dataxu Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

dataxu Interview Questions

Updated 10 Nov 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

They move quickly through the interview process. Probably you will have your result in 2-3 weeks with all the interviews done. First is a phone interview with a set of Java questions then they send you a test to code and send it back. Finally 3 back to back 1 hour technical rounds consisting of 2 people each.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at dataxu in April 2015.

Interview

Gave me a couple of java assignment questions which were mainly on Multi-threading and asked me to work on it for 2 days and then submit it. But after submitting the recruiter told that they won't be able to sponsor H1B visas. It is an absolute waste of time interviewing with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

UNPROFESSIONAL, UNORGANIZED & UNFAIR.

I was reached out by a recruiter via email. He asked to set up time for quick 15-30 mins chat over the phone.

It started with reasonable questions and answers. "Tell us about yourself ?", "Why do you want to move ?", "How did you hear about us ?" etc.
    I asked them "What kind of talent are you looking for ?", "When do you expect candidate to join ?", "Can you explain interview process ?" etc. The recruiter told me that after the telephone call they will send me a online test link(HackerRank). If I do good then (final step), they will have me talk to manager over the phone and they will make the decision.

So, I took the test, which most mostly text book puzzle question. Recruiter called me back, he said they want to proceed to next round. (**Strike#1**) He asked a time for me to come for 5 hour long on-site interview. I reminded him of our last conversation, his reply was "Oh, that meeting could happen too, but I want to give you an opportunity to explore our work culture." It was different than what he said earlier so, it was bit weird & comforting at the same time. Hence, I agreed and provided my availability. (**Strike#2**) Very soon after that I got an email back asking for me to confirm the onsite interview on wrong date. I asked my recruiter to schedule interview within the availability I provided, if he need I can provide more availability. He said, he would need more availability. I did, finally we did schedule an interview.

A day before my interview, I reached out to my recruiter to confirm the interview and ways to get to the office. He said, since the office is in Boston they don't have parking and due to ongoing construction public transport is little unusual. I ask him if I can take uber/lyft would DataXu reimburse the fare. He said "No". That was it (**STRIKE#3**) for me, I TOOK A DAY OFF ($$) for this and they won't pay 30 bucks for transit. Sounded pretty unfair to me.

I cancelled my interview(using some excuse) used my DAY OFF for myself and my family.

Recruiter, called me back and asked would I be able to reschedule the interview. I said, I am not available for on site interview. (To my surprise) He said "Ok, no problem, I will have manager call you." At this point, I was being polite and I agreed to talk to manager.

Finally, when manger called, sounded like he was driving with a baby in the background while he is interviewing me . At that point it was funny(like a joke) because I made up my mind that I am not joining DataXu anyway.

I have interviewed for 2 person startups & multi-national companies, this experience was so unique. During interviews, usually companies are in their best behavior. I do wonder how are DataXu's regular employees surviving this.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about yourself ?", "Why do you want to move ?", "How did you hear about us ?"   Answer Question

dataxu Response

1 May 2017 – Senior Director Talent

Thank you for taking time to share this feedback, As the leader of the TA team, candidate experience is my top priority so to hear your experience described as being negative is personally, very... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Contacted by one of the recruiter who works in London for the hiring in Boston office. Though she lives in different country and in different timezone, she will make her best effort and will ensure she answers all our questions. This is the best part of the interview process. She always try her best to give positive interview experience for the candidate.

So the first step will be skype call by this recruiter. Then you ll have one telephonic interview with one of the teams in Boston office, followed by onsite interview.

Telephonic interview was like a formal conversation regarding my previous projects at my current employer.

In onsite, I was asked some basic Java and SQL questions . Trust me, they are relatively very easy questions. I was not able to answer them just because of my tiredness on the day of my onsite interview.
    Unfortunately, on the day of my interview I had to work from 1 AM to 5AM in the morning to resolve some of the on call issues. Then I drove to boston for 5 hours from my place for attending the interview. I didn't find time for having lunch and hence went straight away for the interview (without having lunch and breakfast). This severely impacted my capability during my interview.

It's purely my fault for not able to clear the interview. DataXU did a fantastic job in the interview process. I regret so much for not able to join the DataXU family, since I am very much impressed with their culture.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dataxu.

Interview

Applied online but received mail in a week's time saying they are proceeding with other applications. Only selected candidates are invited for further rounds of interview.
    Also, I had applied for Data Scientist internship as well for which too got a similar reply.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at dataxu.

Interview

I applied through college career service. Can't really remember if there was a phone screening or not, but I got an on site interview in their boston office. I was late for that day because of traffic and bus schedules, but they are quite understandable for the situation and nice to interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly thinking out of the box. I think they want people to be smart and have creative solutions to problems.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the HR team and then a one day process where I met with 5 people from the sales/client services team. Everyone wanted to learn more about my internship experience and my college courses. No one asked a question that wasn't expected.

Interview Questions

• How did your internship experience prepare you for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu.

Interview

Applied for the position via email after seeing an opening online. That day I received an email to set up a phone screening. Spoke to HR a few days later over the phone and was asked basic questions such as what my goals were, why DataXu, etc., then was asked to come in for an in-person interview a week later. Went into the interview and was placed in a conference room where I met with 5 different interviewers for 30 minutes each. Each had a different interview style and asked different questions.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Very buttoned up from an HR perspective. I always knew what was happening and well prepped for who I would meet etc. The in person interview was between 3-4 hours after the initial two phone conversations which were about 30 minutes each. In general interview questions were average, hiring manger was a bit of a tough interview but was likely a reflection of our similar personalities. Only watch out or less than positive thing about my interview experience was a rather large gap in understanding of what the role would entail from the job posting and the phone conversations to the expectations of the role that were presented in person during the in person interview. Essentially, the role was written as a team lead of a client service function but was actually very focused on go to market/ sales. I was a little disheartened by this as it might I wasn't a great fit for the role and would suggest that dataxu update their future postings accordingly. I do believe this was a very recent shift in the objectives for that particular team but still would have been nice to know prior to committing to an on site interview. All in all a very pleasant interview experience and I would recommend looking into career options with them!

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview and in person panel interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.