S&P Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

S&P Global Interview Questions

Interviews at S&P Global

Market Intelligence Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Interview process took one week. Before that, I submitted my application and completed a finance assessment. A week later I had a 30 minute phone screen with the recruiter then a 1 hour interview (1 person for 30 mins and 2 people for the next 30)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult client.
      Explain the three financial statements.
      Explain a finance related topic of your choice.
      Why S&P? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at S&P Global (Charlottesville, VA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The initial interview with S&P was a phone screen with a recruiter. The experience was very pleasant and we just went over the details of the position, a little about the company and it's culture, and my personal experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with data analytics and how comfortable are you working with data?   Answer Question

Associate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Phone screening, Video interview, in person interview. The video interview and in person interview is with several people throughout the company. I wish I could have learned a bit more about the company culture in the interview. Overall, it was fine though.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied this job via workday on 12/24 and received an email from a SP&G recruiter on 1/16 (Thursday) asking my availability for phone screen. I replied her email right way and she did not reply. Sent a follow-up email on the following day which is Friday, still no response so far. The next Monday will be a federal holiday and I don't expect the recruiter would work on that day. So what's next?

Interview Questions

• I would ask the recruiter to give me an example on time management.   Answer Question

Analyst, Capital IQ Division Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at S&P Global in January 2020.

Interview

Did an exam online first which covered basic economic concepts. Passing results were immediately shown. I was then notified that I would move on to a phone interview, which then would lead to a video/in-person interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

The interview was approximately 30 minutes. I enjoyed it because it was more of a conversation to get learn more about the company, interviewers, and share your interests. Unlike traditional interviews where you typically get asked questions that are all about your skills.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Call from internal recruiter. Phone chat with hiring manager. Assignment of two projects to be completed within one week. Required data for second project not forthcoming. No response for a couple of weeks and then told manager chose a candidate " more succinctly fit" . Job still posted after three weeks. Guess what the reason is.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global.

Interview

Screening phone call with the director - normal conversation and all that, nothing technical. My experience and work samples were discussed.

This is not exactly the machine learning engineer position where one expects in the market but merely a data engineer/software engineer position. They are looking for someone to build data pipeline/visualization tool. You will not be in charge of the (NLP) model training and enhancing the model efficiency; instead, data scientists in this company/organization will be responsible for that. From the discussion, there is not much room for employee growth regarding this position. If you want a stable job, this is the right place.

This company allows employees to work four days instead of five for a compressed schedule - pretty nice perk.

Interview Questions

• Which aspect of data science are u particular at, math, model/algorithm, devops, etc?   Answer Question

Associate Development Program Interview

Interview

it is very difficult to find advice on how to best prepare for the interview for this job. however it has so far been an exciting experience. after application screening, they give you a 10 question test and next is a phone screen. not sure what happens after that.

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at S&P Global (Littleton, CO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The process took about a month between the application to the final interview. It started with an online quiz to assess finance/accounting knowledge (easy questions). One phone interview with a recruiter, explaining the position/process and a couple of behavioral questions. Then two in-person interviews at their office, one webcam interview with a manager in New York, then a face-to-face interview with two managers at the office. More background/behavioral questions, with a few technical questions. Everyone I worked with was very kind, courteous, and prompt. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - What do you know about S&P Global/Why do you want the job
      - Common behavioral questions: Explain a time when...
      - Questions about courses you liked, and explain some concepts from said courses
      - "What are some things going on in the market right now?"
      - Financial statement questions: 3 parts of Cashflow Statement, Accounting Equation, etc.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.