Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) Interview Questions

Interviews at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US)

2.9

Cellular Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied for the position on Samsung online portal. Preliminary round to make sure the profile is genuine or not is performed. Later, some 6 rounds of Technical interviews. And the last round will be done by director. This is where, I think I lost.

Interview Questions

• All rounds of interview for me happened on a single day. Almost some 100 questions varying form technical rounds and day2day activities of my previous work profile.
      4G basics
      Test cases analysis
      test case based situation - Log analysis and the troubleshooting part.
      Previous projects activities - individual projects elemental level work and respective point of contacts
      Log analysis - Tput, Call processing, IMS, VoLTE, HO, 5G, Numerology, HARQ, EVS, DTMF, Issues reported and the approach of analysis, etc
      why samsung
      why need a change   Answer Question

Senior Storage Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1 phone interview, then onsite. 5 back-to-back round, can ask for a break if needed. No launch due to COVID19. Notify the result in 1 week.

15 min-30 min of behavior question, past experiences, and project listed on resume. Then Easy-Medium coding questions on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• LRU cache, add two numbers (in linked list), design a balanced tree.   Answer Question

CV/Deep Learning Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US).

Interview

Got an email on our university mailing list over which I sent my CV. Got an interview call a month later. Had two rounds of interviews, both heavily technical and spanning a wide range of topics including C++, image processing, deep learning etc.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to have a phone screen. The recruiter missed the scheduled time and I asked to reschedule. Upon rescheduling the recruiter missed the scheduled time the next week.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) in September 2019.

Interview

Process started our great. Super quick response from recruiter after I applied online. Great conversation with her, which at the end she said she needs to wait for the SVP to make some decisions. Weeks pass and then months, and nothing. I reach out to check in, days later an apology come. Months after I apply I finally receive notification that the SVP has decided on other candidates. Pretty unprofessional to drag people along like this.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with skills-based volunteering?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US).

Interview

Applied through portal online, connected to hiring manager. Had many emails and phone calls with hiring manager and HR to figure out team and process for hiring. Hired after about a month or so.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews; A screening call with HR and another with the hiring manager. Was scheduled for a onsite shortly after the second phone interview but a month out. The interview consisted of a presentation of previous project followed by 5 hours of 1-on-1's.
    Was completely ghosted after that process. All follow up e-mails and phone calls with no response. Samsung hasn't compensated me for any of the travel expenses I incurred either, which they said they would. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

About average call with a recruiter first, then interview with the hiring manager or team member (wasn't made clear). I was asked if I was Korean, which felt very discriminatory of them to ask me and should be illegal to ask if it isn't already. The individual could not communicate the technical questions very well and when asked to clarify they would just repeat themself and swap one example noun for another. I now understand why several former colleagues that went to Samsung left after very short stints. I was offered an on-site but declined. I won't apply here again and I would not recommend others to apply here.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with a few technical questions. On-site with 5 one-on-ones. No response regarding acceptance/rejection afterwards. Was provided hotel and flight; was promised reimbursement for rental car but was ghosted after the interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Semiconductor Inc (US) in January 2019.

Interview

First, I received a quick phone interview asking 6 muti-choice questions about c++. Then after a week, I got a phone interview with the hiring manager. She asked me about my experience on c++ programming and finally there is a coding problem to solve.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.