Zenefits Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Zenefits Interview Questions

Interviews at Zenefits

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zenefits in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply for an online coding assessment. There were 4 major coding questions with requirements or partial code given. You can code in any language you are comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• General logic related coding questions like complicated fibonacci series kind of questions and such.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview is very similar to other bay area companies. First phase is phone screen and second onsite after you pass the phone screen. I would say the phone screen was a good way to know that this is not the place I would like to work. I heard from others who interviewed with them and did not like the fact that company mostly hires directly from sub-continent for cheaper labor. As a result company culture suffers. No diversity what so ever. I found that first hand when I interviewed with the company.

Interview Questions

• You can't really prepare for a specific question. Questions are going to be eclectic string manipulation to array manipulation. I was asked a different variation of Two Sum problem and another variation of Word Ladder. All randomly or carefully picked from hacker rank.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The tests were likely not meant to be solved using Python, even though that’s the role they were potentially hiring for. The sample inputs/outputs were as basic as possible, which made understanding the problem difficult. For both of the two questions I didn’t get #7-10 of their tests because of MemoryError, TimeoutError, or SegmentatoinError. All things that are hard to debug on my own machine, and hackerrank doesn’t give a stacktrace. Blackbox testing is generally not the way that people work. I’m pretty sure if a python engineer had written these tests, they would’ve been different.

Interview Questions

• Given all permutations of a string, give their lexicographical ranked order.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I did totally 3 rounds of interviews. The first 2 rounds were with engineers in the same position.
    The 1st round, I interviewed with a very nice guy, he was asking only algorithms questions - those are just like Google or Facebook interviews. The 2nd round is more tough with one algorithm question and one system design question. The system design question is not very hard but it seems that the interviewer was expecting one solution that matches with his solution, the flexibilities in my solution don't help. Anyway, I got to the 3rd round which was with the CTO of Zenefits. The last round was mostly about discussing the culture, vision and projects of the company. He's quite friendly and talking a lot about the company.
    The special thing I feel about the company is the bias of hiring Indians. All guys (except the recruiter) I talked to during my interview process were Indians. If you have a search for employees of this company (you know where), you can see there are quite many guys who worked in India with a normal profile and get sponsorship for this work in the US.

Interview Questions

• Check if we can turn a string into palindrome by swapping its characters?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted over linked in. Two telephone interviews. The whole interview process went very vell. All interviewer staff was very were friendly. Interviewers were happy to provide hints when I was stuck
    Get used to code on HackerRank as that is the primary tool being used for phone screens.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I received referrals from two employees, both of whom were generous and supportive when I reached out to learn more about the company. All engineering applicants take an online coding test to begin the process. The question was difficult but fair, though the lack of an output console on the online setup made debugging unnecessarily challenging. I passed all requirements and scheduled a technical phone interview.

I had read the reviews on this site, so I was wary of disinterested and rude interviewers. That said, this was the worst coding interview I have experienced. The interviewer acted smug and condescending throughout, not to mention disengaged. He laughed and said he didn’t know what I was doing when I made mistakes, and he responded to my clarification questions with brash, haughty snippets. The test was not my best performance, but in retrospect it’s no surprise I stumbled.

In addition to this, the interviewer twice attempted to correct me with incorrect assertions. He first asked a math question: if you roll a fair die one million times, what will be your average roll? I walked through the reasoning and explained why we arrive at the average of the six values. He dismissed my work as superfluous, claiming the answer is clearly the median—which is incorrect. In our example the mean happened to equal the median (3.5), but this is coincidence. If the die could roll a one, two, or ten million, what would our average roll be? Not two.

He later claimed that a loop within a loop guarantees quadratic run time, which again is wrong. I explained why this misses many cases, though he remained unconvinced. The rest of the interview proved equally unpleasant.

Though I appreciate the kind employees who guided me to the role, this experience has left me disenchanted with the company. It’s a shame some of the interviewers feel so free to condescend to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of meetings [start, end], return the minimum number of rooms needed to schedule the meetings such that no two overlap. (To clarify, each meeting must have a room to itself.)

Ex: [1, 6], [3, 8], [7, 9] ==> 2   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Being referred and received online test hosted by HackerRank, then I passed the online test to get the phone interview.

Reviewed my projects on resume one by one and brainstormed with the interviewer as he comes up with new implementations about specifics in my project. At the end of the interview, I was able to ask several questions about the position and the team.

Interview Questions

• One coding program: Shuffle card algorithm, where you have a deck of cards and you need to write a program to shuffle it.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits.

Interview

Interviewed after being contacted by a recruiter.
    The phone screening was awful. The interviewer didn't introduce himself, didn't ask anything about my background. While I did the coding exercise, he muted the mic and seemed like he was working on something else.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Zenefits in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is awful.
    (1) online coding,
    (2) The first skype interview. The interviewer was late 40 minutes.
    (3) The skype onsite. It was scheduled 3 rounds. I only interviewed by 1 person and then got an email from the hr. It said I failed the interview. Actually, I did very well in this round and the problems was not difficult at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online challenge they send me link . Two problems in three hours but second one is really hard I can not pass the last two test cases then comes phone interview . You should define your data structure by yourself

Interview Questions

• The rank of string in all permutations   1 Answer
    • Calculating expression reclusively   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.