Trefis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 Feb 2019

3.4

Sort:

Principal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trefis in July 2016.

Interview

This was not exactly an interview, but I feel the need to share my experience with others.

I applied for the role online through a job site. After a couple of weeks I heard back from HR asking me to go through a series of steps in order to proceed with the interview process, including signing an NDA, registering on Trefis.com, registering on a second site, watching a whole pile of videos explaining how their product works, and completing a job application. "Let me know when you have completed all of these things and we can move forward," the recruiter said.

This was a significant investment of my time, but I did all that was asked. I contacted the recruiter to follow up but as of yet never received a response.

What I did receive starting immediately, though, was approximately 7-12 emails per week of Trefis marketing spam. Each time I unsubscribed it never seemed to take my name off the lists-- I still kept getting unwanted email. The last time I clicked the "Unsubscribe" button there was an additional checkbox for "Do not receive any communication from Trefis whatsoever" which wasnt there before. Hoping this fixes my problem but not holding my breath.

In short- proceed at your own risk and try to opt out of notifications ASAP. I am wondering if this company puts job listings out there simply to bump up the # of subscribers to their marketing crap to impress investors.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trefis.

Interview

The interview process: I felt like I gave uncompensated consulting to Trefis

Bottom line:
    1. Whether the company is serious about your candidacy or not, realize that you will likely be providing free consulting for Trefis during the interview process (by nature of the assignments and follow-up discussions).

2. Trefis did not have the courtesy to close the loop with me despite the ample investment in time and thought I placed in response to their “interview” questions over a two week period

Details:

The duration of the interview process was about two weeks. You’ll sign an NDA upfront.

The process involved several conference calls and written assignments. As I mentioned above, I invested a lot of time and thought into their questions (both written and verbal).

After about two weeks of written assignments and several follow-up discussions via phone, I was told that I would be contacted by one of the founders within the next week. After a week, I still had not heard from anyone, so I wrote an email asking about my status. To this day, I have not received a reply.

The email address used by Trefis during the interview process was a recruiting mailbox with a jumbled, complicated handle (which changed at least once during the two weeks I interviewed, although, the person’s first and last name was what I saw in my inbox---you would think it was just a normal email). Odd that the person with whom I collaborated with during the interview process just didn’t use their own work email.

My message to Trefis: Based on what I heard, and reading another review on this board, I entered this process knowing that there was a risk that this could be nothing more than a quick hit (free information from me). I accepted that risk. That being said, you should have the courtesy to at least close the loop when the process is finished. It’s one thing to have a phone interview and not hear back (the interviewer and interviewee only wasted an hour), but when I invested as much time and thought as I did during your interview process, you need to close the loop.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trefis.

Interview

A very long drawn, selection process, which tests largely two skills - business analysis ability and writing ability. The process includes many rounds which focus on writing assignments and analysis of a business/industry.

Interview Questions

• Writing ability is tested vigorously. So, those who do not prefer writing don't even bother applying   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was based on the performance during the selection process. So, negotiations did not take place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trefis (New Delhi).

Interview

Lots of writing projects, WASTE OF TIME, they dont have to recruit anyone, just want publicity for their start up and add to the number of subscribers....i genuinely completed all the projects but was rejected without a valid reason...trust me..its a big fraud!!! THEY ARE NOT HERE FOR HIRING!! No phone calls, weird process.

Application

Interview

Only a chain of mails, no calls and no record online of their office in Delhi, India. The company seemed a little dubious because I was never really given a company briefing or told where the office is, just some online procedures.

Interview Questions

• They require a writer and not exactly an analyst, so your writing skills matter more than your financial/analytic skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trefis (New Delhi) in October 2012.

Interview

After the initial reply on email, they send you an excel file and ask you to perform some basic valuation. After that, they hold a telephonic interview of roughly 45 minutes. This was followed by in-person interview whereby I was asked to perform research and analyze data (held on another day)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Trefis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate too much when it comes to salaries

Analyst - India Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trefis (New Delhi).

Interview

Co. promised feedback for writing - but never provided any
    No phone calls at all
    Shady way to interview people, without any phone call - they want you to register on the site- most processes are automated - They probably want to increase social community count to show off to their VC firm.
    They make sure you sign a non-disclosure agreement to stop you from telling people about the interview details - sorry!

Interview Questions

• No questions asked or feedback provided!!!!!!!!   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Trefis (New Delhi).

Interview

This was a while ago but it stands out in my memory as being the worst interview process I've ever had. Applied online and really liked the product. Was sent endless case interviews by one of the Co-founders (Cem) to develop pricing models for various companies. This went on for 4-5 rounds over 5-6 weeks and each round required 5-8 hours of work. Finally, I was told I'm invited for an in-person interview in the Delhi office. I flew in at my own cost and met the manager of the Indian office at 9 am. He treated me like free labor and assigned me a task to complete by the end of the day. No breaks were given, no one else in the office ever spoke to me. The office was in such a rundown dump that I thought I must have gotten the wrong address. Broken windows, unpainted walls, worse than a warehouse. At 3 pm, I took a break to find lunch somewhere outside. No one in the office bothered to ask me about lunch. At 5 pm I went to the manager and showed him my work. He asked a few questions and said they would be in touch. After several weeks of following up over email, I never received any response from them.

Surprised that this company still exists. An extremely exploitative company that does not value people in the least.

Interview Questions

• Create a pricing model for a publicly listed firm   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trefis (New Delhi) in November 2016.

Interview

I was first given a task to prepare a financial model, seeing as it is the most significant task that Financial Analysts do at Trefis. Once I submitted the model, I had to go through a telephonic interview with a senior equity research analyst, who predominantly asked questions pertaining to the financial model I had prepared. Additionally, we had a short conversation about what my career goals are & whether align with the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.