Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Yelp

2,538 Interview Reviews

2.8

Marketing - Director Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Phone screen with HR (gal was very distracted, seemed very disinterested throughout the entire process), followed by video interview with hiring manager (felt rushed, guy was curt and kept interrupting me/cutting me off), then video presentation to hiring manager + three peers. They stated up front that I shouldn't spend more than 2-3 hours working on the homework presentation. I spent probably 5-6 hours on it. If you want to create a quality presentation, you will definitely spend more than the time they suggest. Good morning experience but wouldn't apply for another job here if it reported to the same hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• We have no problems getting businesses to claim their page, we have a problem with churn. How would you resolve that problem?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

3 part process, over phone or in person. Standard interview questions. Meet with a recruiter and followed up with a current manager. They test your ability to adapt to suggestions in a mock sales scenario

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Overall, it was a positive experience. Professional and straightforward with no hiccups. All in all, the process was 3 weeks from applying to receiving an official offer letter. I also enjoyed the onsite visit, the office was beautiful.

AE Interview

Interview

It was one on one with someone asking me questions in a room and writing down my responses. Pretended to be on the phone and did scenarios. They were nice and friendly to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Good process, formal and professional with 3+ interviewers during the last round. Final round takes place at the office in SoMa. Role is more data related than strategy related.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Recruiter was nice. Took an excel test and was told that I would be discussing it with a team member. Instead, received an generic rejection email the next day.

Interview Questions

• Create and define a metric that measures user retention from a review writing standpoint.   Answer Question
    • (Using given data set) What is the average number of posts an active user makes in a given month? An active user is someone who posts at least 1x a month.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Yelp's interview process is one of, if not the, best I've seen. The company conducts their interviews in a quick and seamless fashion, typically in one week intervals. After submitting my application I was contacted in less than a week by a hiring manager and got set up for a phone interview. These are more of introductory questions to get a better gauge on how much you know about Yelp as a company and the kind of role you're applying for (Yelp is really great at explaining the position and establishing expectations for any potential new employee). If you pass their first phone screening, you'll move forward with the in-person interview which is conducted in a group setting and then you'll separate for individual interviews with managers later on. This was the most fun part about the whole process, Yelp's offices are big, bright, and always full of buzzing employees. It's an incredible energy to witness. The manager that interviewed me made me feel really comfortable, we discussed my resume a bit but this part is mostly focused on sales role-playing so they can get a better glimpse into how you communicate/establish relationships. Biggest tip is to know what you're passionate about as they will use this to have you create a sales scenario! If you pass the in-person interview, the third phone call is one last run-around of the expectations that the position entails and another opportunity to ask questions. I got a job offer by the end of that third phone call!

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that isn't on this resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

After I applied online the recruiter quickly reached out to me. It was very organized and I received a document detailing the process at the beginning of the process. Online coding challenge and then a coding challenge with a member of the engineering team. After this would have been the final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to pair groups of people into randomized pairs, assign leftover people to pairs to make a group of three.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter reached out. Communication was very quick on their end. Went through three interviews, two of them technical, with one of those being with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Find the nth term in a Pascal triangle.   1 Answer

Interview

great interview. easy to understand and allows you to have great open communication with the interviewer. Have a positive attitude and be open to the multilevel interview process which is much needed

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.