Summit CPA Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 3 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Summit CPA Group

Summit CPA Group

Application

I interviewed at Summit CPA Group

Interview

There were 5 different interviews all of them were done over video - they have a very comprehensive process but you and tell it's aimed at trying to help get the right people on the team. They followed up and it was a very clear process from start to finish.

Interview Questions
  • They ask a lot about your background and experience
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Summit CPA Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Summit CPA Group

Interview

If you apply on their website, the application is condensed to the right hand side of their website and cannot be made any larger to fill in all your information (a portion of which is just replication of information that is already on your resume). If you refresh the web page some of the data in certain boxes will be erased and you will have to enter this information again. This (and the limited size of the application) is slightly annoying and a little cumbersome. Consider making the application a separate web page of its own. As part of the initial application you are also required to record and submit a video answering a couple of questions (you have more than one take to record your video and choose the one you ultimately want to submit). The next stage of the process requires you to record and submit an additional five videos answering various questions (again, you have more than one take to record the videos and choose the ones you ultimately want to submit). The initial application video and subsequent five videos can only be a maximum of five minutes. The third stage of the process is a "Pre-Interview" video conference for 20 minutes (timed) with HR (no accounting staff). The fourth stage of the process would ultimately be a video conference interview with someone from the accounting staff (don't know the time limitations as I did not move to this stage). I had to follow up after completing the third stage as I received no additional communication after the "Pre-Interview". I would understand no communication if I had been given no consideration after my initial application, but considering I had moved to the third stage of the process, I expected communication regarding their decision either way. I feel this would have been respectful considering the amount of my own time I allocated to the process thus far between the application, six videos and a video interview. The process is unlike any other accounting firm position I have applied for before (and they acknowledge that it is different). However, in my opinion, the benefits of the process are one-sided towards the company. As a potential employee I felt I was never given the chance to discuss any concerns or questions that might have come from my application or video submissions. I also felt the process required a lot of time and investment before the company realized I was not a valid applicant for an interview. Consider moving around some of your stages and talking with potential employees before requiring such an investment or talk with potential employees to discuss any concerns or questions.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Summit CPA Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Summit CPA Group in Oct 2019

Interview

Their interview process was very long and convoluted - it comprised of around 10 separate steps and it took well over a month. It is a huge time commitment. You have to video chat with them, record video responses to written questions, fill out way too many forms, etc. They were also very unresponsive - on several occasions, I had to reach out to them after submitting a portion of the interview process when they didn't respond to it for a week or more. It was very surprising so see such a lack of respect for an applicant's time and energy, especially when the interviewer should be the one managing the process. They chose not to disclose very important information like salary, benefits policy, and retirement policy until the very end of the interview process. Read my full review of their company to better understand these aspects of the Senior Accountant job position (as of January 2020). I assume the goal there was to leverage people into saying yes to the job by forcing them to commit a bunch of time to this ridiculous interview process.

Interview Questions
  • They asked very generic interview questions.. What made you leave your last firm? What entices you about working remote? Why do you think this is the right position for you?
3 people found this interview helpful