Uline Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Uline Interview Questions

Interviews at Uline

2.8

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uline in June 2019.

Interview

Josh Foster and Abby Strasser provided a wonderful candidate experience for me. Abby provided very detailed, expedient, and useful information about the Uline firm prior to my interview. I completed a 1st Round Interview with Josh, and he is an absolutely phenomenal recruiter! Josh was able to separate the central from the peripheral and make it intelligible to me. More specifically, Josh shared his own experiences and position evolution (central) and linked it to the overall Uline firm and his role benefits the team (peripheral). As a result, I feel Abby and Josh are wonderful professionals and the interview process they set-up for me has been excellent!

Interview Questions

• Sample Question: Tell me what you're day-to-day is like at your current firm?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I interviewed twice at Uline. I will elaborate on each experience separately.

I applied to the Corporate Recruiter position with Uline and received an email from an HR employee asking me to come in to the corporate campus for an in person interview with a recruiter. As other reviews explain, there are several assessments you are required to complete before the interview as well as quite a bit of paperwork. I did not feel they were overly difficult, just time consuming. I completed four assessments in total: first, selected words that most and least described me in the workplace; second, a personality test (similar to the Myers Briggs test); third, a test regarding sales tactics; and fourth, a writing sample. Again, the assessments are not overly difficult, but did not feel directly relevant to the position. I arrived 20 minutes early to the interview, as requested, handed in my completed documents to an HR employee and proceeded to be led into a testing room for two more assessments.The first of the two tests was testing one's number recognition with 200 questions and a four minute time limit,. Two sets of numbers would be presented and you made the decision if both numbers were the same. The second test was shorter, about 20 questions, and also had a time limit of four minutes. It was testing how quickly you could distinguish patterns in numbers and what the next two numbers were in the pattern.

After the two tests, I was sent to the waiting room until my scheduled interview. I was not seen until 15 minutes after my scheduled interview time. In the interview, I felt a sense that the recruiter did not really care about the interview or me at all. The questions were very laid back and did not pertain to the position. He asked me about my education and my hobbies. He asked me about clubs I attended during my undergraduate studies and what my favorite class was at my college. I answered all the questions and tried to relate my answers back to the job posting. When it came time for me to ask questions, his answers were sufficient but there were two questions in particular where I thought his answers were bizarre. First, I asked him why he decided to work at Uline and what he liked about woking there. His reply was, "Well, I was like you and needed a job." Second, I asked him how much he traveled for the position, since I saw on the job posting that travel was required. He replied that he did not travel at all, and when I clarified with him that the job description stated that some travel was listed as part of the job description he said, "Oh, well okay I guess you will travel some." Overall I felt he wanted me out of the interview and could not be bothered with how much I prepared. When I asked about next steps he said I would hear back in no more than a week. Over two weeks went by, and I decided to email the HR employee who contacted me about the interview initially, since I had no way of contacting the recruiter who interview me. I received an automated response saying they were pursuing other candidates.

My second experience at Uline was at their Open House. I decided to go and perhaps interview for a different but similar position. After filling out a short form at the corporate campus with my name, email, phone number, and interests, I was given a visitor pass and placed in waiting room. After 10 minutes, myself and others in my waiting area were walked down the hall to another waiting area where we turned in our resume and short form were filled out and sat at tables with refreshments and waited to meet with out interviewer. The experience was positive so far and the interview was also great. I felt it was much better than the first interview, the interviewer was engaged and interested in what I had to say and thoughtfully answered my questions. I was told he would pass my information along to the respective departments I was interested in. I left the interview and the open house happy with the open house and my interview itself.

I received an email the next day:

"Dear %%FIRSTNAME%%,
    It was great to meet you at our Open House last night. It was exciting to see so many people interested in a career at Uline. Unfortunately, we do not have the right role for you at this time. We invite you to sign up for our Talent Network to stay up-to-date on new opportunities."

This was incredibly disrespectful. It cannot be that hard to actually put someone's first name on an automated email. I felt no matter what I have done or how well an interview went nothing would come of it. Uline constantly is "looking" for new employees but never actually hires anyone. As a potential employee, I felt those who interviewed me did not present the company well and after my experiences I do not want to work for a company such as Uline who treats potential employees the way I was treated.

Interview Questions

Uline Response

2 Jul 2019

I'm very sorry to hear you did not have a good experience interviewing with us. The experience for our candidates is important and we take your feedback seriously.

Uline is continuing to grow and... More

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Not practical to the current workforce, Many of the interview techniques are outdated and racially bias. The pre-testing has no relation to the role or job your applying for.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL (US)).

Interview

Uline has "open interviews" where you come with your application and resume and receive a 10 minute conversation with someone. The situation is awkward at best, especially if you are over 35. There appears to be a certain phrase or set of words they are looking for you to recite, especially if you do not have exact product experience. This is the experience even if you are applying to an actual opening.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked was " Do you think you would be able to handle selling actual products instead of abstract products?   2 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Cranberry, PA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after initial phone interview you had to complete 4 online assessments. Second interview included 2 more assessments, number recognition and patterns. A video conference interview followed that and then a phone interview. Next step was to be a ride along followed by a 4 weeks of training away from home.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uline in March 2015.

Interview

I had sent my resume in and got a call back. They set up a phone interview and sent me four tests which include a writing sample, a couple personality tests, and sales related scenario questions. Not that difficult just time consuming. The phone interview went well and then two days later received a rejection email. So much for my ten year stint with my previous company.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Uline (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Lengthy process, took 1.5 months for one phone and three face to faces. They do a hair follicle test as well. Computer skills tests and numbers tests... offer was rescinded due to a misdemeanor that I disclosed on very first phone interview with HR.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline in December 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR/Recruiter. Lots of general questions about my current position and past roles. I did not receive an offer or a call back and honestly, I was a bit surprised. But based on what I've read here, U-Line is simply looking for you to say certain things during interviews. Apparently they've got a secret society or something. I wish them luck on continuing to try to be everything to everybody.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you had a chance to check out our website?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline in December 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview - standard questions and give & take. Generic questions were promptly answered with measured thought going into my answers. I learned after the interview that the interviewers are looking for you to recite key words/phrases. Without reciting these key words, I guess you have no value and deemed not hire-worthy. The interviewers also were a bit unclear when throwing out the questions - speaking in broken sentences.

Interview Questions

• Towards the end of interview, I was asked "So,.... what are you in for?"   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

First you have to go online and spend about 30-45 minutes on filling out more paperwork and character assessments. You get to the interview and spend another 15-30 minutes on testing. The woman who interviewed me was not friendly. She was very condescending and judgmental. I was extremely uncomfortable. She did not even try to make me feel comfortable or welcome.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.