The Risk Advisory Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Risk Advisory Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Risk Advisory Group

3.1

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group.

Interview

Required a video interview that you pre-recorded and then follow up with a real person should you be selected to continue. Ultimately I didn’t get the job because they wanted someone who lived in London!

Interview Questions

• Interest in the company; if you were fine with relocating; etc.   Answer Question

21 Apr 2020 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience as a candidate. Please do keep in touch and check into the careers page on our website for other opportunities that may suit you. I wish you all the very best with finding the right job opportunity.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a 30-minute phone interview that was basically a run-through of my resume, followed by a 2 hour writing "test" (done remotely). The writing test included writing an executive summary of a fictional research report and writing a 1 page response paper to a question about business ethics. About a month after the writing test I was contacted by HR for an in-person interview. That interview was 3-4 hours, including separate interviews with the immediate supervisor and the director, followed by a more casual information-interview style coffee meeting with two employees.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

First question related to my current state of unemployment. Rest of the interview consisted of discussion concerning how my experience fit their requirements, and my background did comply. There did not seem to be underlying requirements. But after receiving an email that I did not fit, and considering their first question, it was obvious they did not have any knowledge or concern about the employment laws in this city, i.e. the bill that prohibits discrimination against the unemployed. But checking more deeply into this company's "claim to fame" over the past 10 years, their reputation seems to have been built on a "study" that all people lie on their resumes. No value placed on honesty and skills.

Latin America-focused Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume on-line and was contacted by one of the hiring managers directly via email to schedule a Skype interview. Interviewed twice with two different managers on separate occasions. Both individuals were pleasant and attentive, one seemed friendlier than the other. Was asked to complete a written examination on-line that was timed. A week after completing the examination, one of the hiring managers contacted me to tell me that they had picked someone with more industry experience; at least he had the decency of informing me.

Interview Questions

• What are the names of some of our competitors? How are they different?   Answer Question

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group.

Interview

The first step entailed the submission of an anonymous application form where a brief (200 words max.) motivation statement was required, along with an education+work experience sections. After being admitted to the second stage, I received a written test to be completed in less than 2 hours. The test was divided in 3 parts. The first one had 3 statements that needed to be reviewed and shrunk for the sake of clarity. The second section had a one page and a half long analysis on recent events in Venezuela that needed to be summarized in 100 words max for an hypothetical client that did not have the time to read the full analysis. The last section had links to 2 different news related to terrorist incidents, and the task was to write entries for the firm's Terrorism Tracker; under specific guidelines. I didn't make it through to the next phase which, I think, would've entailed an interview.

The whole process was a bit lengthy. I don't know if it's because of the pandemic, or if it's the norm.
    I was pleased to see a rejection email written by a human being, but when I asked for the reasons why I had been rejected I was, unsurprisingly, ghosted. It was worth the shot asking.

Interview Questions

• The written test had these kind of tasks.
      1) Edit the following paragraphs for clarity and readability.
      2) Write a paragraph of no more than 100 words summarising this report for a client who doesn’t have time to read the whole thing.
      3) The work of a JRA must be written in a consistent style, which is factual, accessible and easy to read, and omits irrelevant information or analysis.   Answer Question

20 Aug 2020 – Head of HR

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and after a week was invited to complete a video interview via Shortlister. The questions were very specific to the role and required in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the region for which I'd applied. Probably the most difficult part was the time pressure.

After about a week and a half, I was invited to complete a written assessment as well as a Skype interview. I was allowed 1 hour to complete the written assessment.

The Skype interview was conducted by two employees, one being the deputy head of the department, and the other being a senior associate. The interview was a mix of region specific questions and competency based questions.

The final interview would have been face-to-face with the head of the department.

After my Skype interview, I was not informed of whether or not I was eliminated as a candidate. Given that the pool of candidates was probably quite small at that stage, I was surprised not to receive any sort of feedback, or even a response to my follow-up email. I'm left to assume that I was not successful.

Although the radio-silence left quite a bitter taste in my mouth, the interview process until that point was quite engaging and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What country in the Asia Pacific region has the biggest threat of terrorism?
      What is the outlook for East Asia in 2020?
      Provide a threat assessment of the Korean Peninsula.   Answer Question

21 Apr 2020 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience as a candidate. It is important to us that we communicate with all candidates, whether they are successful in the process or not. If you would like to give me a call, I would be happy to look into our communication with you and follow up with you. Please do keep in touch and check into the careers page on our website for other opportunities that may suit you. I wish you all the very best with finding the right job opportunity.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and after receiving a positive response, I received an invitation to complete a pre-recorded interview within 3 days.
    The questions were a lot more interesting and pertinent to the job than the usual first-round interview questions, so it's vital to be up-to-date on your specific region.

Interview Questions

The Risk Advisory Group Response

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was over couple of months period. Starting from initial CV and cover letter screening. This was followed by two writing samples reviews, plus a short pre-recorded interview and a personal interview

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, knowledge of the industry/region, language proficiency   Answer Question

24 Oct 2019 – Head of HR

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

It involved an initial interview where they get to know you and ask job specific questions, then they give you a case-study to complete at home. You are invited to a final interview if you proceed onto the next stage

Interview Questions

• Country-specific questions about the risk contexts and business environments about your chosen area   Answer Question

3 Sep 2020 – Head of HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Risk Advisory Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted two weeks later and asked to complete a recorded video interview. This was very simple: they asked me why I had applied for the position and for a definition of terrorism.

I was then invited to attend an assessment day at their office near London Bridge. I arrived at 9am. There were twelve of us. We completed a group exercise and we were then interviewed one by one. The interview lasted ten or fifteen minutes. Six of us went with one interview panel and six with another. Because of this I never got to meet anyone in the team I had applied to join. I learnt the following week that my application had been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

The Risk Advisory Group Response

24 Oct 2019 – Head of HR

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.