Yelp Reviews

3.5
Yelp Co-Founder & CEO Jeremy Stoppelman
Jeremy Stoppelman
1,918 Ratings
Pros
  • "The coworkers, free food , free coffee(in 310 reviews)

• "great culture and great people to work with(in 225 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Stressful, product isn't believable to sell to business owners(in 274 reviews)

• "High volume cold calls are a must(in 89 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on

Tech India

1d

works at

HSBC

How do you deal with relatives who ask about your package in the family gatherings ?

93 Comments

Tech India

82.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Yelp~43314
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sales

Apr 1, 2022 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training here at Yelp

Cons

Training moves very quickly here.

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for your five-star feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you found our training program to be of value, we will be sure to keep up the great work on this front. Keep up the awesome work!

2. 5.0

Great!

Feb 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best companies to work with.

Cons

Great place! Amazing work culture.

3. 3.0

ok

Dec 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people The Amenities Office

Cons

Too much pressure Demoralizing Competition among peers/friendships

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Aug 27, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work at.

Cons

None really that I’m aware of.

Continue reading
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jan 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast development, this will help to learn a lot

Cons

Proper coding style is not followed

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good starting place

Jul 3, 2022 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, benefits, work life balance

Cons

Pay is not as competitive as other tech companies, growth is hard to come by internally

Yelp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed being a part of our diverse and inclusive culture. Our people truly make Yelp such an awesome place to work! In addition, it's great that you felt supported and empowered to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We know how important it is for folks to take time away from their desk to relax and recharge, and we are so happy that you found that here. We strive to offer world-class benefits to our employees and focus on total compensation. This includes things like stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401(k) matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. We work really hard to provide our folks with the things that they value most – total rewards. We are so thankful for all of your hard work and contributions during your time on our team, and we wish you the very best in your next role!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Glassdoor needed a review to use

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Managers truly care about your well-being

Cons

N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Yelp Review

Jul 2, 2022 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training great atmosphere culture and people

Cons

low base pay for local sales

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are so glad that you had an overall awesome experience on our team and that you enjoyed being a part of our diverse and inclusive culture. We couldn't agree more that the people here are great. They truly make Yelp an awesome place to work! In addition, it's awesome that found our in-depth sales training to be helpful in building a strong foundation in your sales career. Here at Yelp, we strive to focus on total compensation, which includes things like stock incentives, cash bonuses, 401(k) matching, and employer-paid insurance to name a few. Our world-class benefits focus on what our folks value most, which is total rewards. We are so thankful for your feedback, and we wish you the absolute best in your next adventure!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jul 1, 2022 - Mid-Market Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong work / life balance. Flex and positive enviornment.

Cons

Not many to name. Great company

Yelp Response

Thanks for your five-star feedback! We are so glad that you feel empowered and supported in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Taking time away from your desk is so important for you to relax and recharge! Thank you for all that you do for our team. We are looking forward to many more years of growth!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jun 30, 2022 - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great BENIFITS, Great Team culture

Cons

No cons. it's extremely hard which comes with

Yelp Response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you're having a five-star experience on our team. We truly appreciate all of your hard work. We're looking forward to many more years of growth!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,025 Reviews
    </>Embed

Yelp Reviews FAQs

Yelp has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 4,192 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Yelp to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Yelp employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Yelp. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

62% of Yelp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Yelp 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Yelp Job Seekers