Uline Reviews

Found 1,025 of over 1,162 reviews

3.4
Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein
Pros
  • "Good pay and benefits for employees(in 113 reviews)

• "Great pay, good coworkers, good management(in 77 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes it can be difficult to find attire that meets the dress code(in 139 reviews)

• "The employees are at Uline are either(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Good Place to Work

Jan 18, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Coppell, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits for the type of work. Environment is professional. Training is really good. Managers are approachable. It’s busy but not overwhelming. Customers are nice and not upset.

Cons

Dress code takes getting used to. Job can be monotonous (call center). Sometimes days off are hard to get last minute.

61 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Love working here!

Jan 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top management really does care about you. Food is amazing in the cafe. Free massages, fitness center and personal trainer available. Training is really good. Beautiful office. Not just stuffy white walls. Bonuses are awesome. The cons are out weighed by all these pros

Cons

Business professional Dress code, can only have 5 personal items on your desk, strict 8-5 hours, clock in and clock out even for salary employees.

664 people found this review helpful

Uline Response

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with Uline and appreciate your feedback.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Join a team of Professionals!

Sep 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at one employer for the last 16 years and it was intimidating to start over at a new employer, but I am so glad I decided to join the Uline Team. Here’s why: -Team members and leadership are professional. -Excellent pay and benefits. -Growth opportunities. -A positive work environment. I am proud to be on the Uline Team and I am truly excited to have a long career here.

Cons

Some people may find the professional dress code restricting, but I feel it creates a positive culture and environment.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Sep 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They treat you like family.

Cons

There are none I would say honestly.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 3.0

Interview and Hiring feed back

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

****PLEASE ADVISE THAT THIS RATING HAS BEEN MADE FOR JOB SEEKERS AND WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT I HAVE NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AT ANY GIVEN POINT*** My goal is to provide feed back to those who are trying to acquire a costumer service job and get to you prepared what you might be facing from the manager who will be conducting your interview. So you can decide if you want to apply or not. Good luck to all future applicants. I applied and got an intreview on site. I arrived expecting I was going to be walked into a room and not expecting to sitting among other job candidates in the wearhouse. There was a lot of noise due to machines that people needs to operate. I believe that was very unprofessional setting, knowing that this is a corporation. A test was given by matching numbers and sequence that a first grader can do. Which I know for a fact I did well on the test due to the fact that I have worked as admin job, data entry and basic accounting principles including payroll. Not to mention that I have 15 years + experience in costumer service with Banking, Retail, Worked with government that I was responsible in approving foreign visas. Interview was easy and simple common questions. I was genuine and was being myself. They asked my salary expectations which it didn’t make any sense because when I applied online at their website it clearly states the beginning salary. So that was a wrong and dumb question to ask. So why should company ask this question when they are already telling you that you will get paid a specific amount for that job. Hello!!! I need to make more money so have they ask themselves why the reason I am applying ? When they know for a fact what my former employer is paying me.

Cons

1- too much noise at the time of interview that was hard to hear the person on the other end sitting on 6 feet of space. 2- Decision making was poor based on my experience that I have more than 15 years. 3- I received and email as fees back that Uline looks for talents so I was not one of them. 4- the person who interviewed me ask me the following, “ Do you know this is a costumer service roll and you have to deal with emails and so on? “ HELLO lady did you even bother reading my resume ? My QUESTIONS for the CEO are, 1- What talents is your corporation looking for and how do you define talents when it comes to Costumer Service? 2- Does your company believe that the person who conducted the intreview was even talented to ask for my salary expectations ? 3- Does your company also believe that by bringing all candidates right by entrance of the wearhouse was profesional and was that an action of being talented? 4- Does your company believes that the person you decided to put in charge in conducting interviews in a noise area means that they are talented? 5- Do your corporation believes that the Talented person “as you call” asked me a question, what are costumer service job responsibilities are? And are they even so talented to ask this type of question when my resume clearly states all that I have done? 5- Are your company core values clearly believes that a person who has experience doesn’t qualify for a job? 6- Do you believe that the person who interview me was very talented, to tell me that you have to deal with costumers and read emails and help them with their orders? 7- Do you even believe that she was so talented that she didn’t even bother to READ my resume so she was prepared to ask me questions? 8- After I received an email from HR that I wasn’t chosen. I requested any feed back of what I was missing to help me understand what they are looking for so I am well prepared next time I apply. (This was my third time) I also inform them that I can provide all my references from my previous jobs . I never received an answer from your HR department. Does that means that they are even talented and not to kind reply or acknowledge my email at least?

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Uline credit analyst

Sep 14, 2022 - Credit Analyst in Mount Pleasant, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good co workers and environment

Cons

Dress code no work from home

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

There are much better companies out there

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is nice but that's about it. Honestly can find a better company for the same pay in Atlanta.

Cons

No work, life balance. Don't really care when you have life stuff going on.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

No amount of money is worth working here

Sep 28, 2022 - Warehouse Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

clean bathrooms and rest of the building

Cons

Everything else, literally everything. Avoid

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Steady/Reliable Workplace

Sep 9, 2022 - Corporate Buyer in Pleasant Prairie, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Continuously growing company with no sign of slowing down -Great amenities (state of the art walking trails, gym, extremely clean buildings, subsidized cafe with amazing food), better pay than average, reliable bonuses -Fun, nice and helpful employees. Everyone is willing to chip in to get the job done or to get your question answered -Recent changes in leadership have shifted the Purchasing department to be more aligned, allowing you to focus on specific categories and become an expert on your products -"Create Your Own Day" type workload, which allows for flexibility on when you complete tasks or when you take your lunch break -Flexible hours, within reason. Standard hours are 7am-4pm (with a 1 hour lunch), with the latest start time being 9am -Most expectations are clearly laid out -16 days PTO to start, 21 after 5 years, 26 after 15 -Uline covers the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance -401k and 401roth options with 5% company match -Infertility treatments covered at 80% by insurance, up to $100k -Specific vaccines not required

Cons

-No WFH -Strict rules of dress code and desk "cleanliness" are enforced -Dress Code: ties daily for men, dresses and skirts or full suit for women, tights required for women 6 months of the year -Hours are tracked and reported on (must clock in and out daily, required to average 45 hours each week) -No sick time - PTO is to be used anytime you are out of the office -FMLA/Short Term Disability for Maternity leave (STD paid at 60% for 6 weeks, 6 weeks unpaid) -Audit culture has somewhat relaxed, but is very dependent on your director

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Working at Uline

Sep 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

End of the year bonus, merit salary increase, random sales bonus throughout the year if sales goal reached, nice facility and outdoor walking paths. Subsidized lunch with lots of good options.

Cons

Strict dress code of business professional. Bad dental coverage. Randomly drug tested. In office for 45 hours a week. No option for remote work. Management has weird processes. If president doesn’t like something even if proven otherwise, then it won’t happen. Super conservative and CEO/president is very public about political views.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,025 Reviews

Uline Reviews FAQs

Uline has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,162 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Uline to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Uline employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Uline. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

63% of Uline employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Uline 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Uline Job Seekers