The Siegfried Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Siegfried Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The Siegfried Group

2.8

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group.

Interview

It was a great process. I was always being looped into the conversations that were being had and was interviewed for about 2 months before being hired. They were very kind and open and not only interested in my professional skills but my personality and whats important to me overall in life.

Interview Questions

• They are very interested in what areas you are motivated by.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Wilmington, DE (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Had to take 3 different personality tests and fill out a self-assessment in preparation for the interview. In-person interview lasted 4 hours long and I met with 5 people. The interview was very much about culture fit and not so much about skill-set. One of the interviewers began the interview by telling me that I was in no way qualified for the job and told me to explain why I was interviewing in the first place. Other interactions with the team members made me feel off and confused about what job I was even interviewing for, since each person seemed to think the job entailed something else. The entire process was very intense and left me feeling very uncomfortable. When I received my feedback from the internal recruiting team it was harsh, very negative, and hurtful. Although I wouldn't have taken the job and did feel it wasn't a good fit as well, I never asked to have who I am as a person criticized. I also didn't feel as though the interview went so poorly that it warranted such extreme feedback. I feel like the team should have been a bit more diplomatic in delivering their rejection, especially since I never asked for any input. The entire process left a bad taste in my mouth.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Wilmington, DE (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a friend on Linkedin about an opening and was interviewed later that week. Interview was brief but intense. Interviewer was very nice about the whole process though.

Leadership Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group in July 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview that was schedule to be half hour, and lasted one hour.

The interviewer asked a number of questions on my past experience, including what type of transactions I have experience working on.
    Also asked a number of questions that felt like boilerplate questions (i.e. Where do you see yourself in 5 years; What are your personal goals) that did not make sense in a phone call situation.

Interview ended with the interviewer giving me 3 minutes to ask questions, and he wasn't able to articulate what types of projects / opportunities he has available.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex transaction you audited and why?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process is very long- about 3 hours. First you meet with 2 people who will give you an information session on the company. Next you will meet with 1 director and then a MD. They are all fairly friendly. No questions were difficult or technical - mostly just background and behavioral

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of where you stepped outside your comfort zone.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resource director, then followed by 2 (two) in person interviews with different members of the leadership team. Standard background check and drug test. Had to complete a document detailing skill areas.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

Interview

My interview process consisted of three steps: HR phone screen, Director level phone screen, and in-person interview. Both phone calls consisted of the usual early interview questions about resume experience, interest in the company, and what kind of role/company you're looking for. The in-person interview is a heavily scripted three hour block sometimes with multiple interviewers. There is a strong focus on polish of applicants and ability to field more difficult what-if and behavior-based questions. Personally, I found the final round up tight compared to the initial phone conversations as well as every other in-person interview I've had even with Fortune 50 companies. I found it ridiculous that the last in-person conversation had one question about interests outside of work as we slogged through a 25 question standardized list. A while after, Siegfried recruiting sent an Amex gift card as a means of spreading the brand which made the marathon interview worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• As you think about the future of your career, what are you most excited about? What are you most concerned about?

Of the following Siegfried Intangibles, which ones most closely resonate with you and why? (Mental Agility, Analytical Ability, Chemistry, Communication Skills, Commitment, Flexibility, Courage, Confidence, and humility)

What do you see as your unique ability and how do you apply that to your work and personal life?

If you are currently employed, why are you looking to leave your current employer? If you are currently unemployed, why did you leave your last employer?

How would joining The Siegfried Group further your goals?

What parts of your job do you wish to spend less time on? What parts of your job do you wish to spend more time on?

What were the results of your last evaluation/performance review cycle and how did you rate against your peers?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group in May 2017.

Interview

Great questions throughout the interview and a genuine care in my answers from those performing the interview. I was treated to lunch by a current employee where I was able to ask more candid questions as compared to those I would typically ask in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you managed a conflict within your team.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, starts with an hour telephonic call in first round. Second round consists of a 3 hour interview with several directors and one if the resources. Main agenda would be to get to know the candidate and whether or not a good fit for the company. Detailed descriptions of the company are discussed including how you will be performance rated.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in articles at the big 4 and achievements?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Siegfried Group (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone screen. If there seems to be a good fit from there an in person interview will be scheduled. My in person interview lasted about 3 hours during which I met 5 members of the team. The each asked a different set of questions. The final person took the longest asking a series of 25 questions. He acknowledged that these 25 questions were a new method of standardized questions.

Interview Questions

• They are going to ask many questions; at the end none particularly stood out.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.