dataxu Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

dataxu Interview Questions

Interviews at dataxu

2.8

Account Associate Interview

Interview

Standard procedure with HR process. HR was really kind. When I spoke with the HM, I got the impression that the team valued someone who wouldn't rock the boat. In retrospect, I wonder how they appreciate diversity of thought. Culture fit is a priority.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Got an interview call from them. Gave an hackerrank test mainly based on design questions.
    Last round was onsite interview, where they took 5 rounds, which were mainly focused on Linux, SQL , Java and design patterns. They were also looking for someone who can attend customers requirements in a smooth manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was smooth and people are generally quick to respond. There was a 30 min phone screen, before 1 on 1 video call interviews were scheduled about a week later. Interviewers were friendly and provided insight on the job scope and company culture. Questions were generally quite easy and straightforward, overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at dataxu   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Best interview experience! The Talent Aq team is very supportive and responsive, they treat you with respect. The on-site interviewers are down-to-earth. The process starts with a 30 min phone screen discovering if you have a clear understanding of what dataxu does, why you are interested in the position and generic questions about your position listed on the resume. On-site interview on the 2nd week, a series of 30-min 1:1 interview (2 hours total) with the Director and Team leads. Everyone genuinely initiates the conversation to get to know who you are, however, very important to show your eagerness in the position and that YOU DID YOUR RESEARCH on their products, programmatic advertising, also your soft skills should be appealing. A decision was made on the 3rd week.

Interview Questions

• Why dataxu? What do you understand about this position? What is your 1 strength? What are some weaknesses you have? What will your managers say about you? How do you define success? Who are you meeting next (asking about the interviewer)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online after discovering it on LinkedIn. HR then reached out a few days later to schedule a phone interview which was very basic mostly introducing the role, dataxu and my background. I also had to fill out a Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment, which consisted of selecting adjectives that other people would describe you as and then the same list about how you would describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why dataxu? Favorite Excel function? 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Very buttoned up from an HR perspective. I always knew what was happening and well prepped for who I would meet etc. The in person interview was between 3-4 hours after the initial two phone conversations which were about 30 minutes each. In general interview questions were average, hiring manger was a bit of a tough interview but was likely a reflection of our similar personalities. Only watch out or less than positive thing about my interview experience was a rather large gap in understanding of what the role would entail from the job posting and the phone conversations to the expectations of the role that were presented in person during the in person interview. Essentially, the role was written as a team lead of a client service function but was actually very focused on go to market/ sales. I was a little disheartened by this as it might I wasn't a great fit for the role and would suggest that dataxu update their future postings accordingly. I do believe this was a very recent shift in the objectives for that particular team but still would have been nice to know prior to committing to an on site interview. All in all a very pleasant interview experience and I would recommend looking into career options with them!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then brought in for a full morning of interviews with different people in the department as well as the director. Asked basic questions about my resume and experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin and followed up with a call to get to know me and my experience, etc. and set up a hiring manager call.
    Hiring manager call was standard 1hr mix of me describing my resume, some technical questions and him describing the team, the tech and the vision, after which they invited me on-site pending a Hackerrank challenge.
    Hackerrank was one of those standard problem to be solved in 60 (or was it 90) minutes. Easy enough.
    They arranged for flight and hotel for me on a really short notice, and that was excellent.
    On the day itself, the process was pretty smooth. There were about 6 (or 5/7) interviews, and I interviewed with a couple team leads who grilled me on standard java, architecture, algorithm, data structures. Another interview about Graphs, and more with HM and VP.
    I even ended up meeting the CEO for a brief 5 mins.
    Overall, I was pretty satisfied, and the whole interview process was a non-stressful process if a bit exhausting .

The offer was quick and fair. Ended up declining the offer only because of a change in personal circumstances prevented me from taking up the offer.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming, Graphs, Data Structures, Java fundamentals, synchronization & thread safety, JVM details, etc etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dataxu.

Interview

Applied online but received mail in a week's time saying they are proceeding with other applications. Only selected candidates are invited for further rounds of interview.
    Also, I had applied for Data Scientist internship as well for which too got a similar reply.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn in-mail. Then, I had a brief phone interview. A couple of weeks later, I was asked to come into the office for a 3 hour in person interview. I spoke with approximately 7 team members with different seniorities. I felt very comfortable in the interview. Everyone was extremely nice and easy going, and had nothing but great things to say about the job and overall company culture.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to optimize an ad campaign?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.