Strata Decision Technology Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 81 of over 81 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Strata Decision Technology

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology in Jun 2021

Interview

Recruiter reached out via linkedin. First round of interview was the regular HR screener. Second round, the hiring manager walked me through the job descirption, and third interview consisted of a 30 minute technical challenge, followed by 2 45minute interviews with hiring supervisor and senior team members.

Interview Questions
  • Your task is to design an electronic voting machine for a school election. You have control of all aspects of the system from hardware to software. We will be discussing your plan to create the system. Some things to think about: How will you design data structures, database tables and objects? What application model would you choose (web, client/server, other)? What security/integrity measures would you design into the system? What will the user interface look like?
    Answer Question
  • Starting at the same time from opposite ends of a lake that is 15 miles long, two boats come towards each other. One boat is riding at 19 mph and the second boat is riding at 11 mph. How long after they begin will they meet (in hrs)? Please outline any assumptions and talk through how you got to your answer.
  • How many golf balls would fit into a telephone booth?

Strata Decision Technology

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology in Feb 2021

Interview

Multiple interviews with managers and other stakeholders. Was provided a word document for a "challenge" that I had to complete within 30 minutes before the zoom interviews started. Questions were arbitrary questions related to two boats meeting in the middle of a lake and how many ping pong balls would it take to fill up a phone booth. During zoom portion, they asked specifics of how I arrived at my answers, however, they themselves were unsure of how to solve the problems as they admitted to me. I think it's fine if they want to see my thought process, however, since, I did not have any reference, my thought process was very simple. I don't think questions should be asked that the interviewers themselves would not be able to answer without googling formulas/concepts on how to solve.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL)

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 minute written assessment and then two back to back 45 minutes interviews. The interviews were with a manager and other senior members on the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2021

Interview

It was a complete waste of time. The team and Director took the interview just for sake of it. They were not prepared and ask only a few basic questions. In the end got an email from the recruiter after following up multiple times that they hired someone else. Why to waste time if you had already made your mind. Also, make sure your team is prepared when taking interviews. I had to ask a lot of question just so that they can talk.

Interview Questions
  • They basically did not ask me any questions. They asked few basic project details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Applied on their website. Had an introduction call with a recruiter where we went over the position and company. He did call their company a “family” which can be a red flag depending on how you view it. After the call he said he would check with the hiring manager regarding next steps. I didn’t hear back for a week so I emailed him. He said that he was on vacation which was why he didn’t get back to me, and that they were going to pursue other candidates. Being on vacation isn’t an excuse to ghost candidates. I’d be more that okay if you reached out to me first regarding my candidacy. Another weird thing was that I got an auto generated email a few months later about the position and that it was closed.

Interview Questions
  • General resume questions and as well as background/logistical matters
1 person found this interview helpful

Strata Decision Technology

Application

I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology

Interview

Started with phone screen with a member of HR that provided a summary of the role and the company, then a longer phone interview where I was asked about my interest in the company and the position. The next round was a video interview with a member of the Decision Support Team. Next, I was invited to an on-site interview that consisted of a technical challenge (excel) and interviews with people in the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Strata Decision Technology

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology

Interview

First-round was a phone call with a recruiter; the second round was a video phone call with a senior consultant. The recruiter said that there are 5 rounds in total. Both persons I've interacted are very nice and seem knowledgable about the healthcare field.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Strata Decision Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology

Interview

During these difficult times where things are all so uncertain, I would implore you to give correspondence to a candidate even if the answer is "we don't know yet." I wrote two emails after a third round of interviews, one of which containing thank you notes which were completely ignored - to then receive an automated rejection the following week. My experience was at best mediocre through that point as I had to follow-up twice in between despite being told numerous times I wouldn't be left hanging, and how fast the turnaround times are for next steps. We should all remember to be more human especially when so much is out of our control, and finding a job is filled with so much more anxiety in a limited and virtual world.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology (New York, NY) in May 2020

Interview

Initial communications were good with the recruiter. Interviewer on other hand was not friendly was in a rush to finish the interview. Didn't ask many questions just said talk about my resume. You could tell he was not impress. He goes on to rave about the culture of the company, but company send an automatic rejection. The vibe the interviewer was given is completely the opposite of what occured afterwards. Thought the company was different, but like they say you really dont know the company until you see how management acts.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Strata Decision Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Strata Decision Technology

Interview

It was a very slow process, but understandable given the growth phase they are in. Usual process of phone interviews with HR and hiring manager then in person interviews. The team appeared to be struggling to implement vision/wants of CEO.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Interviews