William Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 May 2019

2.5

Sort:

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at William Hill (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a phone pre-interview, an in-person interview with the team, practical skills questions on problems we are currently dealing with, and general work experience questions. The goal is to determine skill level and team fit to some degree. The people you interview with are usually the people you will be working with, so you can also make a decision to pursue the job opportunity or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you test <system description>?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at William Hill (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Friday and was called the following Monday for an interview. Met with 2 members of the management team who only had a couple of questions to ask and I spend more time asking questions of them. Was told at the end of the interview that I would hear back in a couple of weeks and it has exceeded that time now with no response back from either the company nor the people I interviewed with. Apparently, it must not be important to get back with people or in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve morale?   1 Answer

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at William Hill (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Asked about my experiences and background. The basic interview questions. It was an average process. Since I have experience, I was hired on spot. I was explained what job duties I would perform and what I have to know to succeed in my day to day activities.

Interview Questions

• This position can be repetitive. Can you handle that?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Hill.

Interview

standard questions ... why do you want to work here ... ask about general work experience and how you will handle customers on a day to day basis ... betting knowledge is also helpful to have

Interview Questions

• name a time you helped a difficult customer   2 Answers

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at William Hill (Essex, MD (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview went really well I had a male and female interviewer they was friendly and seemed flexible with the days I can do as I have two children. I start in a few weeks time.

VIP RACE MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at William Hill (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Setting up the interview was a bit of a mess. I received a call from HR and was told to be prepared for a FaceTime call with my potential manager. When it came time for that call he called me and told me someone that he was going to interview me with him was unable to keep the time and he wasnted to reschedule for later in the day (Fine, I realize things happen) - then, later that day when we it was time for the rescheduled Facetime interview the second person was not on the interview, nor did we FaceTime (despite being told by HR to be FaceTime ready, etc). Despite all of this it was a great interview and I had hopes I would move on. Move on I did and I was scheduled for another Facetime Interview -- this time with two other high ups. After a great FaceTime interview with them I was told there would likely be a third interview with another higher up + a potential fly-out and in-person interview and that I should hear something by the end of the week. After following up with all of the interviewers (the day of/day following the interview and HR (a week later) and being told "they were still deliberating, but I would be told when they found anything out" -- I was never contacted either way and my application status is STILL "under review" online. Disappointing -

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What makes you qualified? What is your racing/gambling experience? etc.   Answer Question

William Hill Response

5 Apr 2016 – William Hill US Representative

Thank you for your interest in William Hill and thank you for your honesty in reviewing our interview process. It is great to hear feedback on how we can improve this for our candidates. I apologize... More

Director of Race Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Hill (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I've seen a few people with the same experience I had in pursuing this position -- phone interview with head of HR, followed by a video interview with three senior management types, with the same explanation of what would happen next -- a meeting with (in all likelihood) the CEO. But that third step never came, nor did any communication on where I stood. And talk about a tease -- the first question HR asked me in the phone screening interview was if there ever would be a point in the hiring process in which the CEO at William Hill US could reach out to my current general manager. I knew my resume was dynamic and matched everything they were looking for -- for that question to be asked right out the box was just the first step in what ultimately was a significant letdown.

That William Hill reposted the position shows WH never truly knew what they wanted. Not to mention it was reposted with some brutally horrific errors -- was knowledge of the horse racing industry preferred, or was strong knowledge of the horse racing industry required? The new ad actually had both of these items under "Qualifications". Of course, when I reach out to HR about the position's status about 3 1/2 months after the video interview , I get turbo-responded with a form email detailing they've already filled the position. Total bush league for them not to have sent something earlier.

Let's be clear -- at this point I already knew I wasn't going to get the job. You just know these things. And I've got other strong prospects in other segments of the gaming industry that I'm pursuing. But you're not gonna advance me that deep in the process and then just hope I go away.

Sports wagering is the next frontier for explosive growth in this country's gaming industry, but I'll never again seek employment with William Hill. If they treat their current employees like they do prospective employees, it's an obvious hard pass for me and should be for you too.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at William Hill (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Made to wait 25 minutes for the manager to come and take me for the interview. He didn't seem interested at all. We spoke at length about the job. Wasn't keen on having a shop full of money and being the only one without security etc.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at William Hill (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was approached by recruiter to apply on William Hill Online.
    First interview was with Software R&D manager. It was technical interview and personal interview. The position requires intimate and cooperative work with the Software R&D manager. It was a kind of mutual interview to find personal matching. The recruiting process is pass 4 interviews, each interview is an access gate.
    Second interview was remote via Skype, professional architecture interview with UK Architecture team manager. The interview was professional and technical in nature. Identifying and describing mutual expectations.
    Third interview was with 2nd level manager. IT operations manager. It was technical and personal. Very experienced and sharp interviewer.
    Forth interview was with HR. Very methodological and experienced HR recruiter, asked the professional history, passions, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses.
    I got to the finals. And was rejected, HR said the selected person has more technical skills.

It was an emotional roller coaster, I fell on my face with disappointment.

CEA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at William Hill (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to attend an interview in quite a far away location. It was essentially an informal chat, and I later found out (once I had the job) that my interviewers weren't even in my cluster.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.