Softcat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Softcat Interview Questions

Interviews at Softcat

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (London, KY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Honestly just be able to make them laugh. Its probably hands down the most easiest interview i've ever gone to. But yeah, Defo do some research. Talk about P.kelly it always gets them excited and the things hes done good for the company, this is important as he was the founder.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about softcat(abcd questions)   1 Answer

11 Sep 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review on the interview process. Though we are looking for candidates that align with our culture and having a good sense of humor is always nice, it's not the only thing we look out for in the assessment and interview process. We do look for candidates to align with our core values of being Fun, Passionate, Responsible and Intelligent, and will be assessing candidates against these, alongside how they demonstrate the right behaviours and competencies to be successful in the role. The Sales position doesn't necessarily require previous experience, so ensuring you can showcase how you'd approach the role and have the right attitude is key!

Rachel Cowell - Recruitment Manager

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England (UK)) in June 2020.

Interview

submitted CV then personality questionnaire were you just had to select adjectives that describe you then a video interview where they asked 10 questions. did not pass the interview but they gave specific feedback which I appreciated because some companies you get to the 4th round and they don't even bother giving you feedback

think what you need to convey during the video interview is 1) why sales 2) why soft cat 3) why you are suitable for the job

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

15 Jun 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience, it's really valuable. I am really glad also that though this time round it didn't work out, that we could provide you with the constructive feedback to ensure you can develop for the next application and interview you do.

Good luck in the future

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a online interview. This was a pre-recorded interview so you're just recording yourself. There were about 4 questions asked. Quite easy in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

5 May 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your review, we wish you the best in your future job hunt.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2020.

Interview

Completed a video interview, standard questions about my strengths and weaknesses and was invited to the assessment day. There were only 3 other candidates there (though they did say this was abnormal for them). The first stage was a presentation about softcat, which you should pay attention to, as it then turns into a quiz on your phone against the other candidates. They say they tally the scores from this, but it seemed more of a fun ice breaker to me. The second phase was an individual task, where you are given an item (for us, it was a stationary set and a cassette tape) and you are asked in turn to give a feature of the item, and a benefit of this feature (eg, it’s bright, so it stands out). This is to test how you think on your feet so make sure you’re able to think of literally anything (one person even talked about the barcode). Next up, they bought an employee in posing as the owner of a business. We were given around 5 minutes as a group to prepare questions for him, and then 5 minutes again to interview him. Make sure your voice is heard here, but don’t be overpowering. Then, based on the answers, you need to prepare an individual presentation (1 minute long) about what you’ve designed for the individual, based on what you feel they wanted. It’s SO important here you really focus on what the client wants, and during the questions, make sure you’re focused on what you can do for them. After this presentation, you have another minute to convince them why they should hire you. My advice here would be to give real world experience - they don’t want to hear your CV repeated because they have it in front of them. What challenges have you overcome, how have you demonstrated the core values of softcat? You then find out whether you have been selected to move through to the next interview phase - for me, 2 out of 4 of us made it through to the next round. They give feedback on the spot which is great. A week later, I came back and had a meeting with 3 of the team leads. They asked me first to dump all the information I knew about softcat - how many offices they have (they also asked me where they were!), what they do, who they are. They stopped me after a while. Then, they asked me questions about my CV, what I’ve done before, whether I’m money driven (this is SO important again because for this role they want people who are driven by sales targets! It feels weird to brag about how much money you want but they were really keen on this!) They also asked me about whether I’ve ever worked to target, how I’ve shown the softcat values, what projects I’ve taken from beginning to end and how I dealt with the challenges. They asked me at the end whether I had any questions - I asked if they had any concerns about my competency for the job, and he said they love this question! I found out a couple of days later that I had got through this round and the last stage would be an interview with the head of sales. The call was really positive for me - I was quite worried about this as I’d seen other interviews on here where people had been rejected at this stage. But it was pretty informal, it was really just a chat about what I do outside of work for fun, again, what strengths I have etc. I asked again at the end of the call if he had any concerns, and he more or less hinted that I’d got the job. I found out a day or two after that I’d received my offer! It was a really good experience for me.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

17 Sep 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review and congrats on your offer, welcome to Softcat :)

Sales Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat.

Interview

3 types of interview. One call with HR, then a web call (video call) and final call with an apprentice manager to see how to gain relationship over the phone.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Apr 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience, we're excited for you to join us :)

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Booked straight onto assessmen centre from recruiter. Only thing had to do before was a personality triat test. Assessment centre had a presentation, quick fire sales game/task, fact finder.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Apr 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review and wish you success in the future

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Assessment day followed which included a mock 2 minute pitch of how to sell software to a various client (my example was a small law firm.) This process also included a sales pitch of having to come up with different ways in a group of selling a stationary set. Ifsuccessful with a 3 on 1 interview discussing the company and your experience in more detail.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit in a sales role?   1 Answer

17 Sep 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience, and wish you all the best in your future search

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Was approached on LinkedIn. Complete some simple/easy personality tests online then invited to an AC. AC consisted of a quiz on top-level company information, a features/benefits task, a gatekeeper task, a presentation and an elevator pitch. Was not offered role due to insufficient questions asked in the gatekeeping task and the assessor didn't understand my sales motivation. You only have 2 minutes to pitch to them at the end which is not a long time (though I could have used it better), and my particular assessor was more interested in what was going on through the glass door behind me than what I was saying. Not something I would have applied for off my own back so its for the best I wasn't successful.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Mar 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your break down of the process and your experience.

We do thank you for taking the time to go through the process and attend the assessment day.

We do want to make sure that you're motivation for Sales is clear as it can be quite a tough job in the early days as you'll be doing lots of business development which can be made alot tougher if you aren't driven to sell.

We wish you well for the future

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The assessment day requires you to remember facts about softcat, group activities and an interview. Try and learn lots of facts for a small test they have and show that you understand the role they are being for. Just be calm and clear.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

6 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your recruitment experience with us, we're really glad that you were successful with us, all the best for a promising career at Softcat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Basic Behavioural Test: asking for words that best described you, followed by a well organised video interview that was focused on the company as a whole and then personal questions about sales experience, now onto an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

29 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.