Softcat Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 115 of over 115 interviews

Recruitment Agency11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Softcat

Application

I interviewed at Softcat

Interview

Group task, one on one interview, phone call with director to eventually get the job after the process which is described here. Everything felt very “dog eat dog while all looking friendly”

Interview Questions
  • What sort of verticals would you bring to us?
    Answer Question

Softcat

Application

I interviewed at Softcat

Interview

Very in-depth, which can be a lot of work as you have so much to prepare for, but it gets the best people for the job, so overall it's a good process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Softcat

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat

Interview

Over zoom due to the Covid restrictions. Applied online with first stage screening via a record your answers on video to a website style. Very impersonal and not a good experience. However, I did pass and the two people interviewing were very talkative and easy to get along with making it a pleasant second stage.

Interview Questions
  • They will follow up on the pre screening website answers so be ready to go more in depth. Other than that very standard questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Softcat

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat in May 2021

Interview

Really enjoyed the assessment centre. They provided all candidates with a lot of information, which allowed all participants to get a stronger understanding of the business. Really Kind and Friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Softcat (Bristol, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

PI and behavioural assessment - online Assessment Centre - online Panel Interview - remote The first part of the interview was great, and the tasks set off the back of the assessment centre were suitable. However, I feel that remote interviewing is a challenging process for a panel interview and I don't think they accounted for the candidate not being used to such a change. I was left feeling that the preparation I had done was completely wasted and they accused me of not having done any work and just reading for their website. I find this unacceptable especially when the feedback was positive from the Softcat employees (even discussing next steps). The emotional reaction of the recruiter was not of the same tone and was hugely accusatory that I was just reading their website to them and hence wasting their time!

Interview Questions
  • General description of my background, without necessarily asking directly about my history (conversational style) Company information and history Why I am interested in working there
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Softcat (Bristol, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

It had many stages and the interviewer were very friendly. It's not like the traditional job interviews that most people are used too. It was fun and very informative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Softcat

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat in Mar 2021

Interview

Microsoft teams interview. 1st and 2nd stage compete and waiting for job offer. Really relaxed interview and very welcoming and easy to talk to. Interview isn't too complexed or too formal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Manchester, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Firstly fill out application form, then Behavior test, video interview and assessment center. This is how far I got. I fit both culturally and academically and was still rejected, after weeks of interview stages, based on activities irrelevant to job position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Softcat

Application

I interviewed at Softcat

Interview

Call with recruiter (15mins) Assessment centre- group based interview-(whole morning) Interview (1 hour) Final interview with senior sales (30 mins) Some parts of the process were slightly repetitive and times I was “grilled” But enjoyed getting to know their team

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Softcat

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Softcat

Interview

On Microsoft teams with 3 people asking questions, following passing this stage I had a 1 to 1 phonemail with the sales manager who ultimately decides if they want to offer you the job or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 115 Interviews