Synchrony Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Synchrony Interview Questions

Interviews at Synchrony

2.7

Assistant Vice President, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Synchrony (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

3 phone screenings followed by 6- 1 on 1 interviews with several people through out half day at headquarters. Mix of behavioral questions and conversation. Every person had a different set of questions and different style. Process form submission to decision took over two months, but once interview took place decision was made within a week. Did not get role, but was referred by HR to interview for other roles.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchrony (Stamford, CT (US)).

Interview

2-3 round interview process. Mainly consists of HR, Hiring Manager, and Division Leader. Interviews vary, based on divisions. Questions could be as simple as a resume walk through or as difficult as answering how to go about finding out how many balloons fit in a given room. Be prepared to explore your analytical side as one of the company's goals is to drive analytics around everything (in a good way).

Interview Questions

• About my background and how I could help them achieve their success in the Financial Technology field.   1 Answer

Client Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Synchrony (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

2 interviewers took me in a small room. They wrote down all of my answers without looking up at me which made the process a bit strange. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. They asked questions like what was the hardest thing you ever had to do at work and how did you handle it. They handed me some paperwork and told me to study it regarding the training schedule.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchrony in September 2017.

Interview

Two women came to give interview. One was very friendly other not so much. Wrote every response I said down on paper. Overall wasnt close to the best interview one can get.

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synchrony in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line, their web site. Downloaded resume as required, the shock came when I (anyone applying) is required to also provide "social security #, date of birth, and drivers license in order to be considered for hire. Last time I checked, social security # is not to ever be given unless a company makes an offer of employment, not to mention the obvious "age" discrimination issues that can and should arise as a result of asking for "date of birth - a n d - social security #" prior to actual hire or offer (check "equal opportunity" hiring practices as described by US Government). Despite the bad vibe this portion of the hiring game produced, I reluctantly continued. After finishing all the "required" fields (and there are many), I was then instructed to visit their link to "set-up" a phone interview time from a list of available times they had open. After many visits an open time became available and I signed-up for that phone interview slot. The magic day and time arrived, and I, waiting patiently by my phone received the magic call. The interviewer was very pleasant and I felt the "phone" interview went well, and the "phone interviewer (name withheld)" told me I "qualified for the next step in the process . . ." an "in-person interview" at their office in "Phoenix, AZ". Now all I had to do was -- again -- chase them down through their web site for an available "interview" opening/slot. That open slot never materialized. Knowing that "training" for this position had begun, it became clear to me that the position had been filled, and I was dead in the water. All that time and "very private, personal information" for nothing.

A few months later, I saw them running an ad for "Client Services, Part-Time" --- again ---, this time under the company name "Synchrony Financial" (no longer "GE Financial" per original listing), and I decided not to waste any more of my time on their web site, but rather I would contact the "800" the ad provided (in addition to the "online" address). There I spoke with one of the two people they have answering their "employment line". On my first (re-attempt to obtain the holy-grail,) "in-person" interview, I was told they had no openings "at this time" but to try again in four days, a "Friday" (note, Fridays seem to be magic days for the personal department, as I was told after the phone interview to check their web-site on "Friday morning at midnight. . . that's when available openings are posted"), that's when "interview openings will be posted . . . " I asked if it would be alright for me to call them again on "Friday" and set-up an interview and I was told that would be fine. I did just that, and an "in-person" interview was set. I was "instructed" to bring a copy of my application and resumes to the interview . . . done. The interview day came, and I arrived with bells on. The interviewer"s" came and retrieved me and the interview proceeded. Nothing special, in terms of an interview transpired. At the end I was told they would make their "decision" on (here it is again . . . ) "Friday", and I would be notified on way or another. Magical "Friday" came and went, and I received nothing. No notice one way or another. I suspected that it was "again" ---- my ---- responsibility to chase them - - - again - - - to determine my fate. After sever unsuccessful and unhelpful calls to their "employment line" I was finally told, bless their "professional", caring (aka their propaganda, their "video") hearts that I was not being considered due to "high level of competition". It was at 9:28pm that same day that they finally bothered sending me their rejection letter.

Follow-up: It has been 3 weeks since I was verbally told by their employment line employees that the position was filled, and they not only continue to run ads in the paper for the position I was rejected from due to "high competition" and "position filled", but they are now *** also *** running ads TV for the same position. Talk about a company that has zero regard for applicants, much less laws regarding hiring practices. Don't be a sucker like those who have gone before, this company has no intention of living up to its propaganda. Your information is now theirs to do with as they choose, I no longer sleep well at night just imagining what they can do with all the information they are collecting via "employment application data mining"?!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any. Their questions are very run of the mill. Not much creativity here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Synchrony (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Called for a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Went through work history, and was asked about 10 questions. I think mostly they just want to know your phone personality. Was offered an onsite interview next.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake at work, and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchrony (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers, both together asking questions. Both were very polite and made me feel at ease. It was your standard, "tell me about a time when..." questions so be prepared to have examples. They also allowed me to pick my schedule while I was there, and ask as many questions as I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something you did had a negative impact on a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchrony (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Fast paced interview with no time for games. You apply and if they like your background and experience, they WILL call. You go through a phone interview where they evaluate your tone and kindness (this is a call center after all) and if you pass the screening, you are called onsite for a 2:1 interview (to control bias) and most of the time you leave with an offer. If no offer was immediately made, allow a couple of weeks for response.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had conflict with one of your coworkers. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Synchrony in January 2019.

Interview

They sit you in a room with 2 people and they have a packet that they take extensive notes in about you word for word. Not very personal. They make you jump through tons of hoops and extensive background checks when the job is pretty low paying. I got an overall negative vibe in my interview. I believe I did well and I’m overqualified for the job, yet I wasn’t extended an offer, and I’m kind of glad that I wasn’t after the whole experience. When I asked about vacation time the interviewer gave a very negative response and made me feel stupid for asking and perhaps think that Synchrony doesn’t have a very good work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult client at work   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Interview

Failed to tell you that you have to have a valid ID for the interview, if not you have to lose your spot for the interview and wait for a new spot to open up .

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.