Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Unisys Interview Questions

Updated 13 Nov 2018

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Eagan, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Connected with company through university career fair. Had 2 phone interviews than an extensive interview with supervisors or higher ranked employees. Interview was about 4 hours and consisted of character questions, past experiences and a brief technical examination on knowledge of C/C++ and database administration. After interview there was an extensive reference check dating back 7 years and a drug test (Urine Analysis) after accepting offer. All interviewers were friendly and more than happy to answer any questions that I had. The recruiter was also very helpful in completing all required steps after offer accepted.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a challenging problem in [programming language], how you solved it and what brought you to that solution?   Answer Question

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. More of a behavioral interview. The main part of the interview that everyone has to pass is the drug test. The hardest part of the interview process was dealing with their drug test agency that schedules your appointment. The agency messed up twice with my appointment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Unisys (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Unisys and I was called to set up an interview after a short conversation. The interview process was as follows: It started at 9 am and ended at 2 pm. There were 5 very knowledgable senior employees of Unisys who spoke to me and went through my resume to understand in detail everything I have presented on the resume. They explained to me about the company and asked me questions to see whether I am passionate to be a part of the team. Other than having a strong technical background, they seemed to prioritize a candidate with communication skills and one who can work well in a collaborative environment.

Interview Questions

• What was the easiest class you took and why? I was thrown off for some reason even though the question is very simple.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

Interview

Very casual and easy. The hiring manager called me up to talk about what I wanted to do before graduation and after the phone conversation he said he wanted to talk to me in person.

In person interview was very easy. No standard technical questions. Just asked what I had done in previous projects and at school. I just was asked standard HR questions. The most technical question I was asked was what was my favorite programming language and why. I didn't go into a lot of detail before they were satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work on a time and describe the challenges   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-minute technical interview over the phone before being invited to an on-site interview, which I declined. The recruiter was pushy and aggressive every time we spoke, which gave a very bad impression of the company. My phone interview was conducted by two new hires who were waiting on government clearances, so they had not actually done any work for the company yet. I questioned why they were screening candidates using individuals who had not yet proven themselves to be competent and effective employees. They were obviously unable to answer any questions I had about working at Unisys since they had not started working yet. This was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on terminology (i.e. "what is overriding in Java?"). There were no problem-solving questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unisys (Malvern, PA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I took the Septa Regional Rail to Malvern, and was then picked up from the station after a bit of waiting. The actual interview was fairly easy. There were no technical questions, and the interviewer spent more time talking about the company, position, and project (STEALTH) more than they asked me questions. There were only a few behavioral questions. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unisys (Greenville, SC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews. I had an intial phone screenng with a lead architect followed by two additional phone interviews with a manager and a director. I was asked a lot of difficult hypothetical questions.

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in July 2012.

Interview

3 telephone calls, 1 in person interview, then offer, best exerience I have ever had. Spoke with recruiter, then VP od Sales, then Area Director. Then they flew me in to meet the Area Director. met with them in person for an hour or two over dinner, flew home.

Negotiation

straight forward, a little negotiation, but they were stuck with a very limited budget

CIR4 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unisys in April 2009.

Interview

Formerly employed as a Contractor for Unisys for over one year. Then when an acceptable opening occurred, notice of interest was communicated via the web site. Upon strong recommendation of a former manager, a direct-hire offer was made. Interviews were conducted over the phone by a contract recruiter acting on behalf of Unisys. Offer was made contingent on a stringent background check. Upon completion by Choicepoint Workplace Solutions, a member of the Unisys Security Team called with a few follow up questions, then within a couple of days clearance was granted and the on-boarding process completed. Unisys is a large international company and it is often difficult to know who to reach with HR questions, etc. Surprisingly, managers hire many people sight unseen! This is especially true with contractors whereby someone may be placed on a client premise prior to completion of background investigation and drug test.

Negotiation

Not much in the way of negotiation occurred. Offer was fairly firm.

Client Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Blue Bell, PA (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

Initial contact from recruiting was thorough - phone screen addressed all initial questions, additional contact before in person interview, interviewed with peers and management (~6 total) - ran longer than expected, completed in 1 day, directions to location were good to have!

Interview Questions

• All questions were in line with expectations - no curve or trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was possible (not needed - presented offer within expectations).

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.