ALDI Reviews

3.6
ALDI  Jason Hart
Jason Hart
1,529 Ratings
Pros
  • "Good pay, excellent to work for(in 750 reviews)

• "Great pay and great benefits for employees(in 525 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Great"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at ALDI part-time

Pros

Good pay, awesome environment, room for growth

Cons

One of few employees in the store at any given time

2. "Amazing work culture"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Pune

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

Excellent growth opportunity and pay

Cons

A bit tiring at times

3. "Great Employer"

I worked at ALDI part-time

Pros

Salary is good. Takes care of the Employer needs. Constant education Possibility of growth

Cons

High speed of work Constant change in Store structure for sale

4. "SDE1"

Current Employee - SDE1 in Bangalore

I have been working at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Life environment id really good

Cons

Services are really reallly bad.

"Work your but off."

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Mumbai
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ALDI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Money, benefits, fellow workers. Otherwise plan on doing everything in the store.

Cons

Health, company runs an extremely low payroll so customer service is non existence. . Expect too much!

"Not for the faint of heart but being able to keep up in this demanding, fast paced retail environment has it's perks."

Former Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at ALDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ industry leading wages Associates - $12/hr, Shift Mgr - $16/hr, SMT - $23/hr, Store Manager - $75,000+/yr + great work environment + excellent training + health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k + 40-50 hr/wk with paid overtime Very fast paced so work hours fly by. I loved working at Aldi. The pay was great! Benefits great! Was training to be a store manager so a lot was expected of me but I was totally up for it. My store manager loved my work, associates loved my fairness, customers loved me.

Cons

+ work/life balance + walked 28,000 steps/day!!! Never thought I would be fired for clocking in only minutes late!!

Continue reading

"Please don’t waste your time"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Trying to find the pros... can’t see to come up with anything... you get a check perhaps?

Cons

Where do I begin. First off the company has unrealistic expectations on truck completion. Senior management (DMs and above) are recruited fresh out of college and don’t actually have any knowledge how the store operations work or daily hardships in store staff deal with. Their logistic process is also severely flawed as truck sometimes deliver very late rendering it impossible to complete before store open and the company is too lazy to invest in an overnight process. They are trying to open new stores but are aware that they have 0 talent to run these stores but they just want to remain in a reactive approach against LID’L which is eventually going to run them out of business. Benefits are Cigna but no one takes Cigna so good luck. Last but not least the training is mediocre. They would say that you were trained on something because you took an online module but they actually don’t have any staff to actually produce quality training. They also capitalize of a lower income community and not in the positive we are here to help you kind of way. They are going to fail and I just wouldn’t bother if I were you.

8. COVID-19

"Getting better"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at ALDI full-time

Pros

Friendly people for sure! I love shopping at Aldi, its my favorite store so it's great to work for a company whose product you who heartedly love! The medical/vision/dental benefits are good and affordable, speaking for a single person. They have nice offices, Aldi snacks always available which are great, and they are coming into the 21st century for their corporate environment. Their pay/salary is good and rather competitive, hard to find jobs that would pay as good, including a raise at your yearly anniversary for the first 3 years.

Cons

I expected more forward thinking and outstanding benefits from a company that is a large international company (however per my pros they are good).They are a little stuck in the old ways of corporate life, especially compared to others of its caliber. Without covid, remote working would have NEVER been a thing. Only recently did they allow jeans and headphones. Some teams have more flexibility and and opportunity for growth and promotions, but I unfortunately was on one It's a small thing, but we can't buy Aldi swag, I have more swag from family and friends companies than my own.