The Zappos Family Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

The Zappos Family Interview Questions

Interviews at The Zappos Family

Inventory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family in July 2020.

Interview

In this Covid-19 world the interview process was done all virtual. I went through three rounds of interviews. First round was a 30 min call with a recruiter and was more exploratory to see if I and also Zappos seemed like a good fit. Second interview was with 2 team members via virtual chat was also about 30 min long which was labeled a technical interview 1 week later and was asked a mixture of job skill related questions and also questions geared to soft skills. The final 3 round of interviews was a longer process of about 4hrs broken out into 5 different mini interviews each 30min-1hr long and 2 weeks later than the last. Here each group asked more in depth technical job skill related questions along with more soft skill and interpersonal related questions. Still awaiting if there will be a job offer, but despite it being a longer than usual process mostly due to Covid-19 and having everything done virtually I thoroughly enjoyed my time with everyone,. Zappos and its employees made the whole process feel welcoming and I felt more confidant as I progressed through.

Penetration Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

From beginning to end, the interview process went very smoothly. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience and I had a great time getting to know everyone on the team. It started with an initial discussion with HR (phone), followed by meeting with the hiring manager and another team member (phone), finished by a day of interviewing to meet the team (virtual or onsite). The team was extremely nice and you could tell they each loved what they do and loved working for Zappos.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your methodology of how you approach a target   1 Answer
    • Can you describe the difference between each method of XSS?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe to me what subdomain takeover is?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe to me a time that you received good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe to me a time that you received bad customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is an example of a time you received feedback from your manager?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

During a unique time in the world (Coronavirus) the interview process was held entirely virtual, which was a first for me. From application to panel interview, the process was application, phone interview with recruiter, assigned case study/project to complete and submit, phone interview with hiring manager presenting the case study, 1-day Skype interview with ~10 potential business partners all back to back to back.

Interview Questions

• Macro scenario approaches to potential business problems to understand train of thought.   Answer Question
    • Provide 2 specific financial metrics you would use when strategically planning a range assortment, and how would you track and adjust the plan given unforeseen circumstances arise?   Answer Question
    • What type of leadership style do you pair best with?   Answer Question
    • Why do your experiences fit this role better than another applicant?   Answer Question

IOS Applications Development College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I applied online for iOS developer internship, they asked to build an emoji calculator(10 -12 hours take-home project), a virtual interview (2-3hours), then QnA session (1 hour), technical interview where they asked to build another calculator (2 hours), cultural interview (1 hour). The process really got delayed and took 3 months, but $30 per hour with free housing and food was a decent offering.

I did my best. They ended up rejecting me. Overall, I really wish I didn't spend so much time on Zappos and should have accepted previous job offers I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given an critical feedback from the manager?   1 Answer

Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Very Straightforward applied online and then received an email with a coding challenge. The coding challenge was also very straight forward. I was given a week to complete it. After I submitted it, received an email saying I was not selected.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

The Zappos interview process is atypical and I appreciate that. There are a few rounds of interviews, but that gives you the chance to get a lot of your questions and concerns on the table and meet multiple people, who could be potentially your co-workers. It also gives you the chance to interview them as much as they are interviewing you. I appreciate that they take the time and effort to make sure they find a person who fits in with the team and company culture.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired, what would you expect to accomplish in the first 90 days?   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

General process: I applied around January and received a difficult but very interesting technical challenge to do within a week. Then 8 online self-recording video questions. Then an introduction call. Then more final round interviews.

Experience: The entire process is slow and well beyond 2 months. Around the end of the process, I have offer deadlines and I reached out to the HR several times asking for an expedited process or maybe just an answer is fine. However, HR ignored my emails for days and then proceeded to send me a mass email saying that I entered the final stage.

I hope the HR or the management read this. There are lots of no-communication during the hiring process. If the application process is this long (more than 2 months), many candidates will have pending offers from other companies. You need to show them the positive company culture THROUGH your hiring process.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Currently still in the process. Submitted my application online and just did a 30 min phone call with the recruiter. To advance to the next level I needed to complete a project about analyzing some spreadsheets.

Interview Questions

• name three things that you are looking for in your next position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

Terrible experience - phone screen with company HR screener. Contrived/fake, and I got an arrogant vibe coming from the screener. Asked me several personal questions that really aren't any of their business. No. Just no.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you like to "hang" with your co-workers outside of work?   1 Answer

Machine Learning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview

-Online test assessment on machine learning and programming.
    -Call onsite at las vega for further process.
    There were many questions and time was less as compared to the difficulty level.
    It i sa combination of multiple choice and programming question.

Interview Questions

• - Scenarios were given and you have you tell which algorithm fits best?   Answer Question
    • -Programming questions on predictive modeling?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.