Synchrony Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Synchrony Interview Questions

Interviews at Synchrony

2.7

Internship Interview

Interview

Mostly fit based. Many questions about my skills in leadership and how to handle group dynamics. 45 minutes maximum, very standard overall. Felt like a conversation, rather than question and answer.

Bilingual Collection Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchrony (Altamonte Springs, FL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online, next day took the test, pretty easy an logical test. Then has to schedule the phone interview, once you complete the interview will let you know if pass. Finally, on-site interview with the manager and a regular employee. Took 2 weeks the whole process. Really Mad with no offer with 5 yrs exp in cust service/collection.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synchrony (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The whole process took 2+ months since the first contact until the official offer letter, so be patient if you are applying here.
    I applied online and was first contacted by a recruiter, after a few weeks I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After several weeks I went on site for a full day of interviews with several members of the team. I was very well organized and it went well. About a week later the HR contacted me again saying I would get a job offer in a few days. During the process, I reached out to HR a few times with questions and they were always quick to respond.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you had to say no to a manager, how did that go   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Synchrony (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

This was for the pre interview process. The test is terrible. It has you follow a bunch of rapidly blinking arrows and has a number of needless assessments. Complete waste of time. If you want to get to know someone, call them, meet with them in person, don't have them take this garbage 12 game test.

Interview Questions

• Look at these photographs and tell us what emotions you think the person is conveying.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

1 30-min phone call that was just your typical behavioral interviews; I prepared using STAR method and just really knowing my resume. Not a bad process to go through for a great opportunity

Retailer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Synchrony in November 2019.

Interview

Standard interview process starting with a phone screen with the recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager and then onsite interviews with 5 people. They also asked me to prepare a 30/60/90 day plan for my onsite interviews.

It took a super long time to hear back on my application for the job, even with an employee referral. Nobody I interviewed with onsite seemed to know that I had been asked to prepare a 30/60/90 day plan which was a little frustrating since I spent a good amount of time preparing it. Not sure if that was due to a lack of communication or something else. After my onsite interviews, I didn't hear anything back for more than a week and, when I did, it was a three sentence "thank you but no thank you" email. No feedback whatsoever. I know many companies are not giving candidates feedback these days for fear of legal ramifications but, as someone who is looking for a job, it is very frustrating to get absolutely nothing. I have to believe there is a way to give a candidate something in the way of feedback. Also, as someone who went through the entire interview process, including preparing my 30/60/90 day plan and 4 hours onsite, to not even get a phone call either from the recruiter or the hiring manager is pretty disrespectful. Not sure I want to work for a company who treats candidates this way so maybe it is a good thing I didn't get the job.

BLP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Synchrony.

Interview

On campus interview with an alumni from the school. Quick 45 minute interviews. The interviewer really tried to make it conversational. We had great conversations while also answering questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Synchrony (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was for BLP Finance internship. This interview was such a crock. It was a 2 on 1 interview on a university campus. They didn't seem to care much, and looked like they hated their lives. One guy didn't even bother looking me in the eye. They seemed like both terrible people. The only good thing Synchrony has is their internal audit department. Everything else looks like leftover trash from GE.

Interview Questions

• Why Synchrony and not the big 4?   1 Answer

BLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Synchrony (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very great interview process. Received interview offer after attending school's career fair. It was roughly a 30 minute interview and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Ran through my resume and based questions off of that. Very conversational interview. Concluded with a case study question. Received offer a shortly after.

Practice Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Synchrony (Columbus, OH (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I think Synchrony Financial can make the interview process better overall by also trying to sell their company and job opening to a candidate. Via phone nor in person did they ever explain what they had to offer to attract or retain a strong candidate who is interviewing them as well. If this is indeed a sales or representative/consultant type role then why is there not an invite to drive in the field with another rep for half or full day in order to get a more realistic view of this position? I have been in my career a long time and the Director of Sales for this region was one of the worse experiences I have ever had. This person put off extremely negative vibes about your upper management. Almost a bullying or intimidating type approach. Whether an offer was made or not, I do not have a good view of Synchrony for having someone like this around. It did not give me a good vibe of your company culture. Each person has an opportunity to represent your company and put off positive vibes so there is good discussion about you within the community. I have nothing nice to say and will never apply again to your company. I have years of successful experience, and never once did this Director say anything positive about my background. His leadership style is not one to clone or work in your best interest. Perhaps remove him for his cushy long time role so he is able to learn not to take things for granted? His lack of knowledge about other industries, and educational level was evident and not in his favor. I was not impressed by your choice of management selection!

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about this role
      Walk me thru your resume
      What are your personal characteristics (not job skills)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.