ZAPR Media Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 4 Apr 2019

3.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for Software Engineer position at Zapr Media Labs . The interview consisted of 4 technical rounds ( 1 online and 3 offline) and then followed by discussion with VP.

The interviews was focused mainly on Data Structures , System Design Questions and Projects in my resume.

Interviewers were very helpful and friendly and were very patient to understand and evaluate every approach that I tried to solve a particular problem.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a particular tree in optimal manner with node information present in array and indices of array representing its parent node information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to attend a Algorithmic coding interview in hackerrank platform(This was done @ home)
    They called for an F2F a day later. The Interview had two technical rounds and two consecutive rounds with a Senior engineering manager and a VP about my past work, expectations from Zapr etc.

The technical rounds were purely related to algorithms and data structures, important topics to note are dynamic programming and Binary Trees.

The overall interview experience was great and was well planned by the HR.
    The whole interview process took me an entire day but was happy to receive the offer letter on the same day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs in July 2017.

Interview

The campus recruitment process happened on two days. It was well planned.

Day 1 : Pre placement talk and then Online test which consisted of a few MCQs and 2 coding questions.
                      40 people were shortlisted out of 150.
    Day 2:
                  a) Group Coding Round - We were divided into 5 groups of 8 each. Each group had one coding question. They shortlisted 2-3 people from each group for the next round. Totally 17 were shortlisted for the interviews.
                  b) Interview Round 1 - The interviewer asked us to explain our projects. Then he asked me a few questions about Database Systems, OS, Data Structures.
    10 were shortlisted for the next round of technical interview.
                  c) Interview Round 2 - The panel had two members. They were very friendly and helpful. They asked me a question on Data Structures as I told them that it was my favourite subject. They gave me the right hints and guided me so that I could arrive at the solution.
    4 students were selected for the HR round.
                  d) HR round - The interviewer asked me why I wanted to join ZAPR. Then he told me about the responsibilities of working in a startup and how it is different from working in an MNC.
    They selected 4 students and I was fortunate to be one of them.

Interview Questions

ZAPR Media Labs Response

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback and we're happy you've accepted our offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in July 2017.

Interview

There were two technical rounds of interview followed by one HR round. The technical round was mainly based on the subject Data Structures, Operating System and DBMS. In Data structures it was based on the concept related to Linked list and Trees.

Interview Questions

• The questions were like:
      1) Given two head pointer to two linked list and it is given that they are intersecting at one Node. Find the Node which is the intersection of Both the linked list.
      2) Given a square matrix , print the content of the matrix in a spiral manner (which follows a pattern).
      3) Given an array do the in-place sorting where the output array should have the property as a[i]=a[a[i]] .   1 Answer

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

We're happy you've joined! :)

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in November 2017.

Interview

The overall interview process was smooth, warm and engaging. The panel made me feel extremely comfortable and provided a lot of information about the position, nature of work and the expectations from the position. I went through 3 rounds of interviews and every round was organized in an extremely methodical and systematic way.

Interview Questions

• My experience from my previous organizations and how this would help me to take Zapr to the next level.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs.

Interview

There were 3 rounds based on data structures and design questions.
    HR was not at all serious about opening and it was total waste of time to give interview at ZAPR. Same thing happened with my friend also.
    Wont even recommend to apply at ZAPR.

Interview Questions

ZAPR Media Labs Response

13 Oct 2017 – CEO

Hi - My name is Sandipan Mondal and I'm the cofounder and CEO at Zapr Media Labs. I do appreciate your candid feedback and I'm sorry that both you and your friend had a negative experience during the... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process included an online coding round and 3 video conferencing rounds. The interviewers were usually late, with rescheduling a few minutes before the start a common pattern. Post all the rounds, the HR just disappeared and I got no response whatsoever - it has been a month now. I emailed back them as well but I think they don't have the professional courtesy to atleast acknowledge a candidate whether it's a yes, no or in process. Most unprofessional handling of an interview I have ever come across.

Interview Questions

• questions based on data structures, distributed systems, kafka   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a consultancy for this role. I was called in the afternoon and was told there would be consecutive rounds based on my performance. I was unable to clear the first round itself.

Interview Questions

• There were a question on balancing curly brackets(minimum number of inversions of brackets needed to balance the given string of brackets), some questions about my current and past projects. The last was a question on problem solving involving arrays of numbers. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. The culture at Zapr also seemed relaxed and pleasant based on the conversations I had with the interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (New Delhi) in December 2017.

Interview

First of all, it's a very good company but it just fails when it comes to interviewing.

1. Online coding round (DS-Algo)
    2. VC round-1: Data structures, Algorithms, Databases
    3. VC round-2: Data structures, Algorithms, Mathematics, OOP

Interviewers might have good technical knowledge but they just sucked at interviewing skills.

In 2nd VC round, the interviewer was literally yawning (very frequently). The interviewer was not at all serious about interviewing.

If you people are not serious about the interview process, just don't waste others' as well as your time & energy.

HR was very supportive and it's rare to find HRs like her.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

I had applied to Zapr from Instahyre. Interview process of Zapr comprises 3 telephonic round, Android assignment, 2 Skype rounds.

First round was telephonic discussion and completely technical, in which I was asked questions related to Android, Java, Kotlin, Algorithms etc. In Android they asked how process and thread communication happens, Activity Manager Thread, Zygote, Accessing data via two process using Content Provider, Garbage Collection, Ways of Background Tasks in Android, Why Kotlin, Improvements in Kotlin, Android Application Architecture like MVP, MVVM and difference between them, advantage for them, Java Design patterns, Question based on creating SDKs in android, Gradle etc. In Algorithms they asked couple of questions based on LinkedList, Binary Tree and Trie.

After getting selected in first round, HR informed me that I have to complete an Android Assignment within 48 hrs to go ahead. Fortunately HR given me assignment on Friday night so that I got Sat Sun to complete it. Assignment was - I have to create an application which call iTunes api and it shows all searched data and images in Grid with infinite scroll. Important note was here that I cannot use any third party libraries for development. All Image downloading and caching stuff need to be done my own. And Assignment evaluated based on Coding Standards, Network Layer, Modular and reusable code structure and Async Image loading in list. I completed assignments within 48 hrs. I had shared assignment on BitBucket.

After a week I got a call from HR that I have been selected for next round of Interview with Tech Lead. It started on Skype and he started questions on Application Design of assignment. He asked questions regarding network layer, caching mechanisms and background tasks etc. Some questions were based on application architecture and Kotlin which I had used while building this project.

After a couple of days again I got call from HR that my next round of interview has been scheduled with Senior Engineering Manager. In this Skype round, He asked question related to Test Driven Development, How to optimise battery consumption of app, how to reduce memory footprint and size of app, How to creating multiple apks, pro guard file etc. He had also asked about project delivery, meeting deadlines etc.

In Next telephonic round with VP Engineering, he asked about my prior and current work projects. Apart of Android, He was checking how I’m exploring other technologies as well. I mentioned that I have done some work in react native and iOS as well. He told me about Zapr, how it works, what are the future projects.

In Next telephonic round with HR, she told me that I have selected for this position and She discussed all stuffs regarding position and my roles and responsibilites in Zapr. I want to say Thanks to HR who had consistently helped me throughout the process and she given all updates and interview feedback regularly which gave me great confidence in this whole process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions related to Android, Java, Kotlin, Algorithms etc. In Android they asked how process and thread communication happens, Activity Manager Thread, Zygote, Accessing data via two process using Content Provider, Garbage Collection, Ways of Background Tasks in Android, Why Kotlin, Improvements in Kotlin, Android Application Architecture like MVP, MVVM and difference between them, advantage for them, Java Design patterns, Question based on creating SDKs in android, Gradle etc. In Algorithms they asked couple of questions based on LinkedList, Binary Tree and Trie. Test Driven Development, How to optimise battery consumption of app, how to reduce memory footprint and size of app, How to creating multiple apks, pro guard file etc. He had also asked about project delivery, meeting deadlines etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.