Yankee Candle Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Yankee Candle Interview Questions

Updated 10 Nov 2018

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Taylor, MI (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Decent interview with SM for about an hour and a half. Waited around for an hour in mall for DM to arrive for second interview. Was called an hour later after I left to basically let me know I got the job and that I was a great candidate.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Deerfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (South Deerfield, MA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

On 4/25/2012 I drove from southern CT, to the Yankee Candle Co. Warehouse in S. Deerfield, MA for an appointment for 3:00pm. I was in town around 12:00 noon and waited for 3:00 pm to come around and finally arrived around 2 and filled out their application. After meeting with a rep from HR was then told I would have to come back for a second interview and meet the managers of the department for the position I was told was available. Well, after trying to kill 7 hours in no-where land MASS, (went to see a movie that I miss-judged the time it got over) ended up being 15 minutes late for the second interview. But I am glad that I was or I might have made a big mistake working for Y.C. as the people I was to meet treated me very poorly. Now, I was expecting the outcome of this second meeting because of my tardiness but did not expect such a rude greeting as they did not introduce themselves nor wanted to hear me out for my reasons or the effort I had already put into this application, nor the fact that I was willing to stay in the area for the second meeting without any prior notice that a second interview would be needed. This job interview made me realize how desperate I had become to get a job. Will take care in the future to the job posting for which I apply for. Thank you Yankee Candle.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Lewisville, TX (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It took maybe 15-20 minutes with the store manager. She asked several different questions about how I would handle certain situations and my experience in retail. For management positions such as mine I had a phone interview with the district manager. The phone interview wasn't very long either and a lot of the questions were the same.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a very upset customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

I applied online. It took couple weeks for the hiring manager to call me. I missed the call and immediately called back only to respond that I couldn't make it to their interview day. They said they'll call back within the next two days. It had been a week and finally heard back from them. However, I missed the call and called them back only to be informed that they'll call me back to set up an interview. It had been another week. It's literally a phone tag. Especially when I received a voicemail from a different woman for Yankee Candle and gave one last final call to inquire about setting up an interview (and finally talked to the hiring manager) the tone of her voice was...not welcoming. She told me that she would call back next week. When the next week came and went, I decided that this was enough. This made me think twice about taking an interview with them and walked away. Plus, the hiring manager's voice was brusque and unpleasant, especially to a potential interviewee.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle in March 2015.

Interview

I would say it was an average time length before I got a call to come in. During the interview the Manager made comments like, "I don't like these questions." "They make us ask these questions I'm sorry." Why are you apologizing? The questions are there for a reason, and if you don't know the reason maybe you don't know what answers you are supposed to be looking for.She also asked what position I was applying for because she wasn't sure what they posted. When I said "Ast. Mgr." she stated it was for 1st or 2nd ast. mgr. I explained I didn't know what either was. She tried to explain saying they do what the store manager does but I heard no difference in the job description. I was unsure if she even knew, despite being with the company over 5 years. She explained her experience with Yankee and how she left and tried to look for another job and came back and thought, "well I'll just stay till I can find something else." Wow that sounded like she really wanted to come back. Again not a positive thing to say to a potential employee. What came next was the deal breaker for me. She asked me about my salary requirements and when I gave her my numbers, her response was, "Well our company doesn't pay well, we are high end." What? Done. I am thankful I was offered another position with another company. Is it legal to ask for your birthdate on paperwork, without an offer to do a background check? In my experience you are offered the job PENDING passing the background check. No offer was made before filling out the paperwork.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Stamford, CT (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a store manager. She was very pleasant and laid back. Described the job very well. Asked about my retail experience and why I applied to Yankee Candle. I was very comfortable . Explained to me district manager upon her recommendation would do a second interview. Hopefully I will get to that step.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what fragrance I liked the best. Also if I would have a problem working with the scents.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Cranston, RI (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with a really nice manager. Got a great feeling about the company. I ended up deciding to stay with my current employer because the money was better.

Interview Questions

Just money, I liked the store manager she was great I even felt bad turning down.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the SM and the DM. Both had simple questions mostly centered around customer service. The Back ground check took forever. (1 Month) . Interviewed with the SM first then had to wait for the DM to be availible for the second interview, was called the day of and asked if i could squeeze it in.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about the worst place I've ever worked and it's hard to anwser honestly and not bad mouth a former employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

What is offered is what you get take it or leave it. I know this from hiring later on.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

The manager met with me and was very kind and engaging. We not only interviewed, but we talked about ourselves as well, a little bit about our personalities, our experiences, different work environments. I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about prior work experience and different work situations. I had worked two jobs before this one, and she asked about situations that applied to both. She asked if I enjoyed my time at both places and how I came to work there.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Tulsa, OK (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

It was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

They pay very poorly and I was over qualified.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.