Cover image for Sony

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Sony Interview Questions

Updated 23 May 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 576 of over 576 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I interviewed at Sony (Culver City, CA)

Interview

At first, they scheduled a typical background interview of asking about your experience over the phone. After that, I haven't gotten back with any feedback despite the interview being of good energy. Emailed recruiter and got no answer as well.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and background questions
    Answer Question

Sony

Application

I interviewed at Sony

Interview

Discussed my research and project, follow up technical questions regarding my projects. Background questions like the reason choosing Sony and what is my plan after graduation. Finally, they introduced the working contents in the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Sony

Join the conversation on

Job Referrals and Openings

1m

a

Senior Manager

Hello fishes, I am MBA '22 graduate from a tier 1 college. I have 1 YOE post-MBA in a Product Manager role, with total 3 YoE. I want to switch to a more Marketing/Strategy/GTM focused role. Can some one who's in a similar role let me know how I can switch? Or anyone who can provide a referral? Any help/suggestion is appreciated. Procter & Gamble Pepsico The Coca-Cola Company Hindustan Unilver Limited Reckitt Benckiser Amazon Nestle Reliance Industries Limited Sony The Walt Disney Company

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about interviews at Sony? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sony employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask About Interviews

Sony

Application

I interviewed at Sony

Interview

2 rounds of interview- 1 with HR and one with the creative / management team. The first round is where you are shortlisted and depending on the vertical you will be joining asked to prepare for an interview with the team. As I joined during covid, the entire process was online

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing

Application

I interviewed at Sony (Beijing, Beijing)

Interview

4 rounds of interviews. The HR responds quickly at first. Regular questions during interviews are not too hard. No technical questions. Talked to the director of the department, the director of the Asian area.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Sony (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

It's was to point, the people working their know what they were doing their. Though the staff as helpful and cheerful as i saw it! It was a great experience to go for an interview their.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sony

Application

I interviewed at Sony

Interview

Video recorded interview, 3 questions Quick easy process, but didn’t meet with any actual person Plenty of time to answer each question and write out your answer I’m not a fan of recorded interviews however since you’re not actually meeting anyone

Interview Questions
  • What are your favorite songs? Why did you choose the department you chose?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (Tokyo)

Interview

The interviewer said he does not know much about the position I applied for, and insisted on me asking question about the position he said he does not know about. He continued the interview talking about himself. That part was just weird.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony (Hyderābād) in Apr 2023

Interview

The process is up to 35 mins. And the hr as politely interviewed me this is my first interview. I have given it peacefully. This has helped me to know how the interviews will be going and I learned how to answer them.

Interview Questions
  • Subject questions Mainly aerospace questions they asked me as I'm an aerospace engineer

Sony

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sony in Apr 2023

Interview

In April 2023, I applied to Sony Bangalore through SpanIdea Systems. The interview was the worst ever. The first round was with Spanidea, and the final client round which on 13th of April had no specified duration. The interview started late, lasted an hour, and I completed all the theoretical and below coding questions, but never heard back from them. Since the interview timings were not specified I had to drop-off after an hour because of another scheduled meeting. When I asked for feedback, the HR said they might not be considering me because I'm attending other interviews. The level of professionalism in both the organizations is anybody's guess. Period.

Interview Questions
  • python programs: 1) reverse a string 2) count the number of spaces in a given string 3) replace two spaces with single space wherever present in the given string 4) list comprehension program to separate all the even values in list and odd values in a separate list and return both the list as output. 5) Automate launch of amazon.in, search and add a product to the cart. Pytest framework questions and python basic and oops concept.

Sony

Application

I interviewed at Sony

Interview

It was all behavioral questions for the first round of interviews, make sure to review all behavioral questions or else you are doomed. Otherwise, it was easy i guess. They asked stuff like, name a time when.......

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 576 Interviews

Sony Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Sony as 76.7% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.85 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Machine Learning Intern and Associate Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and C++ Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Sony takes an average of 6.3 days when considering 86 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Hardware Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Lead Consultant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 45 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Sony according to 86 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 17.80%