, the level-up manager, and two peers. The interview style was 1:1 (versus group interview).

Interview Questions

• Let's say you were on a project, and you disagreed with the solution everyone was moving toward. How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Applied online through Red Hat website. The HR told me that a manager was interested in my resume and offered an interview. Got an offer that later got retracted. However, the interview did go well, and the HR was pleasant to talk to.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

HR mentioned, during the initial fielding call, that the hiring process would take a little over 6 weeks.

Initial fielding call to discuss soft-skills and vet

Second call is detailed, and with someone from the department in question.

Third call, prior to onsite interview, is with HR.

The company is very transparent about processes; and guides you along during the process to ensure that you understand how you will be evaluated.

I would suggest reading a book on CBBI, and watching a few videos. You should also make a matrix of interesting stories and use cases from your career that you and pull from.

Everyone who works at the company seems thrilled to be there. If you are a true believer in open source, and also have proclivities towards the business end, then this is the place for you.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then i was informed that i would be having an on-site interview with the hiring manager. The interview was very professional and happened for about 40 mins. Was explained about the technologies i would be working with and was given a demo of the same. Overall satisfying experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Current technologies i had learnt and some products related to Red Hat.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Talent HR contacted my by email to arrange phone interview for the next day. I replied her email says i'm ok with the time. On the day there's no phone from her and i tried to email her to reschedule the interview but no response. When i checked my status on red hat career web my status already change to "no longer under consideration". I just dont understand. If they don't consider me why they emailed me asking for a phone interview?

Interview Questions

• questioning timing for the best time for phone interview   Answer Question

Middleware Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was initially contact by a Red Hat recruiter from the Raleigh, NC Offer via LinkedIn on January 23rd. The job sounded interesting and after doing some research I agreed to an initial phone screen. That went well and recruiter sent me a link to do a online test via hackerrank.com.

I completed the test a few days later and inform the recruiter. She said that I passed and would speak with a Red Hat consultant as the next step in the process. The consultant asked me some basic technical questions and I had a chance to ask some questions about position.

I assumed that went well because two days later I got a call from their interview coordinator to come up to Sunnyvale for a face to face. I was literally rushed up for that interview. I got contacted on Wednesday and without any consideration for my schedule was "told" to be in Sunnyvale on Friday! On top of that I had to prepare for a 20 minute live presentation on something I had implemented in the past. My initial reaction was to push back and reschedule for the following week. But I decided to push through and do the interview on Friday because they seem really interested in me.

Arrived at the interview on Friday and meet with a few people in the Sunnyvale office. I was asked lots of behavioral questions like most people has mention. I personally feel the interview went well and I had a good rapport with everyone. I put on a really great presentation and left the interview feeling certain I was going to get an offer within a week.

Fast forward one month later and I still have not heard anything from Red Hat so I assume I didn't get the job. As one other reviewer said they went "radio silent"! That was true in my case as well. After rushing me to the interview they haven't had the decency to send me a rejection email. I even contacted the recruiter two weeks after the last interview and she responded to my email and said she would check and get back with me but she never did. So I'm not going to chase this anymore. Its just frustrating to put so much effort into an interview and not get any feedback. The only good think is that Red Hat reimbursed me for my travel expenses and I got to visit Silicone Valley.

This is probably for the best because I was never 100% sure I could handle the amount of travel required for that position.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Online technical interview. Lasted 4 hours. The interviewer told me something about the current project and conduct 2 practical algorithm test. Concerning JSON object type casting. I finished one of them and the second one due to java Map restriction was not done. Got an email the next day saying I was not ideal for the job beacuse of programming communication.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Got in touch with a recruiter from the career fair. Emailed me about interviewing with multiple managers in the company for possible positions. Had Phone interviews with the managers, the managers said that they will reply within a week or two at maximum. Received no reply even after 4 weeks. Sent a follow-up email to the recruiter and got to know that the managers moved forward with other candidates. The interviews went quite well since they were mostly about my resume and my experiences. They seemed quite positive about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your resume shows that your interests are in other areas, why do you want to work here at this position?   Answer Question

Principal Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1) Pre-screening with HR for 20 minutes.
    2) Technical Discussion with Hiring Manager - Kind of Previous experience and Role interview questions. Interview mode - Video call. My Role is into Data Analytics and JBoss Data Grid solutions.
    3) Upon positive feedback from Previous round, the second level of technical discussion. Scenario based and problem solving skills to real-time use case scenario.
    Interview Mode - Video call or Onsite. In my case it was a video call.
    Questions: How do you design a better data ingestion process? Illustrate the steps for collaborative filtering techniques that you used in your use case? Why do you choose to go for that Algorithm?
    4) Upon positive feedback from Previous round, one more round of technical discussion with Senior Principal Architect.
    Questions were Difference between Hortonworks distribution lake vs Cloudera Distribution Lake? What kind of NLP algorithms have you used in your use case?
    5) Onsite Interview at Bangalore office, again project experience and some technical questions with presentations skills.
    6) Final discussion with all the panelists with technical and scenario based handling questions.
    Hence there were totally 6 rounds of interview with Red Hat. Each round is an elimination round. Please give more emphasize on your usecase and business justification taken to decide your technology stack. Each interview is very mature, professional and friendly process. Definitely makes you excited to be a part of their team.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

The recruiter conducted an initial phone interview to vet my high level background against the sales openings. The recruiter was very informative and helpful in terms of understanding the roles, company, and what it takes to be a successful employee. The next steps were an onsite interview by committee followed by a sales role play.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.