Strata Decision Technology Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

4.4
Strata Decision Technology CEO Dan Michelson
Dan Michelson
Pros
  • "Smart People on a lot of the teams, some very dedicated to delivering for the client(in 7 reviews)

• "Great people who care a lot about the work they are doing(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be difficult at certain times(in 11 reviews)

• "Lots of growing pains but that is to be expected at any organization that is growing(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Strata: Just a really Great Place to Work

6 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strata has a culture that allows people to speak up, leadership listens and definitely tries to address concerns of employees. They are financially stable and transparent with the results, they invest in the team and always try to do "right" by the people. They have responded to the pandemic in a thoughtful manner, and have put the needs and health of the team first. We get weekly newsletters and information is readily shared with the team. There is a focus on training and career growth. As Strata gets bigger, I am expecting and excited that more and more opportunities will become available to the team. We are moving to a hybrid remote work situation - which to me, meant they are listening and adjusting to the needs of the people who work here.

Cons

I know I said I love transparency, but feels like there are sometimes team meetings that fill my calendar that are not needed. Both from a company perspective and with my team/clients. Need to free up some time in the day to get things done. Need better paternity leave to complete with other tech firms - a month should be the least amount to get these days. Could increase the home office reimbursement.

Continue reading
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

11 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is very visible and cares about its employees, flexible work environment, the work and overall goal of the company is making a real impact to healthcare

Cons

benefits could be a little better

3. 5.0

Great company

19 Apr 2021 - Vice President in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leader in market and places the client first.

Cons

Not much to complain about.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture. Great space. Great future.

15 Apr 2021 - Vice President Business Development in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are tremendous - skilled and collaborative

Cons

None that I can think of, in the near term

5. 5.0

Awesome company

1 Mar 2021 - Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, very transparent, awesome work

Cons

nothing comes to mind currently

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Marginalized prospective employees: proceed with caution.

3 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many employees want to see Strata do good work for the community and healthcare Great office location

Cons

I believe marginalized people (gender/sexual/racial/ethnic minorities/disabled people) should proceed with caution before applying for a position at Strata Decision Technology. At first this company sounds like a great place to work and they appear to support diversity, inclusion and equity from the information provided on Glassdoor and BuiltinChicago. I believe Strata’s diversity push only started as a response to the backlash following the murder of George Floyd. It was motivated by optics rather than an organic drive to undo oppression. Otherwise, they likely would have publicly and internally addressed diversity before June 2020. I believe Strata has failed to commit itself to true equity. Strata was a toxic and horrible place for me to work as a systematically marginalized person. I have observed and experienced a lot of mistreatment and harassment throughout the company on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, disability/medical status, and race/ethnicity by both peers and managers. Some teams operate more like a college fraternity than a corporate team. People who engage in this behavior and are in the ‘in-crowd’ seem to be awarded with promotions and high-profile projects over those who do not. I do not believe promotions and merit reviews are doled out equitably. It appears marginalized people are often passed up for promotions, paid inequitably, and reviewed by harsher standards than cis/white/straight/abled-bodied men and women. I have seen peers left out of meetings for projects they were a part of, inappropriate sexual advances and misogynistic jokes made by men, and managers engaging in favoritism and mistreatment. It appears many of Strata managers/leadership do not have the overall confidence, training, nor appropriate worldviews to lead diverse teams or properly handle discrimination without getting defensive or having a strictly “hands-off” approach. Depending on the team you're on, you may be expected to work day and night. Those who work far into the night are rewarded and considered the company superstars, and those who work hard, complete their tasks, but prioritize work-life balance are considered not ambitious enough or not enough of a team player to advance at the company. My advice to prospective employees: Take the high reviews, ratings and awards with several grains of salt. I do not believe you can properly assess a company’s values when the majority of its employees cannot speak from multiple-marginalized perspectives and therefore benefit from Strata’s inequitable culture.

Continue reading
      10 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work - Growing company and growing careers!

4 Aug 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strata is very focused on growing the skills and careers of current employees. The business is growing 20-30% per year. With this growth, plus the development of new modules, bringing in new functionality such as advanced analytics and building new services, there are always new roles and new types of roles opening up. Strata has focused on building and maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction throughout it's growth. When issues arise with customers, tech services, product, client services, experience management and leadership work together to try to resolve the issues. As someone who works with clients, I can say that Strata genuinely wants to do what is right for clients AND the company.

Cons

Not really a con in the big picture of being part of a successful company... but Strata takes accountability seriously. Employees are expected to perform consistently against expectations for this role. If people are not performing well, leaders share feedback and coach people to get better. Feedback and coaching happen for everyone - a lot. For some people, even strong performers, getting a lot of feedback and coaching can feel overwhelming, even though it is meant to help grow someone's skills.

8. 5.0

Help Heal Healthcare

17 Feb 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great mission. Excellent place to work.

Cons

Intense focus in some area’s leads to less desirable results in others.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great place to learn

5 Feb 2021 - Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are great to work with!

Cons

Career lattice structure needs some work

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Trying to solve healthcare

15 Jan 2021 - Senior Software Developer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office location Good work life balance Willing to try new stuff

Cons

Healthcare is difficult No clear directions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews