Big data Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Big data Interview Questions

big data interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Advantages of java over c

2 Answers

write a query to find the second maximum.

What coding question they asked out of 5 question??

Difference between delete and truncate in SQL?

2 Answers

Spark : 1. Difference between map and flatmap. 2. Difference between groupbykey and reducebykey 3. Which file format spark saves file ? Answer should be ".orc" files only. (It took me multiple attempts to understand the question. and ".txt", ".csv" "xml" "anyflat-file-format" is not the correct answer. LOL ) 4. Difference between coalesce and repartition. 5. some more questions on RDD Hive 1 Difference between orderby and sortby 2. Select * from . How many mapper will be created. 3. Analytical function/ What is RANK ? hdfs 1. Difference between block and split SQL 1. What is indexing on single column ? (stopped in between of my answer ) and followed by what is sorting type in index key ascending or descending. (How does it matter its primary key not composite key) 2. Can you have two primary key . (I do not thing there will need of two primary as one it self does the job.) No tell the implementation is it possible, can you define two primary key ? (No) One of the panel member got irritated and fired a few questions after saying bye and answering my question related to profile and position . (Literally like Panel one : okay bye thanks for you ... Panel: No I will ask one last question . which file format spark saves files. )

Data Structures and Algorithms and RDBMS

Scala, Spark, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Hbase, AWS, SQL

1 Answer

Your Profile doesn't seem to fit out JD, so you can leave and we'll let you know if we have relevant profile for you.

Hive Static partition vs Dynamic partition

Sqoop - JDBC connection. How does Sqoop work

1 Answer

Basic Big data questions on hive and spark,scala

Just Puzzles. Algebra and Resume