ZAPR Media Labs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ZAPR Media Labs Interview Questions

Interviews at ZAPR Media Labs

3.3

H R Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs.

Interview

The interviews were done in succession without much gap in between 2 rounds. Interviews were detailed and decent amount of time was invested by the interviewers throughout the process. Interviews were very conversational and not something where we stuck to the resume.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in December 2019.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 rounds-
    1) Technical - SQL coding on zap dataset, R Basics, ML Basics
    2) Case Studies, Problem Solving and Metrics - Gave two case studies to solve, mainly to judge how you solve a problem and which metrics do you check for solving one
    3) Hiring Manager Round - Mostly to tell you about what to expect from the company and the work

Interview Questions

• How would you identify audience for showing a Sony smart tv ad?   Answer Question
    • How would you analyse performance of a new media application?   Answer Question

Manager - Data Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru).

Interview

The Interview consisted of 4 rounds.
    Round 1 - VC Introduction + Technical (Key topics - Media optimisation, Media Data (offline + online)
    Round 2 - Technical (Key topics - Tools for data manipulation, Attribution)
    Round 3 - Technical + Managerial
    Round 4 - Meet the founders (Conversational)

Interview Questions

• Media Landscape
      a. Attribution of media $$ and paths to conversion
      b. Medial planning optimisation (Offline + Online)   Answer Question

Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in November 2019.

Interview

It's a good and amazing. They asked me several questions and about my profession background. The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between me and my manager. Manager asked questions about the experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications.

A second interview can be a more in-depth one-on-one interview with the Team Lead.

And third interview typically involves a final meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why Are You A Good Fit For This Position   1 Answer

MIS Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied naukri.com . The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZAPR Media labs (Bangalore) in November 2019.
    There were two rounds of interviewed followed by one Hr Round. The technical round was mainly based on subject excel .

Interview Questions

• Technical interview : mainly revolved around MS excel questions. had almost 3 question.   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru).

Interview

Applied through one recruitment firm ,The process was quick, it took around 2 weeks .process consisted 3 rounds ,two rounds were on same days and 3rd round was on another day.Feedback was given back to back. Hr and interview process was very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Questions were from all the Devops tools, Cloud Technology , CI/CD tools and implementations, automation tools and Bash scipts   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in October 2019.

Interview

The whole process was made smooth and easy by both technical and HR team. Overall the Interview process consist of 4 rounds.

Round 1 - Introduction (brief conversation to get an idea of my interest and current area of work going in Zapr)
    Round 2 - Technical (Key topics - Basics of Machine learning and Speech processing and my current work)
    Round 3 - Meet the founders (Face to Face interview with the ZAPR's CTO (Sajo Mathews)
    Round 4 - HR round

Interview Questions

• How regularization is done in the Neural network? How does weight change after applying it?   Answer Question
    • In stock market prediction, what kind of ML algorithm can be used, type of loss functions, and type of activation functions are used?   Answer Question
    • Is it possible to do the PCA operation with Neural network? How does an Autoencoder work? What kind of loss functions are used?   1 Answer
    • Difference between Wasserstein loss vs L2 loss in the context of GAN?   Answer Question
    • How with limited data or single reference sentence prosody transfer can be done in Tacotron or any other network?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in October 2019.

Interview

It will take entire day, so be prepared. Also mind the traffic, it is why Bangalore is famous for. I reached office around 11 am and left around 6.30 pm. HR received me and she was very welcoming.
    Coming to the interview procedure, had 4 rounds.
    1- Test
    I got 6 SQL question and 2 Python. Python question were damn easy. SQL Question some were easy and some Intermediate. That's the whole test round, don't worry if you don't solve them, But be sure to give your best. After solving they ask you the approach you used to arrive at the solution.
    2- Technical
    I was given data table and was asked to convert table to a certain format which was required. Since I was more familiar with python pandas, I used Python. They let you use internet for searching, or I think they do, I didn't ask. It took me an hour and few snacks (oh they have a really good cafeteria, grab what you can) to solve this question in very "Efficient" way. Also they asked few more questions, I tried hard but couldn't remember.
    3- Business
    They gave a dataset and population split and asked me how will i split the data in excel. They enquired about the work, I done in previous company. Be sure of what you write in resume. They also told me what the company is and what it does, and it had already happened twice in previous round. But now I was in too deep that I didn't stop them.
    4- HR
    Very chill round. Be comfortable and be nice. We had a nice chat, she answered some of the queries I had. That's it.

Traffic was hell, while returning. I got the call the next day and I was happy.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru).

Interview

Had a good experience with interview process. Overall there was 5 rounds of interview including technical and managerial rounds. There were 2 managerial rounds followed by 1 technical round and HR round and concluded with discussion with CTO.
    Scenario based evaluation for managerial skills evaluation instead of direct questions which is a good way IMO.

Interview Questions

• For managerial rounds, it was prior work experience along with scenario based evaluation (for ex. conflict resolution).
      For technical perspective, evaluation was related to prior work experience along with design problem related to Kafka.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZAPR Media Labs (Bengaluru) in September 2019.

Interview

I had applied to Zapr from Naukar.con. The interview process of Zapr comprises 3 Skype rounds.

First-round was telephonic discussion and completely technical, in which I was asked questions related to Android, Java. In Android they asked how process and thread communication happens, Ways of Background Tasks in Android, Java design pattern, Android OS behavior changes in android 9, Impact of doze mode and way to enter any app in doze mode. Difference between service and intent service. In which thread service and broadcast receiver run, cause of anr, question-based on creating SDKs in android, Gradle, etc. In Algorithms, they asked a couple of questions based on LinkedList. Some questions about UI.

my next round of interview has been scheduled with tech architect and he asked about my prior and current work projects and challenge faces during development .it was also completely technical round questions asked were based on the android component -service, broadcast receiver, dependencies required to get the location and motion data, cause of anr and how to handle it. Alarm manager and handler difference, multithreading questions, TDD approach, the difference between mockito and power mockito.

Third round was with the manager, he asked my current project and my current role and responsibilities in the same project and asked some logical and data structure questions, some questions about kotlin and asked me why I wanted to join ZAPR. Then he told me about the responsibilities of working in a startup and how it is different from working in an MNC.

Interviewers were very strong in technical as well as very helpful and friendly The whole interview process took me an entire day but was happy to receive the offer letter in the next day.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions

I was asked questions related to Android, Java, Kotlin, Algorithms etc.In Android they asked how process and thread communication happens, Ways of Background Tasks in Android, Java design pattern, Android OS behaviour changes in android 9, Impact of doze mode and way to enter any app in doze mode. Difference between service and intent service. In which thread service and broadcast receiver run, cause of anr, question-based on creating SDKs in android, Gradle. Challenge faced during development, android component -service, broadcast receiver, dependencies required to get the location and motion data,Alarm manager and handler difference, multithreading questions, TDD approach, the difference between mockito and power mockito.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.