dataxu Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 63 interviews

Recruiter16%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

dataxu

Application

I interviewed at dataxu

Interview

Standard procedure with HR process. HR was really kind. When I spoke with the HM, I got the impression that the team valued someone who wouldn't rock the boat. In retrospect, I wonder how they appreciate diversity of thought. Culture fit is a priority.

Interview Questions
  • Why this company
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in Nov 2018

Interview

Got an interview call from them. Gave an hackerrank test mainly based on design questions. Last round was onsite interview, where they took 5 rounds, which were mainly focused on Linux, SQL , Java and design patterns. They were also looking for someone who can attend customers requirements in a smooth manner.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dataxu (Bangalore) in Sep 2018

Interview

1. An initial screening round by the HR. 2. A test on hackerrank. 3. An interview by the Tech Lead asking about the experience 4. A personality test - told me that it was mandatory to take 5. An interview for testing, validation of data and other concepts 6. An interview for core skills validation - ex: programming languages and frameworks that I used 7. An interview with the Director - again experience on my past and the type of work that I am looking for etc 8. An interview by the senior director - Asked about data pipelines in the current project and a few other questions After facing 6 rounds of interviews, I didn't even get a reply from them. How poor is the company management? They told that they'd reply by the following week - which was 10 days since the time I completed these 8 rounds. I said alright but It's been 30 days now. The recruiter used to send unnecessary emails until I gave the interview but once the process completed, I only got one mail saying that they'd get back to me but since then, no one even responded to my emails. This company wastes your time. They think that you're free and can wait for it to give its results for any number of months. The process took so long and this is the longest interview process that I ever faced. Even if you get selected in this company, think multiple times before joining. What a waste of time. I had to extend my time(all the interviews were held late nights so that their team in the US could come to the office and take the interviews casually) for every interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in Jul 2018

Interview

Best interview experience! The Talent Aq team is very supportive and responsive, they treat you with respect. The on-site interviewers are down-to-earth. The process starts with a 30 min phone screen discovering if you have a clear understanding of what dataxu does, why you are interested in the position and generic questions about your position listed on the resume. On-site interview on the 2nd week, a series of 30-min 1:1 interview (2 hours total) with the Director and Team leads. Everyone genuinely initiates the conversation to get to know who you are, however, very important to show your eagerness in the position and that YOU DID YOUR RESEARCH on their products, programmatic advertising, also your soft skills should be appealing. A decision was made on the 3rd week.

Interview Questions
  • Why dataxu? What do you understand about this position? What is your 1 strength? What are some weaknesses you have? What will your managers say about you? How do you define success? Who are you meeting next (asking about the interviewer)?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in Jul 2018

Interview

Hiring and interview process was smooth and people are generally quick to respond. There was a 30 min phone screen, before 1 on 1 video call interviews were scheduled about a week later. Interviewers were friendly and provided insight on the job scope and company culture. Questions were generally quite easy and straightforward, overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at dataxu

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in Jun 2018

Interview

I applied online after discovering it on LinkedIn. HR then reached out a few days later to schedule a phone interview which was very basic mostly introducing the role, dataxu and my background. I also had to fill out a Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment, which consisted of selecting adjectives that other people would describe you as and then the same list about how you would describe yourself.

Interview Questions
  • Why dataxu? Favorite Excel function? 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in May 2018

Interview

Very buttoned up from an HR perspective. I always knew what was happening and well prepped for who I would meet etc. The in person interview was between 3-4 hours after the initial two phone conversations which were about 30 minutes each. In general interview questions were average, hiring manger was a bit of a tough interview but was likely a reflection of our similar personalities. Only watch out or less than positive thing about my interview experience was a rather large gap in understanding of what the role would entail from the job posting and the phone conversations to the expectations of the role that were presented in person during the in person interview. Essentially, the role was written as a team lead of a client service function but was actually very focused on go to market/ sales. I was a little disheartened by this as it might I wasn't a great fit for the role and would suggest that dataxu update their future postings accordingly. I do believe this was a very recent shift in the objectives for that particular team but still would have been nice to know prior to committing to an on site interview. All in all a very pleasant interview experience and I would recommend looking into career options with them!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in Apr 2018

Interview

Brief phone interview and then brought in for a full morning of interviews with different people in the department as well as the director. Asked basic questions about my resume and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at dataxu (Boston, MA) in Mar 2018

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin and followed up with a call to get to know me and my experience, etc. and set up a hiring manager call. Hiring manager call was standard 1hr mix of me describing my resume, some technical questions and him describing the team, the tech and the vision, after which they invited me on-site pending a Hackerrank challenge. Hackerrank was one of those standard problem to be solved in 60 (or was it 90) minutes. Easy enough. They arranged for flight and hotel for me on a really short notice, and that was excellent. On the day itself, the process was pretty smooth. There were about 6 (or 5/7) interviews, and I interviewed with a couple team leads who grilled me on standard java, architecture, algorithm, data structures. Another interview about Graphs, and more with HM and VP. I even ended up meeting the CEO for a brief 5 mins. Overall, I was pretty satisfied, and the whole interview process was a non-stressful process if a bit exhausting . The offer was quick and fair. Ended up declining the offer only because of a change in personal circumstances prevented me from taking up the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Dynamic programming, Graphs, Data Structures, Java fundamentals, synchronization & thread safety, JVM details, etc etc.
1 person found this interview helpful

dataxu

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dataxu

Interview

Applied online but received mail in a week's time saying they are proceeding with other applications. Only selected candidates are invited for further rounds of interview. Also, I had applied for Data Scientist internship as well for which too got a similar reply.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews