Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Unisys Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jul 2018

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Eagan, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Connected with company through university career fair. Had 2 phone interviews than an extensive interview with supervisors or higher ranked employees. Interview was about 4 hours and consisted of character questions, past experiences and a brief technical examination on knowledge of C/C++ and database administration. After interview there was an extensive reference check dating back 7 years and a drug test (Urine Analysis) after accepting offer. All interviewers were friendly and more than happy to answer any questions that I had. The recruiter was also very helpful in completing all required steps after offer accepted.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a challenging problem in [programming language], how you solved it and what brought you to that solution?   Answer Question

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. More of a behavioral interview. The main part of the interview that everyone has to pass is the drug test. The hardest part of the interview process was dealing with their drug test agency that schedules your appointment. The agency messed up twice with my appointment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Unisys (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Unisys and I was called to set up an interview after a short conversation. The interview process was as follows: It started at 9 am and ended at 2 pm. There were 5 very knowledgable senior employees of Unisys who spoke to me and went through my resume to understand in detail everything I have presented on the resume. They explained to me about the company and asked me questions to see whether I am passionate to be a part of the team. Other than having a strong technical background, they seemed to prioritize a candidate with communication skills and one who can work well in a collaborative environment.

Interview Questions

• What was the easiest class you took and why? I was thrown off for some reason even though the question is very simple.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unisys (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I got a phone from the recruiter for initial process and then face to face interview with a manager and a team lead.There was not much technical question it was casual communication like your weakness,about previous projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

Interview

Very casual and easy. The hiring manager called me up to talk about what I wanted to do before graduation and after the phone conversation he said he wanted to talk to me in person.

In person interview was very easy. No standard technical questions. Just asked what I had done in previous projects and at school. I just was asked standard HR questions. The most technical question I was asked was what was my favorite programming language and why. I didn't go into a lot of detail before they were satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work on a time and describe the challenges   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-minute technical interview over the phone before being invited to an on-site interview, which I declined. The recruiter was pushy and aggressive every time we spoke, which gave a very bad impression of the company. My phone interview was conducted by two new hires who were waiting on government clearances, so they had not actually done any work for the company yet. I questioned why they were screening candidates using individuals who had not yet proven themselves to be competent and effective employees. They were obviously unable to answer any questions I had about working at Unisys since they had not started working yet. This was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on terminology (i.e. "what is overriding in Java?"). There were no problem-solving questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unisys (Malvern, PA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I took the Septa Regional Rail to Malvern, and was then picked up from the station after a bit of waiting. The actual interview was fairly easy. There were no technical questions, and the interviewer spent more time talking about the company, position, and project (STEALTH) more than they asked me questions. There were only a few behavioral questions. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unisys (Greenville, SC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews. I had an intial phone screenng with a lead architect followed by two additional phone interviews with a manager and a director. I was asked a lot of difficult hypothetical questions.

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Blue Bell, PA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with 4 people. Met with the previous Social Media Lead and worked my way up to VP. All four employees asked the same questions. They told me what they did and what I would be doing to help their department out. Repetition is key and trying to help them understand what social media does, analyzing, metrics, conversions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a campaign for us you would use to get more people to our job portal site.   4 Answers

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in July 2012.

Interview

3 telephone calls, 1 in person interview, then offer, best exerience I have ever had. Spoke with recruiter, then VP od Sales, then Area Director. Then they flew me in to meet the Area Director. met with them in person for an hour or two over dinner, flew home.

Negotiation

straight forward, a little negotiation, but they were stuck with a very limited budget

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.