WhatCulture Interview Questions

Updated 5 Nov 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 4 interviews

Interviews at WhatCulture

Negative100%
Applied online100%
1.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at WhatCulture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WhatCulture (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

Literally just a Skype chat. Negotiated to make a WhatCulture video and paid for my time. Assets were sent to me the next working day. Been working on it for three weeks now, with regular feedback which is fair enough. However it's just not worth the pay or time. I've been asked to change everything with no signs of being paid or being hired, even if it's just as a freelancer. Waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Previous experience
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sat home

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WhatCulture (Sat home)

Interview

There wasn't any interview process, I submitted a writing sample and Matt Holmes said I would be a good fit for the website which I foolishly accepted. It should have been a warning sign.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhatCulture (Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

I was invited to conduct a Skype interview, which I assumed would be a video chat. It was actually a text chat conducted with a faceless profile. They asked me basic questions about employment, salary, location etc, but on subsequent occasions, I was asked the same questions again. I was told to submit another article, and if they liked it, I would be invited to go to WhatCulture's offices to meet the team and integrate. Once I was hired, however, this offer was rescinded with no explanation, and I was told that I could just work from home using text chat contact. I was also hired as a 'Content Creator', not a 'Magazine Writer', and was given no opportunity to write for the magazine. This was never explained to me throughout the interviewing process either. The whole affair was deeply impersonal, and came across like the interviewer didn't really care about the person they were hiring, only that they could generate content efficiently. Rather more baffling, I had already been working for WhatCulture as a freelancer, and had written about 6-7 articles for them up to that point, but the interviewer seemed to have no knowledge or recollection of this.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

WhatCulture

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WhatCulture

Interview

Conducted through email. No formal interview took place. The entire process was very simple and very straightforward. This also meant that later on it was very vague as to what influence the editorial staff would have over a writer's work.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly just about the type of subject matter I would want to write on and where I could contribute to the site. There really wasn't a great deal of talk.
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed