dataxu Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

3.2
dataxu CEO Mike Baker
Mike Baker
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management values time-in-seat more than productivity(in 5 reviews)

• "In some cases, the re-orgs are a result of reduction in force, while in other cases they are due to departures of key stakeholders(in 4 reviews)

"Awesome work place"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at dataxu full-time

Pros

Brilliant people all around. Senior management is super knowledgable and at the same time approachable. Relevant technologies to play with. Company believes in its employees.

Cons

Nothing as such but should try focus on how to market the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

dataxu2015-05-21
  2. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at dataxu full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance. Can learn big data

Cons

Company got closed. Nothing else

dataxu2019-10-07
  3. "Great place to work with"

I have been working at dataxu full-time

Pros

Intellectual people around, work-life balance and lots of learning

Cons

Poor management Most teams still not fully staffed

dataxu2019-08-07

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at dataxu full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent and motivated co workers Easy going The India Leadership is excellent

Cons

The company can be a lot more aggressive to achieve new heights

dataxu2017-04-12
  5. "Its a Great Place"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at dataxu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, cutting edge tech, access to the CEO and other members of the leadership. There are some phenomenally intelligent people at this company and, whats more they are willing to work with you. The product is getting better every quarter and it's a very compelling offering. The mid-management in the sales team, the product team, the engineering teams and the client services team are all rock solid.

Cons

There have been a number of re-orgs (I am still here though and just practically speaking, it was imperative that we go through them). The executives and more specifically HR haven't been great at communicating or handling these re-orgs. I agree with many on here that HR (or People 'Strategy') is lacking. I wish we had more features released sooner but that's probably within every organization.

Advice to Management

Be more sensitive to your employees during re-orgs. Focus on getting more product out the door so we can continue to grow the business. Also this post is of my own accord.

dataxu2019-08-22

"Company Failing Due To Manager Negligence"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Boston, MA

I worked at dataxu full-time for more than a year

Pros

Openwork environment. Free soda. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Manager inexperience. CEO Negligence. Not letting anyone grow within the company.

Advice to Management

You gotta clean house and get someone else in there. Chris Sullivan needs to be replaced stat. He's so out of touch with current trends that he continuously leads the company to financial failure leading to back-to-back layoffs this year.

dataxu2019-08-20

"Falling fast and hard"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at dataxu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers, plenty of smart and hard-working people all around

Cons

- 3 “re-orgs” (layoffs) just in 2019 - upper management woefully out of touch with reality and has no understanding of how to keep company afloat and employees motivated - pays below market

Advice to Management

Your employees are not stupid and realize how bad things are. Stop treating them like children.

dataxu2019-08-10

"Company Going Downhill"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at dataxu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Generally speaking, colleagues are nice and willing to help. There are a lot of great minds to learn from.

Cons

RE-ORGS: I've been here for 6+ years. I've watched this company go through reorg after reorg. This past year alone, we've had 3 reorgs which resulted in many layoffs. We've also had to shut down offices (Brazil, India, Detroit). PERKS: Perks have gone downhill. We used to have free weekly lunches. This has gone down to when we just have a company meeting (about bi monthly). Boston Inno Coolest Company To... Work For: They forgot to mention that they incentivize their employees to vote by offering gift cards. As a result, engineers write scripts that they run all day to help vote. No Loyalty: I've watched this company layoff people who are extremely dedicated to this company (eat, breathe, and sleep dataxu). There is no loyalty here. They only care about their bottom line and will do what they can stay afloat as revenue has been declining quarter after quarter. Not Recognized for hard work: Don't bother putting in the hours, just work your 8 hour shift. Company doesn't recognize or care that you're going above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Management seems to be reactive to the decline in revenue vs. being proactive and trying to be one step ahead of the game.

dataxu2019-07-21

"One of the fastest declining companies in the Boston area..."

Current Employee - Professional in Boston, MA

I have been working at dataxu full-time

Pros

1. Unlimited PTO 2. Frequently touts itself as one of the finalists of BostonInno's Coolest companies 3. Generally speaking, coworkers are nice and kind

Cons

1 . The only constant at the company is the perennial re-org Can't remember how many re-orgs this place has undergone in the past few years. In some cases, the re-orgs are a result of reduction in force, while in other cases they are due to departures of key stakeholders. Exodus has almost become a constant theme 2 .The exec team doesn't seem to have a concrete clue about how to fix the company except for... going after whatever businesses that are trending 3. Did I mentioned that the company has had multiple company-wide employee data breach in recent years? No clear accountability after the incident. Several former employees were on their own to take care of potential identity theft.

dataxu2019-07-14

"Client Servicing"

Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at dataxu full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tech works and strong positioning in the TV space.

Cons

Too much politics within the office. A lack of direction in senior management.

dataxu2019-07-20