Shell Energy Retail Interview Questions

Updated 5 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 48 of over 48 interviews

Recruitment Agency9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Shell Energy Retail

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail

Interview

Nice, easy and fast. Easy questions based on your previous experience and role play (where you had to play the agent dealing with difficult customer). Overall nice experience and not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with difficult customer?
    Answer Question

Shell Energy Retail

Application

I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail

Interview

Applied, got a call asking a few questions and then was advised I would move forward with an interview which was the next week. Interview was broken down into being asked technical questions (specific to this role) and competency questions. Shell sends you a pack advising to prepare answers in the STAR style and also information about how to prepare and some additional information about the job, which was really good. Received feedback a week after, which was when it was promised

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shell Energy Retail

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail

Interview

Basic customer relations and sales was required and offered to train for up to 2 months . Knowledge of basic machinery not as important as customer relations . Overall very approachable as all I did was go to the local shell and ask about their vacancy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shell Energy Retail

Application

I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail

Interview

Angerufen und job bekommen....typ am telefon war sehr nett und wir haben uns gut verstanden. Ich hab den Job direkt bekommen. Ich bin sehr sehr zufrieden. Ich arbeite das jetzt seit vier Monaten und alles ist top top

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

The whole process was really insightful. Throughout the sessions the managers were all really supportive and helpful, the same can be said for the recruiters. Everyone really put me at ease. There was a variety of activities that gave me a great insight into the role and company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Birmingham, England, England)

Interview

Quick process which involved a telephone interview, typical questions asked when you need to show off on how much of a caring person you are. Due to COVID training will be provided and then be working from home.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

Applied thru their website, the next day received an invitation for an online assessment, which was a situational test (quite easy). Right after I completed the assessment I received an invitation to select a phone interview slot (15-minute slot). The interview itself was extremely short. First asked to tell what I know about the shell, then very basic strength-based questions, such as 'can you tell if a customer is angry from an email?'. Overall not a positive experience, the interviewer is just reading from the script not even trying to get to know you personally. From my first answer, I knew I'm not gonna get an offer, the person who interviewed me was very 'bland'.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shell Energy Retail

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail in Jul 2020

Interview

The interview itself was conducted over a 2 day period, entirely online (due to COVID-19) which went as follows: Pre-interview Opening evening with the managers, other candidates and a representative from the open university. Day 1 3 aptitude tests (which narrowed down candidates) and a short presentation in front of all interviewees and managers (related to a hobby, interest or activity). Day 2 A team exercise (with three interviewees and 3 interviewers) and a final, 45 minute individual interview with 2 interviewers. The interview was conducted with a uniform set of questions in order to compare all candidates fairly. The interview was well structured with specific time-slots throughout the days given to you prior to the interviews, the process itself, despite being very competitive, had a relaxed atmosphere; you are given the opportunity to ask questions, speak to other interviewees and managers informally (by joining the calls early), the questions were not designed to be necessarily too difficult or technical, and the managers/interviewers ease you into the interviews very well.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do to prepare for this interview
  • A few "tell me about a time when" style questions
  • A few "what do you think the most important qualities of someone who x" style questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

The telephone interview process was smooth. But the virtual part was good to the point of the phone call test which to my ability, i handled quite well but was later told it was the only part i did not get right.

Interview Questions
  • How would you address a complain from a customer about the broadband not coming up and he needed it fixed for a meeting he has for 11am? Role Play
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cove, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Cove, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

There was a group session explaining the interview process. I would describe the Interview process as a journey by you demonstrating your skill set in a given scenario.. Finally a 1-2-1 interview with a Manager asking supplementary questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would improve customer journey within prepayment metering?
5 people found this interview helpful