Red Hat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Red Hat Interview Questions

Updated 11 Sep 2018

1. Featured Interview

Contract Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter then interview on the phone by two or three people then had an in person interview with three different people. Got an offer within a week or two.

Corporate Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Had a 30-minute phone interview with the senior director then was invited to a panel interview. Red Hat selected 5 individuals who represented each of the core company values. I found after I was hired that if any one of them had given a strong thumbs down, it put tremendous pressure on the hiring manager if he/she wanted to override the decision. So yes, collaboration starts on the very first interaction with the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you get people to adopt safety principles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Offer was generous and accepted.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online through their company's career page for a summer internship position. About 2-3 weeks later, I received a phone call from the head of the Performance Engineering Team stating that they wanted me to meet with the team (which consisted of about 5 engineers in total). Later that week, I received a mail from their HR scheduling my interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly a behaviorial. They just wanted to see if I had any experience in the work they were doing - performance profiling. The team was extremely friendly and asked me a lot about my projects and my previous work ex. Unfortunately, they were looking for someone with a stronger Python skills and more experience with performance optimization than what I had had, and therefore didn't get the offer. They relayed the message to through a phone call, which was rather surprising since most rejections are done through mail. However, the entire experience was extremely smooth.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I met some Red Hat representatives from the Raleigh office at my University's career fair, dropped off a Resume and was contacted about arranging a first round interview. I met with one of the guys on the consulting team and had a time talking about Red Hat's role in the Linux community both in regards to business and charity programs. I was told that the interview would be mostly technical but at no point was I ever drilled with coding questions.

Later on, I was invited to a final round interview in Raleigh which involved a dinner with Red Hat employees from all over the country working in a variety of different departments, as well as a corresponding multi-part interview that occurred the next day at the office. It was clear to me that these interviews were designed to find a good project fit for me as most of the questions centered around personal business interests and opinions of project management and organization (e.g. hinting at what kind of clients would you want to work with).

I was given an offer about 2 weeks later from the recruiter in which I was given multiple location options. While it was kind of scary waiting for so long after the interview, overall, I was very pleased with the way the process was handled and how courteous everyone was during each stage of the process. The interviewers didn't go off a script or anything, unlike a lot of the other jobs I had interviewed for this year, and seemed genuinely interested in everything I had to say. Red Hat clearly values your personality and is definitely devoted to putting together a diverse and interesting community of employees, regardless of what their position may be.

Interview Questions

• How much does a 747 weight?   1 Answer
    • Let's say you get started on a new project you know nothing about, what are some of the questions you would ask before getting started?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a pretty awesome starting package, so I wasn't about to complain.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Tysons, VA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Intense, after a few telephone interviews I drove in to the office to interview in person. A lot of brain teasers. They prefer people with an extreme learning curve so don't worry if your not an expert. I had less than 6 months of programming experience but still got the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of technical programming questions. Some easy just to see that your not making stuff up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got 70 000 and accepted.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Excellent interview process. Initially, it was a sit-down interview at an on-campus location, followed by a phone screen and then headquarters interview day. The final set of interviews at headquarters included white boarding for technical position but no actual coding or "brain teaser" problems. Standard interview questions and scenario situations included.

Interview Questions

• Regarding a prior software system I had designed and developed, I was asked to sketch the architecture and briefly explain reasoning.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

Interview process was not bad at all. Mostly focused on Java technical aspects, but if you know any OOP you should have no problem figuring it out. They like to probe you, so don't get frustrated if they move a little outside the bounds of what you are comfortable explaining. Overall a really great experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Red Hat (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired out of college so there was, if I recall correctly, a short on-campus interview where they asked mostly technical questions, but they were not that difficult. Mostly making sure you have knowledge of OO principles and Java. My understanding is that this interview is mostly judging whether they think you are smart enough to work at the company. There was a second round interview where they mostly try to sell you on the company by taking you out for dinner and talking about the company, followed the next day by short interviews. But I was told that if you make it to this stage, they've basically made up their mind that you can get a job if it is a good fit. I think one thing that helped was socializing with the Red Hat employees that were there. They like to have fun and work with fun people.

Interview Questions

• One thing I remember is that they set up a simple business problem and asked how you would design a solution using OO principles. But it was very simple and not a realistic business scenario.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

I got into it though university. I just had to hand in my resume and talk to the person representing Red Hat and they flew me into headquarters - that was an awesome experience. Really friendly people and awesome crowd. I was the only girl there as a candidate, I believe. I didn't see any females really high up in the company. I guess that gave me an advantage?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Associate Consultant?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A first round interview on-campus mainly consisting questions about Object-Oriented programming in Java. Second round interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews both behavioral and technical. They want to see if you know coding, but in addition, if you have a personality that fits well with consulting.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.