XL Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 11 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (Cerritos, CA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

There were 3 stages to the interview process. The first was a paper-and-pen skills test where they asked you IQ questions and coding questions. The IQ test was straightforward and rather fun. The coding part was also straightforward, basic C++ and Java stuff. They didn't seem very serious about me taking the test, though. I was put in the open with everyone else and the person next to me was blaring music all the time. When I was done, they told me I'd hear back within 2 or 3 days. After 4 days, I went back and asked them what happened, and they told me they meant 2 or 3 weeks.

3 weeks later, a HR person called me to go in for a 1:1 interview with a software engineer. That went pretty well, and the guy said he would recommend me to HR. I got a 2nd call 2 days later to go talk with the COO. I thought that was a great sign. The COO was obnoxious when I got there. She was 10 minutes late, even though I arrived 20 minutes early. She barely said 'hi', even though I greeted her first. She barely said 2 sentences to me, and just walked off, without telling me to follow her. In the end, she led me to the pantry where we had our "interview". She kept asking me why I left my previous job, when it was obvious it was an internship and I had just graduated. I kept pointing out that I had just graduated. 2 minutes into the interview, her phone rang and she was on in for 5 minutes. Then, she asked me a couple of questions for another 2 minutes and that was it. I got a call a week later, saying I didn't have the "right qualifications" for the job. If I didn't have the "right qualifications", why interview me in the first place?

Interview Questions

• Write SQL Select statements to generate the following tables.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (Cerritos, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

After applying online they gave you a date for a test. When you arrived at the site you waited for other to arrive. The group was then lead to a table in a break room and given a test packet. After completing the packet you found your way to the entrance and gave the packet to the receptionist. Never received a call back, didn't care to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about HTTP.   1 Answer
    • copy the first for bits and the last 4 bits of char pointer p = "abc" to char c   Answer Question

Financial Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Initially a simple aptitute test. Followed by a technical round which consisted a long case study. The case study was based on mortgage market. They would ask the questions from case study itself. One of the questions included how much would you give as a lone if the guarantor has rs. 10 lakh property as mortgage ?

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly from the case study that they give to you, and would ask how you arrived at the particular value. Everthing is given in case itself.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XL Dynamics.

Interview

Pretty easy id' say. Comprehension, Aptitude and interview.
    The comprehension was easy and the aptitude very basic.
    Pretty doable. i applied via online agencies.
    The interview had basic questions.
    Pretty easy id' say. Comprehension, Aptitude and interview.
    The comprehension was easy and the aptitude very basic.
    Pretty doable. i applied via online agencies.
    The interview had basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (Mumbai) in December 2015.

Interview

Xl Dynamics came to our college so three rounds were there Aptitude, reasoning and English after that there was a group discussion in which topic green was given and the last part final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (Mumbai) in March 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test was of basic level. Technical Interview with TL who assesses your basic understanding of case study. HR Interview to gauge your personality.
    Then based on your performance you are selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join XL Dynamics?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at XL Dynamics.

Interview

Written test, Digital interview, Personal interview.
    1. Aptitude test and English test- communication and comprehension.Time was not a constraint but accuracy and method was checked.
    2. Once you clear the written test interview is scheduled on the same day.
    It took a whole day for this process.

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (New Delhi) in August 2012.

Interview

They usually do mass recruitment. The first they just try to filter as much candidates as possible by written test. the first test includes 30 questions covering logical reasoning and mortgage related questions. The second test includes a case study on mortgage banking. Both the tests are really easy. Third round includes a face to face interview, all technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (Mumbai) in February 2014.

Interview

It has 4 elimination rounds, Aptitude - This round test apti skills like logical reasoning, Numerical and algebraic skills and decision making skills, Case study - For this round prepare your basic understanding about U.S Mortgage and lending process, then focus on origination's of loans and expect case study on mortgage lending operations, HR Round - Its a round where H.R personnel will ask you regarding your past experience, family, about case study or mortgage domain. Technical round - Expect lot of questions on case study and mortgage operations, they will check your previous skill set by asking few questions like on excel, reports etc.

Question asked to me
    1. Tell me about yourself?
    2. Tell about your past experience?
    3. Are you comfortable joining in few days?
    4. What time it took to travel till this office and is it OK for you to travel same daily?
    5. Question on past experience?
    6. Questions on Case Study?(its very important)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join XL Dynamics when presently your are working in a reputable organization?   1 Answer

I was not satisfied with salary structure as It had lots of variable included.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at XL Dynamics (Mumbai) in May 2013.

Interview

The rounds were:
    1. Aptitude test where logical reasoning and general aptitude questions were asked.
    2. Case Study : Passage on mortgage. Read it carefully and try to remember the concepts and terms. Questions in the interview will be asked on the answers you write in this case study and also on the concepts mentioned.
    3. Interview both technical and HR together. They will ask questions about 18 months bond(there is no bond they will ask just to know your interest in company) and night shift. Be prepared. Questions from the case study and your resume.

Interview Questions

• No Difficult questions everything is easy   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.